Weaver - Storm Sword
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A strike-based weaver build for open world. This build has very high burst damage and good mobility.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- This set uses similar gear to Build:Weaver_-_Power_DPS_Sword, making it excellent for general PvE
Prioritize ascended food over everything else; steak (power) and flatbread (conditions). Using cheap/budget food is perfectly acceptable in open world.
and offer the highest damage when solo
for more dodges, for sustain against trash.
Run and (or its other variants) when trying to maximize gold per hour.
This build relies heavily on cycling between and while double attuning to each in order to maintain . and are typically only used for defense or crowd control.
This build is quite easy to deal damage with if you follow this skill priority based on your attunement:
- Air/Air: Prioritize and AA Chains
- Fire/Air: > >
- Fire/Fire: > > >
- Air/Fire: AA Chains
If you wind up in Water:
- > Water AA Chain >
Earth: Earth actually has a few useful blast finishers which can help with might if you have a fire field down
- > Try to leave earth as soon as possible
Ideally you'll use your in Air for Vulnerability, though if a mob is already capped on vuln using it in Fire is higher DPS. Try not to interrupt your AA chains in Air, it's fine to interrupt fire if a big skill is about to come off cooldown.
Sword/Dagger's defense is somewhat low.
- - heal and evade
- - damage reduction
- - condi cleanse
- - evade & blast finisher
Focus has significantly more defensive options & CC, though loses DPS:
- , - projectile hate
- - invuln
- Focus - Defensive offhand
- Staff - Ranged option for open world zergs
- - burst heal
- - passive healing
- - defense
- - stunbreak and evade
- - high damage and AOE blind
- - more AOE
- - mobility
- - defensive barrier and stability
- - Burst damage and cleave
- - high CC
- - Summon provides damage in fire, tanking in earth or sustain in water
- - Higher burst damage, especially good against trash
- - Swiftness and fury uptime if running Fire traitline due to
- - Mobility
- / - More defense
- - Sacrifice HP for more damage in groups if not crit capped
Arcane can replace Water for an increase to defense at the loss of DPS.
- - Trades Protection uptime for passive blocks
- - Damage boost, particularly when receiving boons from allies
Fire can replace Water as an alternative damage option and might generation if needed.
- - Use this if you plan on holding onto conjures
- - Passive condition cleanse
- - DPS option if might generation is not needed or obtained elsewhere
- Knight, Soldier - Trinkets can be mixed with other sets for increased defense
- Marauder - Luxury stat efficient defensive option with a minor damage loss
- , - Budget option
- - Option if needing more precision
- - Self boon generation if these boons are not gained elsewhere or from other players
- , , - Defensive options
- - Strongest defensive rune if zerging
- - Alternative DPS
- - Defense
- - Might gen if not running
- / + - Budget DPS options
- - Budget DPS option with more precision
- - High damage buff against trash
- - Burst self might gen, especially when cleaving
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade