Weaver - Lightning Rod Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high skillcap WvW Weaver roaming build built around the Lightning Rod trait.
- The first trait choice is between having more evasion to avoid incoming attacks, or extra healing that helps you recover from them. If you wish to opt for the latter, take .
- over- this makes the build harder to play, but adds powerful boon stealing.
Elite specialization basics:
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to then fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 will be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch tofor example then water is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are water and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + water for example is.
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- is the bread and butter of this build. You'll use it both offensively (to deliver pressure), and defensively (to mitigate direct damage through Weakness.
- Note that this trait procs whenever you land a CC skill on a target, even if they negated it with Stability.
- The build has plenty of CC skills:
- water #5
- air #2
- air #5
- air/earth #3
- chain skill of your elite
- Similar to a Fresh Air build, your primary attunement's going to be and you'll be using it more often than any other element. Most of your CC comes from here, and attuning to it procs(instant ranged damage) plus(excellent mobility for disengage or chasing down targets). Air is also the only element you should ever double attune to - the dual attackcan deal fairly high damage, and double attuning boosts your damage throughfor a short while.
- Cycle fire -> air -> fire -> air to maintain Swiftness via while roaming. Alternatively, if you're lazy then just stay attuned to primary air to maintain(although this does sacrifice a tiny bit of mobility).
- Stances grant Stability, which has many uses including safe stomping downed enemies.
- The bulk of your damage comes from a combination of ,,,, and various dual attacks.
- This build relies heavily on avoiding damage. A few examples from your kit: anddefend against projectiles (the latter is also your best condition cleanse),helps with kiting melee, whilecan even make you invulnerable for a few seconds.
- The damage you can't avoid should be mitigated through Weakness, and Protection from attuning to earth (thanks to ).
- The water portion of heals and removes a condition.
- The defensive rotation is definitely something you should learn and utilize whenever heavy healing is needed:
- Dodge in order to proc the water part of for healing and condition cleansing.
- for evasion, healing, and condition cleansing.
- to blast the water field left behind by Riptide.
- for the barrier and some counterpressure.