How to make Transcendence
This is a step-by-step guide which explains how to craft , the Legendary PvP Amulet. Being one of the only 2 Legendaries in GW2 for this particular slot makes Transcendence special and quite valuable.
While sPvP uses a different stat template and legendary armor is not helping you out in any way there, it's immensely useful for every other area of the game. Legendary armor incentivizes PvE/WvW players to try their luck in PvP while also making it easier for PvP players to jump straight into any other area of the game.
Legendaries are convenience items first and foremost. They're stored in your account storage shared across all characters. Their stats can be changed for free any time out of combat and upgrades can be removed with a simple click.
Always finish gathering everything in a given step before moving on to the next one! The guide is structured in a way that you'll hardly ever have to go to the same NPC or location twice if you follow the steps in the correct order. Each step also assumes that you have the necessary materials from the previous step.
While working on gathering all the necessary materials and items you should also make sure that you have a character with 500 skill in one of the following crafting disciplines: Artificer, Huntsman, Weaponsmith. Crafting is necessary for several parts of the process and only these 3 disciplines can make everything you'll need.
Alternatively a combination of the following disciplines would also work:
Even though it's a PvP Legendary, WvW will be part of the journey. To obtain a you must complete the Gift of Battle Item Reward Track at some point before you could head to the Mystic Forge in the final step of the guide. You'll have plenty of time to do this and it doesn't have to be in one go.
Couple of resources you might find useful for this step:
- WvW Roaming builds (smallscale PvP)
- WvW Zerg builds (largescale PvP)
Getting a is much easier, this is a simple gold sink. While grinding for Gift of Battle you're going to earn some , the Gift of Battle costs 250 of these at Miyani/Mystic Forge Attendant. Buy the missing amount from the Trading Post.
Step 1: Accountbound Materials
The first thing you have to do is get the following accountbound materials and PvP currencies:
- (4) - comes from the final reward chest of the Glorious Reward Track. Completing this track twice should be enough as you can get 2 fragments from one chest if you opt for the 2nd fragment instead of the Exotic armor.
- PvP League Ticket (75) - final reward of every non-repeatable League Reward Chest, earned through playing ranked games. This is limited to 100 per season, but with 75 we're well within that limit.
- Ascended Shard of Glory (1075) - final reward of every League Reward Chest, earned through playing ranked games. If you already have a then you're only going to need 900. Farming these might take more than one season.
- (100) - found in every PvP Reward Track as well as some WvW Reward Tracks and Large Rank-Up Chests you get from increasing your PvP rank.
- - achievement reward for winning 120 ranked games during Conquest seasons. Doesn't have the be done in one season.
Universal currencies that are not strictly tied to PvP but can be acquired there too:
- (140) - found in Rank-Up Chests and most loot boxes that come from PvP Reward Tracks. Alternatively use on a level 80 character to earn shards instead of levels. Only need 100 if you're not crafting s.
- (77) - contained in the final reward chest of many reward tracks, especially non-repeatable ones.
- (2) - one crystal is made from a combination of 5 + + , so you'll need 10 of each. 1 Brick is made from 100 Pile of Bloodstone dust, 1 Dragnite Ingot from 100 Dragonite Ore and 1 Empyreal Star from 100 Empyreal Fragments. Could also drop from salvaging Ascended Chest, Leg, and Weapon slot items. Check your bank first because there's a chance you might already have enough of these.
- (between 0 and 60) - used in crafting Bloodstone Bricks, Dragonite Ingots and Empyreal Stars. If you already have them gathering dust in your material storage, or already have 2 Vision Crystals then you won't need any shards.
- (1) - guaranteed drop from salvaging Ascended Armor and Weapons using an , random drop from salvaging other Ascended gear. You can buy the tool from the Laurel merchant in Heart of the Mists.
The following materials are related to the , if you already have this amulet then skip these:
- (250) - random amount from most lootbags found in PvP Reward Tracks.
- (250) - fixed amount from several lootbags found in PvP Reward Tracks.
- (250) - fixed amount from most final chests found at the end of PvP Reward Tracks.
- (10) - chance to be salvaged from Exotic gear level 68 or higher.
- (2420, or 2250 if you already own a , and only 2000 if you also have a ) - while not accountbound it's still a PvP currency, and you'll need to grab them before proceeding to the next step of the guide. Could be bought from the Trading Post or earned via PvP Reward Tracks and daily achievements.
- (250) - also not accountbound, this is mostly just a gold sink. Could be bought from the Trading Post or earned from daily achievements, login rewards and Automated Tournaments in PvP.
- - WvW reward track reward.
Step 2: Ascended Precursor
The crafting process revolves around the as this is the piece of Ascended equipment that you're going to upgrade to Legendary. If you already have one, skip to the next step in the guide.
You could get the amulet from either PvP, WvW or PvE Fractals:
- PvP: 175 Ascended Shard of Glory + 170 from the Ascended Armor League Vendor in Heart of the Mists.
- WvW: 260 WvW Skirmish Claim Ticket + 250 from a Skirmish Supervisors found on WvW maps.
