Dragonhunter - Burn Trapper DH
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Burn Dragonhunter build that bursts enemy team from stealth. Where Spirit Burn DH utilized and for dispersed Burn application, the low damage is now supplemented by and a more concentrated burst.
Skill Bar Variants
- Focus - extra damage + blocks, Sword/Focus allows easier combo for cleansing or teleporting into safe stomps.
- Shield - for sustain and team support, especially against enemy ranged damage.
- Torch - for mobile burst Template:Gw2wiki, condition cleanses and synergy with . Counteracts many of this builds weaknesses.
- over - lower CD provides more frequent Template:Gw2wiki and Template:Gw2wiki, but the build lacks any stun breaks.
- - for mass condition cleanse and StunBreak.
- - more mobility and Stunbreak, can be used mid cast for instant CC from range.
- - can make up for the lack of StunBreaks with Template:Gw2wiki stacks.
- - alternative playstyle, take Torch as it does not require CC setup.
- - use this if you go Sword/Torch so you can camp Sword for longer than two rotations of its abilities. Otherwise Sword CD and weapon swap will nearly overlap anyways.
- is also a viable option, provides cover conditions and a powerful Template:Gw2wiki. Optional if taking Shield.
- if you decide to drop , definitely take Torch in that case.
- can be taken for 2v2/3v3 arenas where despite its long CD is reset every round, also triggers .
- Template:Gw2sigil - for some cover conditions and Template:Gw2wiki against heals. On Sword for cleaving downed targets while preventing rez.
- Template:Gw2sigil - setup for burst with Template:Gw2wiki application. Scepter/Torch is your main burst set, pair with Template:Gw2sigil.
- Template:Gw2sigil - on Torch to proc stacking for Template:Gw2wiki and x2 which has high base power for crits.
- Template:Gw2sigil - on Scepter to strip Template:Gw2wiki allowing CC.
- Template:Gw2sigil/Template:Gw2sigil - add either if you need extra condi cleanse or to kite/dodge key abilities.
- Template:Gw2rune - for alternative Burn DH, allows freedom to swap out traps.
- Your role is to burst the enemy team and can typically takedown groups in seconds.
- The build relies on CC to pin the enemy down, through /, followed by /// to stack Template:Gw2wiki through .
- Being a condition build you want to avoid using to maintain . However, the spear pull can be used to pull onto and combo with as it does not rely on for damage, or to ensure kills since will refresh .
- With many AOE abilities and this build scales with team fights.
- This build excels if your own team has CC and boon strip to lock the enemy down.
- You have 2 main CC's / and 6 sources of damage through /////. Use them in any combination, to poke from a distance or all in. Layer AOEs to maximize Template:Gw2wiki stacks. is the strongest source of Template:Gw2wiki so make sure enemies cannot escape its ring.
- Pull or push enemies onto traps/AOEs with /.
- Wait for CDs with autos and weapon skills. Camp scepter to make use of Template:Gw2sigil while burn is applied for more damage.
For an opener:
- and/or to stealth up from
- Run up undetected to enemy team.
- from stealth while standing under enemies to guarantee pulling and CCing groups.
- Kite to your previously laid traps, as majority heal comes from triggering trap and fragments from can be picked up for 5 Template:Gw2wiki which can cleanse 5 conditions if timed right.
- Pre-cast if needed for extra damage or blocking incoming attacks, or save for blast combo (cleanse, Template:Gw2wiki, Template:Gw2wiki).
- You can delay your to Template:Gw2skill anyone that has escaped and to layer the CC.
- Enter the fight late to ensure stabilities (Guardian Support ) and ports have been used so enemies cannot escape.
- If you miss or the enemy avoid the burst or survive (or revived), you will have to wait for your cooldowns.
- Pre-cast all your traps on a point if your team has secured a node, creating a death trap for the next engaging team fight. Mix up stacked trap locations to be less predictable.
- For mobility between points:
- Template:Gw2wiki will prevent capture/decap of nodes which can delay pre-trapping. It is possible to set traps without triggering by dodge-jumping during the animation without canceling the trap (needs testing!).
- This DH build only has one StunBreak from (provides decent Template:Gw2wiki) and few defensive skills with and and shield weapon abilities.
- The ring created by also functions as a condition cleanser to help against conditions. Additionally, provides cleansing every block (1s CD) making , shards, and function as condition cleanses. The light fields can also be used for condition cleanse combos.
- Power damage is mitigated mainly through Template:Gw2wiki and blocks. in particular can be countered with .
- Otherwise, you will rely on Template:Gw2wiki and Template:Gw2wiki from to kite and evade damage.
- Template:Gw2wiki lets enemies walk through your traps and CC unaffected and the build doesn't have any boon strip. You can try using Template:Gw2sigil on scepter to boon strip stability and reapply Template:Gw2skill. However, regular StunBreaks will not break out of unless it is an evading ability.
- Condition cleanses and transfers - the build lacks cover conditions for Template:Gw2wiki and can hit hard if the conditions are transferred back onto you. Use line of sight after burst to avoid condition transfers.
- Minionmancer, pets, and clones can trigger your traps and waste them entirely, as well as prevent Template:Gw2wiki. Instead, drop the traps when you need them rather than predictively. Create distance before Template:Gw2wiki so traps don't damage and Template:Gw2wiki. On the other hand, more enemies mean more procs so use it to your advantage.
- Heavy CC
- Torch can counteract these weaknesses:
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium