Weaver - Staff Weaver
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build is fragile but deals high AoE damage from a distance. It is very challenging to play effectively but can be a very rewarding specialization. This build features two variants with slightly different playstyles.
- The Arcane Variant has more defensive skills and can cast many of its damaging spells on the move, making it more forgiving for solo players.
- The Air Variant is more immobile and takes more planning, but capable of much higher damage. It excels when supported by other players in group events, allowing the Weaver to deal damage from safety.
- Air Variant
- If running the Air variant, use as your Optional Skill.
- Arcane Variant
- If running the Arcane variant, use as your Optional Skill.
- Healing Skills
- - if conditions are a problem. Synergizes with covering its long channel time.
- - Use this over if running the Air variant.
- Utility Skills
- - more single-target damage than .
- - higher damage than if you don't need the defense.
- - more mobility.
- - get out of jail free card.
- Elite Skills
- - high damage and mobility.
- - Amazing for 'Air. Gives you a high damage or very tanky companion.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - provides more Blind if having trouble with trash mobs.
- This variant is more immobile and takes more planning, but capable of much higher damage. It excels when supported by other players in group events, allowing the Weaver to deal damage from safety.
- Swap for
- Swap for
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses the same gear as the Weaver - Power DPS Staff build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
Marauder / Open World Variant
- For a tankier option you can run full Marauder's stats. You lose some damage but gain a massive boost to health.
You can check our Guide on Gear Variants to find good alternatives for this build! Open World Gear Variants Summary
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Attunement management is key to playing Weaver. Continuously swap attunements to get access to your different damaging skills, and double attune to whenever possible to benefit from .
- is your main attunement with the high-damage and .
- is your best secondary attunement in open world, providing burst damage from and .
- deals good delayed damage with and .
- isn't really useful but can provide a small amount of healing and condition cleanse.
- Try to open with Dual Attack skills to benefit from and guarantee critical hits for your burst damage skills.
- AoE placement is very important with this build, as they make up the bulk of your damage. Be sure enemies won't move out of your attacks after you cast them.
- You can place or to trap enemies in your .
- You can aggro enemies with a ranged attack, then run behind a wall or corner to break line of sight. This forces enemies to come to you and lets you hit with an easy // combo.
- You can use without interrupting .
- provides an extra body that can tank damage for you, which can be helpful for doing hero points or group events without support. Earth Elemental draws enemy aggro and takes hits for you, while Ice Elemental provides great crowd control and healing.
- If using or , treat these as high-damage fillers you can use while and are both on cooldown.
- Remember to cast to keep up swiftness for .
Arcane Specific Tips
- This variant can make good use of combo fields, as , , , and are all blast finishers. Blast a fire field, such as or , to gain might and fury. Blast a water field like for a large burst of healing.
Air Specific Tips
- is one of your most powerful skills. You can use it in Air or Fire for a high-damage opener, or in Earth for a zone that continuously blinds enemies.
- deals more damage, but has a much shorter cooldown allowing you to throw it out liberally.
- blinds enemies for 10 seconds, allowing you to channel with impunity.
- and (in Lightning Hammer)
- (from Ice Elemental)
- (from Air Elemental)