Weaver - Fire Weaver
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition damage based Weaver build for sPvP with plenty of burst damage.
- Burning Precision can be a significant damage boost if you can afford to lose some cleansing.
- - gets the most out of Burning.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to Fire Attunement then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to Water Attunement for example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is 24px Twin Strike.
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- Signet of Restoration should seldom be touched, as the passive is extremely valuable. Note that several trait procs also count as skill activations and will benefit from the passive of this signet.
- Unless you either have a high amount of Confusion on you, or you're already at maximum health, you should always be casting something (autoattacks will do too). This is to get the most out of this signet's passive.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness while roaming between capture points.
- Every stance applies Stability which has many uses, including safe stomping downed enemies or securing important skills.
- Twist of Fate can be cancelled by stowing your weapon in rare cases when the full evasion isn't needed (let's say you have to cleave a downed target and must keep the pressure up, but had to break stun). Another application includes pressuring targets through Primordial Stance and 24px Lava Skin whilst evading incoming attacks.
- This build is all about stacking Burning.
- Primordial Stance and Glyph of Elemental Power can instantly add burst to any attack skill you're using:
- When it comes to offense, you can't go wrong with activating them on Fire Attunement - fire yield the most raw damage output.
- Air Attunement is also a good choice for both because of the Vulnerability stacking, but this condition's effectivenes severely depends on how pressured your target is - especially when it comes to the glyph which only stacks one condition type at a time. If the target doesn't have any damaging conditions and isn't being focused by your team, Vulnerability doesn't do much.
- Note: all 5 charges of the glyph go off based on the attunement you were in the moment this skill was used, swapping attunements doesn't change anything.
- As for weapon skills, your heavy hitters are 24px Flame Uprising, 24px Lava Skin, and 24px Pyro Vortex. The latter two also pulse damage each second for a period of time, making them synergize well with both Primordial Stance and Glyph of Elemental Power.
Dealing with conditions
- The trait 24px Smothering Auras provides a steady stream of cleansing:
- Swapping to Fire Attunement applies Fire Shield, cleansing one condition. Swapping to another attunement from fire gives you access to 24px Transmute Fire which cleanses another 2 conditions by detonating the aura.
- Fire Shield can be combo'd by using a leap finisher such as 24px Polaric Leap or 24px Flame Uprising in a Flamewall.
- When auras no longer suffice Magnetic Wave is what you should use. This is the best anti-condition skill in the build, instantly removing 3 conditions upon being used.
- Twitch: Phantaram