Weaver - Fire Weaver
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition damage based Weaver build for sPvP with plenty of burst damage. Primarily serves as a duelist.
- Burning Fire is also a viable option in case you'd need more condition removal.
- - a more hybrid approach.
- - excellent general condition duration.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to Fire Attunement then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to Water Attunement for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is 24px Twin Strike.
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- Signet of Restoration should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- Every stance applies Stability which has many uses, including safe stomping downed enemies or securing important skills.
- Twist of Fate can be cancelled by stowing your weapon in rare cases when the full evasion isn't needed (let's say you have to cleave a downed target and must keep the pressure up, but had to break stun). Another application includes pressuring targets through Primordial Stance and 24px Lava Skin whilst evading incoming attacks.
- Dual attuning (having the same primary and secondary element) in general isn't recommended, but there are a few niche uses for it. One example would be attuning to Fire twice in order to squeeze more condition cleansing out of it in a limited time frame.
- Might stacking happens passively through Pyromancer's Puissance. It's yet another reason for spamming autoattacks as much as possible when in combat (and attuned to Fire).
- This build is all about stacking Burning.
- Primordial Stance and Glyph of Elemental Power can instantly add burst to any attack skill you're using:
- When it comes to offense, you can't go wrong with activating them on Fire Attunement - fire has the highest raw damage output.
- Air Attunement is also a good choice for both because of the Vulnerability stacking, but this condition's effectivenes severely depends on how pressured your target is - especially when it comes to the glyph which only stacks one condition type at a time. If the target doesn't have any damaging conditions and isn't being focused by your team, Vulnerability doesn't do much.
- Note: all 5 charges of the glyph go off based on the attunement you were in the moment this skill was used, swapping attunements doesn't change anything.
- As for weapon skills, your heavy hitters are 24px Flame Uprising, 24px Lava Skin, and 24px Pyro Vortex. The latter two also pulse damage each second for a period of time, making them synergize well with both Primordial Stance and Glyph of Elemental Power.
Burst combo examples
- Fire Attunement primary, Earth Attunement secondary
- Air Attunement primary, Earth Attunement secondary
Sustain and how to dealing with conditions
- The trait Smothering Auras provides a steady stream of cleansing:
- Swapping to Fire Attunement applies Fire Shield, cleansing one condition. Swapping to another attunement from fire gives you access to 24px Transmute Fire which cleanses another 2 conditions by detonating the aura.
- Fire Shield can be combo'd by using a leap finisher such as 24px Polaric Leap or 24px Flame Uprising in a Flamewall.
- When auras no longer suffice Magnetic Wave is what you should use. This is the best anti-condition skill in the build, instantly removing 3 conditions upon being used.
- The trait 24px Invigorating Strikes grants a steady stream of barriers. Dodging on Water and Earth attunements has even more defensive benefits thanks to Evasive Arcana - the first dodge after attuning to Water acts as an AoE heal / cleanse while the first dodge on Earth is a blast finisher which can be combo'd into the field left behind by 24px Riptide.
- Most of the sustain comes from combining Water Attunement with Earth Attunement:
- The order doesn't always matter. Going from Earth to Water lets you blast 24px Riptide immediately with Magnetic Wave for extra healing whilst cleansing conditions and reflecting projectiles. Going from Water to Earth allows for blasting Riptide's water field through an Evasive Arcana empowered dodge + 24px Earthen Vortex.
- Skill #2 of both attunements has an evade frame in case you'd want to avoid incoming damage.
- Attuning to Earth serves as an instant source of AoE Protection application which is quite handy especially if you're CC'd and can't cast anything else.
- Earth / Fire is also an alright combination because of the cleansing from the auras and the barrier from 24px Lava Skin.
- Obsidian Flesh is the best defensive skill in the build, making you immortal for its duration (except for fall damage).