Dragonhunter - Spirit Burn DH
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A condition based DH build created for bursting down players with massive Burn stacks.
Archival note: made obsolete by nerfs to its damage
For the optional slot:
- - excellent Weakness and anti-projectile uptime for AoE damage mitigation, plus it's a cover condition that could make it harder for your opponents to remove Burning.
- - a stun break and mass cleanse on a somewhat long CD.
- - stun break on a much lower CD than CoP with a decent passive but weaker active.
- - this trap could squeeze even more burst damage out of the build if you can make your enemies stand in it and also has synergy with your rune.
- Shield and Focus can we swapped, some players prefer Sword/Shield and Sceper/Focus. Both setups are fine.
- - better mobility in general.
- over - you can make this switch on both sets if you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- punishes enemies for moving out of your AoEs. Does decent damage and could also be used defensively while under pressure for that instant cast Protection proc. Has good synergy with , granting you instant access to Stealth and Superspeed in case you'd need to escape enemy focus/reposition.
- Most of the damage in the build comes from the passive Burn procs of , your F1 ability.
- Your goal is to hit a target as many times as possible, as quickly as possible. More hits = more procs.
- makes your F1 proc more often and inflict AoE burning. Hitting a group of enemies not only charges your F1 faster, but one proc also deals damage to all, which means the effectiveness of the build scales up with the number of enemies you can hit. As a result the build is especially deadly in situations where enemies are balling up, for example when they are trying to revive one of their downed teammates.
- You should almost never use the active effect of as it turns off the passive and thus you lose most of your damage until it recharges.
- empowered by is the primary burst skill in the build, striking multiple times in rapid succession and inflicting Burning. The skill has multiple charges so feel free to use it often.
- makes your symbols charge your F1 faster. For burst damage, try to overlap as many symbols with as possible while cleaving with your autoattacks.
- on Scepter and your elite skill are both great at keeping enemies inside your AoEs.
- Burst combo example: ⇒ ⇒ ⇒
- The build doesn't have a lot of ways to get rid of conditions, but there are a few:
- is the one you'll be utilizing most often. It synergizes well with your F3, but also works with just about any source of blocks from Aegis to .
- , the F2 skill is your source of mass cleansing. This skill removes a total of 5 conditions with the help of .
- is a Blast finisher, which means it AoE cleanses 1 condition when used inside a symbol so always try to do that.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium