Virtuoso - Condition Signet Virtuoso
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A condition Virtuoso build for PvP with good sustain, meant to win smaller skirmishes.
- - better healing, slightly lower damage.
- - could replace Doom and Confusion sigils if you need more defense against conditions.
- over Confusion - if you prefer extra healing reduction and better condition variety to longer burst duration.
Elite specialization basics
- Shatters are replaced by Bladesongs (we're still going to refer to these as shatters).
- Instead of generating clones in combat you now stack Blades and Blades persist even after combat. The maximum count is 5 instead of 3.
- Bladesongs are a bit more clunky than regular shatters. They require you to face the target to activate and have a cast time, therefore cannot be used defensively while stunned.
- Role: look for 1v1s and smaller skirmishes, your damage isn't enough to be relevant in teamfights.
- is a very simple yet versatile skill allowing you to chase enemies, retreat to the safety of the highghround, break stuns, or get around the map faster.
- When you can't count on your team to assist with a kill, 's more about securing a kill on an already pressured target rather than setting it up. The Moa doesn't last long and the Moa'd player has access to a few defensive/mobility skills to avoid your followup attacks if played well. This however is still great for denying low HP enemies access to their heals and cleanses inbetween two bursts.
- is perhaps the most versatile skill in the build. While the passive is nice, its best part is the active - refreshing shatters is useful in just about any situation whether you need burst damage, CC or even the sustain of F4-5. Activating the signet itself also grants 1 second of via .
- Use for mobility while roaming between capture points or chasing after targets. PR teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so in order to teleport "forward" simply turn around and use it then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- About face ⇒ ⇒ about face is the rotation.
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- For Virtuoso the best defense is a good offense. Bladesongs/Shatters are crucial for sustain.
- Shatter skills grant Aegis from while blocking an attack procs and , applying boons and generating 3 Blades. This is the important part.
- Stocking a Blade heals you from the passive of , while using a shatter skills heals you via and even removes a condition.
- Try not to use the active of unless you're in serious trouble as the passive is way too valuable.
- Every Signet skill grants . is your panic button: break stuns, applies Stealth + and cleanses 5 conditions thanks to . SoM is the only mass condition cleanse in the build, keep that in mind when facing condition specs. Correcting mistakes or recovering from bursts becomes harder while this is on CD.
- is a short CD block, feel free to use it whenever you're pressured before resorting to bigger CDs.
- This skill does damage not only while channeling but even a few seconds after the skill has finished. Bladeturn Requiem could bring you out of Stealth when used in melee range of an enemy, which is a major downside for a defensive skill.
- The build has plenty of ways to deal with conditions:
- Weapon swapping removes a condition via .
- is your mass cleanse, removing a total of 5 conditions with .
- removes another one when you use your healing skill.
- cleanses whenever you shatter.
- Last but not least, is another source of cleansing.
- can be used even while stunned, blinding nearby enemies and giving you a chance to gain Protection whens struck.
- Same goes for , you could use it to get out of harm's way even while stunned.
- Every shatter inflicts Torment via .
- Try to use shatters with 4-5 Blades stocked if possible for maximum effect.
- is your main burst skill.
- is burst skill #2 but also more of a filler for dumping your Blades.
- As for weapon skills Scepter/Torch is the primary damaging set in the build. is a block with Blade generation that has nice synergy with all the other block related traits, you can always follow up here with a shatter.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade