Chronomancer - Boon Support Power DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage and Boon support
Designed for: Raids
Power Quickness chronomancer provides 100% Quickness uptime to its subgroup while dealing DPS.
This build can also easily tank. If the aggro is toughness based, simply equip some toughness. The amount needed will depend on the encounter and you and your squad's performance and skill.
As with all mesmer builds, it has access to plentiful utility should it be required, such as , , or .
A variation of this build to play as an off-healer is possible, but it's so bad that it's not worth playing.
Note that chronomancer used to be able to provide both quickness and alacrity at the same time, this is no longer possible. If you need to provide alacrity instead of quickness,
Note: this build received signifcant nerfs on the 28th July 2022 game balance patch and is currently quite weak, not part of the meta, and not recommended.
Greatsword is mandatory but offhand Sword can be replaced if utility is required:
- Focus provides the best pull in the game, which can be massively beneficial on the right encounters.
- Pistol offers more CC.
Utility You can replace Well of Calamity and Mantra of Pain if needed.
- provides a long-duration reflect.
- provides aegis to your subgroup, useful for fights like Deimos CM.
- provides Stability to your group.
- for encounters that require heavy CC.
- offers more CC than but on a longer cooldown, which may be more suitable for some encounters.
- if you need a portal.
- allows you to get a second use out of a key skill if you'll need it more often than the cooldown. Often used together with .
Elite is not required to maintain quickness, but it provides an easy way to start fights with quickness and can be used to cover up any mistakes in the rotation.
- should be used if an encounter requires heavy CC.
- bigger and faster CC than but on a longer cooldown, which may be more suitable for some encounters.
Sometimes utility is more important than damage. The inspiration traitline can be very powerful on encounters where you specifically need Aegis, such as Deimos, or the distortion from can be used to cheese certain mechanics, such as Slothasor's shake. Replaces Dueling.
- If the feedback from might cause problems (such as as Cairn), then you can swap it out for or depending on whether healing or condition cleansing is more useful.
- If using a focus, then is very nice, assuming the reflects won't be an issue.
- When running Inspiration, is very powerful and its short cooldown makes it convenient for dealing with mechanics. If you are struggling with the timing, then is instant-cast and still has a relatively low cooldown.
- Ths gear set provides 15,4% boon duration so you can comfortably upkeep perma Quickness. You have 75,05% critical chance with food, reaching 100% with Fury.
- If you want to maximise your damage, swap the Sigil of Concentration for a Sigil of Air, and use Diviner leggings for 5,4% boon duration, but your quickness will drop if you can't maintain a perfect rotation.
If you absolutely require the utility of , replace shield with focus and use this gear set because you will need a lot more boon duration.
- This set provides 38,33% boon duration will lets you comfortably upkeep permanent Quickness. And 99,1% critical chance with food and Fury.
- Plate of Coq Au Vin with Salsa / Plate of Peppercorn-Spiced Coq Au Vin
This build provides Quickness through , therefore it is important to maximize value from each shatter cast but you should also make sure not to waste clones by summoning extras and overriding an existing one.
Start on Sword/Shield
- (while engagin the boss)
- ⇒ at the end of the casting time. Cast both charges of Mantra of Pain.
- ⇒ ⇒ so Mind Stab cancels the long aftercast of Well of Calamity.
- Continuum Split ends during Mind Stab.
- and start spamming Mantra of Pain anytime it gets a charge.
- ⇒ so Signet of Ether cancels the long aftercast of Well of Calamity.
- Weapon Swap
- The loop is very simple. This is your priority, fill your other skills in between.
- Everytime you swap to greatsword, you will use Phantasmal Berserker 3 times. Or 4 times if Continuum Split is once again available.
- Your should come off cooldown while you're on Greatsword. Simply repeat the rotation.
- The rotation delays in the opening until you have stacks of .
- You can use → to pull adds onto the boss if needed, but you will need the appropiate gear set to maintain quickness.
- is not necessary to maintain quickness. Once it comes off cooldown after the first use, just use it when your allies might not have quickness, for example when coming back from doing canons on Sabetha.
- and can be used to avoid incoming damage with less of a DPS loss than dodging.
- Each of your Phantasm skills will create a clone (or two, in the case of after a short delay, once the phantasm has completed its attack. Keeping track of your phantasms is important to ensure you don't waste any clones.
- creates a clone on your target.
- creates a clone on your target if you succesfully block.
- creates a clone on your target when the projectile hits.
- is your primary shatter and does by far the most damage, use it whenever you have 3 clones. It's ok to delay this a little bit if you're only at 2 clones.
- should only be cast if you know you'll have 3 clones available again by the time comes off cooldown.
- should be saved for emergencies to provide CC or cover quickness gaps.
- Neither of your shatters line up perfectly in your loop, so they will drift, but you should be using at least once on each weapon set (indicated in the rotation).
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium