Weaver - Fire Weaver
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition damage based Weaver build for sPvP with plenty of burst damage. Primarily serves as a duelist.
- is also a viable option in case you'd need more condition removal.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 are decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is .
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- Cycle Fire ⇒ Air ⇒ Fire ⇒ Air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- Dual attuning (having the same primary and secondary element) in general isn't recommended, but there are a few niche uses for it. One example would be attuning to Fire twice in order to squeeze more condition cleansing out of it in a limited time frame.
- Might stacking happens passively through . It's yet another reason for spamming autoattacks as much as possible when in combat (and attuned to Fire) even if you're not in range.
- This build is all about stacking Burning.
- can instantly add burst to any attack skill you're using:
- When it comes to offense, you can't go wrong with activating them on - fire has the highest raw damage output.
- is also a good choice because of the Vulnerability stacking, but this condition's effectivenes severely depends on how pressured your target is. If the target doesn't have any damaging conditions and isn't being focused by your team, Vulnerability doesn't do much.
- As for weapon skills, your heavy hitters are , , and . The latter two also pulse damage each second for a period of time, making them synergize well with .
- doesn't do much in duels because it's so easy to avoid just by not stepping on it, but it's a rather decent skill for downed cleave if dropped directly below the target.
Burst combo examples
- primary, secondary
- Swap to
- primary, secondary
- Swap to
Sustain and how to dealing with conditions
- The trait provides a steady stream of cleansing:
- Swapping to applies , cleansing one condition. Swapping to another attunement from fire gives you access to which cleanses another 2 conditions by detonating the aura.
- can be combo'd by using a leap finisher such as or in a .
- When auras no longer suffice is what you should use. This is the best anti-condition skill in the build, instantly removing 3 conditions upon being used.
- The trait grants a steady stream of barriers. Dodging on Water and Earth attunements has even more defensive benefits thanks to - the first dodge after attuning to Water acts as an AoE heal / cleanse while the first dodge on Earth is a blast finisher which can be combo'd into the field left behind by .
- Most of the sustain comes from combining with :
- The order doesn't always matter. Going from Earth to Water lets you blast immediately with for extra healing whilst cleansing conditions and reflecting projectiles. Going from Water to Earth allows for blasting Riptide's water field through an empowered dodge + .
- Skill #2 of both attunements has an evade frame in case you'd want to avoid incoming damage.
- Attuning to Earth serves as an instant source of AoE Protection application which is quite handy especially if you're CC'd and can't cast anything else.
- Earth / Fire is also an alright combination because of the cleansing from the auras and the barrier from .
- is the best defensive skill in the build, making you immortal for its duration (except for fall damage).
Basic healing combo
- Dodge in to proc the relevant effect of .
- Use .
- Swap to for or use if you were in Earth prior to switching to Water. Use them in the field created by Riptide. You could also go Earth ⇒ Water ⇒ Earth and do both.
- Swap to for the + combo.
- for the barrier.
- Optional: when you swap out of Fire, use if cleansing is needed.