- PvE: 100 Pristine Fractal Relic + 2 from BUY-2046 PFR in Mistlock Observatory.
Step 3: PvP Components
Go to Heart of the Mists (or stay where you are if you bought the amulet with PvP currencies) and grab the rest of the necessary materials too so you don't have to come back several times during the crafting process. You'll find the vendor near the Market Waypoint on the eastern edge of the platform.
Waypoint chat code: [&BNgJAAA=]
Open the 5th tab of the Ascended Armor League Vendor and purchase:
- - cost: 100
- - cost: 400 Ascended Shard of Glory
- - cost: 1000 regular
- - cost: 20 PvP League Ticket
Now head over to the League Vendor who should be right next to you, open the 2nd tab and buy:
- (5) - cost: total of 25 PvP League Ticket for the 5 certificates
- - cost: 25 (skip if you have a )
- - cost: 50 (skip if you have a Vial of Salt)
- - cost: 75 (skip if you have a Vial of Salt)
- - cost: 100 (skip if you have a Vial of Salt)
- - cost: 100
- - cost: 250 + 250 Ascended Shard of Glory + 250
Note: the essences have to be bought in order, as purchasing one essence unlocks the next at the vendor.
Step 4: Crafting
Before you'd get to the crafting stations make sure to visit the Mystic Forge (and the Trading Post if you need any materials for the gifts, check the crafting tables below and see what you're missing).
At the Mystic Forge look for Miyani (Mystic Forge Attendant). Purchase 2 from the 1st tab IF you need to craft s.
Now open the 2nd tab and scroll all the way to the bottom. The following 8 Exotic recipes for the gifts must be bought for 10 Gold each if you haven't learned them already: Gift of Blood, Bones, Claws, Dust, Fangs, Scales, Totems, Venom.
If you don't already have a then in addition to all the materials listed under the Gift of Condensed Might and Condensed Magic sections below you should also buy some extra for later use:
- 20 each: , , ,
- 50 each: , , ,
Once you're done checking the TP, learned the recipes and have the stones, head over to the crafting stations.
Gift of Condensed Magic
You're going to have to create 2 sets of Gift of Blood, Venom, Totems and Dust through crafting.
The material costs below are adjusted for crafting 2 of each gift, you don't have to get more than what's listed.
Keep these for later.
Gift of Condensed Might
Create 2 sets of Gift of Bones, Claws, Fangs and Scales through crafting, just like the previous step.
Keep these too for later.
To create a Vision Crystal in the next step of the guide first you must make some Ascended materials.
For this you'll need either 425 skill level in Chef or 450 skill level in either Armorsmith, Artificer, Huntsman, Leatherworker, Tailor or Weaponsmith.
- (10) - crafted from 1000 + 20 + 100
- (10) - crafted from 1000 + 20 + 100
- (10) - crafted from 1000 + 20 + 100
can be bought directly from crafting trainers in bulks of 10, so buy 30 not 300.
Once you have all the necessary materials go ahead and craft 2 using the Bricks, Ingots, Stars and the Augur's Stones. For this step however you need 500 skill level in either Armorsmith, Artificer, Huntsman, Leatherworker, Tailor or Weaponsmith.
Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy
You'll need 1. Making a requires:
- 500 crafting skill in one of the following disciplines: Armorsmith, Artificer, Huntsman, Leatherworker, Tailor or Weaponsmith.
- 1 - guaranteed drop from salvaging Ascended Armor and Weapons using an , random drop from salvaging other Ascended gear. You can buy the tool from the Laurel merchant in Heart of the Mists. DO NOT salvage your Ascended PvP gear! Salvage some random crafted PvE piece and if you don't have one, make one.
- 75 - salvaged from Ascended Rings and Trinkets, could also be bought from the Trading Post.
- The recipe is learned automatically at the crafting skill level of 500.
Step 5: Mystic Forge
You're close to assembling your Legendary now, but before that we must take a quick detour and buy two more items from Miyani (Mystic Forge Attendant) who's standing right next to the Mystic Forge:
- - cost: 250
- - cost: 250
Now we can start forging!
Create 2 Gifts of Condensed Magic and 2 Gifts of Condensed Might by combining the gifts you crafted, then used them to create the Mystic Tribute:
Vial of Salt
Optional, craft only if you don't already have one
Create a Mystic Essence of Challenge, Determination, Discipline and Success.
Once you have all the Mystic Essences create :
These essences are part of the Year of the Ascension, a set of achievements related to crafting the Legendary PvP Backpiece , so you've already made some progress towards that now. If you're interested check out our How to make The Ascension guide too.
Gift of the Champion
Create a Salt-Forged Mist Diamond, a Gift of the Mists, a Gift of Competitive Dedication and finally a Gift of the Champion.
Gift of Skirmishing and Transcendence
- (double-click your 4 s that you got from to create this item first)
And now, one last time, combine:
That's it, you're done! Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of the Legendary PvP Amulet .
Legendary gear goes straight to your account storage so don't look for it in your inventory, click the amulet slot in the Hero panel and the legendary option should appear on the left, ready to be equipped.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium