Mechanist - Rifle Mecha Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: WvW Roaming
An easy-to-play Power Mechanist WvW roamer that's built around spamming with Quickness to maintain constant pressure. Survivability is rather low - in this case the best defense is a good offense. If that doesn't work out there are several mobility skills that help with outranging enemies.
For the optional slot:
- - a versatile kit with unblockable ranged CC, a block, snare, and even some melee burst damage. Adding a kit to the build also lets you pick some great on-swap sigils like or for better survivability.
- - passive damage and a CC.
- - escape/mobility tool.
- is an equally viable choice. This turns the mech into a melee pet which makes the build harder to shut down by anti-projectile skills while the new F1 is going to apply Weakness which increases your sustain a bit.
- If you're okay with being less tanky in favor of having slightly better damage, consider replacing Knight pieces with Marauder ones.
- - bit lower burst damage but better Quickness uptime.
Air can be replaced by:
- - adds much needed condition cleansing but only when running otherwise you won't be able to proc it.
- - passive condition cleansing.
- - every boon you gain is also shared with your Mech so you get double value from this sigil, making it quite a strong option.
- - passive damage mitigation and great offensive stats.
- - defensive option with synergy due to more frequent dodging.
- or , whichever is cheaper at the moment.
- Condition cleansing is on the lower end, limited to the Mech's and your .
- Signets maintain their passives even when they are on CD, so don't hesitate to use whenever you're missing a larger chunk of HP.
- Most of the damage comes from spamming your autoattack .
- is great at creating a window where you can freely pressure targets and procs Quickness from for even more auto spam.
- Use pretty much on CD to stop enemies from reaching you or running away. The Immob is also a good setup for stonger CC skills as it prevents enemies from dodging them.
- is as much of a burst skills as it so a mobility one. Sometimes you might want to hold onto this in case you'll have to chase or disengage.
- Use on CD, no reason not to.
- is mostly there for the on-demand Quickness and Stability, but it's also a stunbreak and great against CC in general. Depending on the matchup you should consider whether you're going to use this defensively or offensively.
- is not only an excellent source of boons but also a stun break. It's one of the best defensive skills in the build.
- can pin enemies into your auto spam, but it's a very telegraphed skill so consider using it on targets already CC'd by your rifle skills.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium