Mirage - Power Shatter
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Power Mirage shatter build with exceptional burst and mobility, made to +1 fights and gank targets.
- - if you're willing to give up mobility for more damage.
- - reliable Fury access, improves consistency.
- - better cleansing.
- - for higher burst at the cost of lower health.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks for its duration: for Sword and for Greatsword. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds and can only be used once per Mirage Cloak activation.
- You can dodge while casting skill and performing actions like rezing or stomping, but not while CC'd.
- Interrupts are the most dangerous part of this build, they deal damage and send inerrupted skills in a 15s CD. A good Power Mirage won't let enemies use their healing skills even if they survive a burst.
- can be used to strip important boons such as Stability or Protection off targets before or during bursts. will primarily be used for this, but also works as a substitute for in your burst rotation when that's on cooldown. CoF deals much less damage than MW does, but it's better than nothing especially for finishing low HP enemies.
- is the best interrupt in the build because it's an instant ranged CC - if another CC can get the job done, use that and don't waste mantra charges.
- Recharging reduces the recharge of , encouraging you to use Diversion before you'd run out of mantra charges and had to recharge it.
- There are several tools for stomping downed enemies including mirage cloak, stealth, and distortion.
- Ambush attacks on the two weapons fill different roles:
- provides excellent mobility both in and out of combat, but what truly makes it powerful are the trait synergies. The daze works with a bunch of traits on Domination, most notably which increases its damage significantly. Aside from doing damage or denying them healing for 15 seconds upon a successful interrupt of a healing skill, Mirage Thrust can also be used defensively for the Weakness.
- is more of a filler. Good for ranged poking and setting up burst through Vulnerability and Might stacking.
- A defensive set that can be used for mobility both in and out of combat.
- Use the Sword ambush skill, for mobility. Wait out the movement speed increase before executing the ambush skill in order to maximize distance traveled. You can also use this skill for a minor burst combo: ⇒ ⇒ shatter.
- is mainly used as a defensive skill with a Distortion-like effect, but also offers decent cleave damage if the target has enough Vulnerability stacks.
- is a relatively powerful defensive skills because of the stealth and condition cleanse.
Optimal burst combo
Keep in mind that this is pretty much the perfect scenario, you'll often have to resort to shorter versions of this combo based on which parts are not on CD and whether the target has Stability or not.
Try to execute it as fast as you can, ideally in ~1 second. May take some practice to get it right.
- can be used for the Stealth and a bit of added damage - if you do this, then wait until the Stealth almost runs out before proceeding with the rest of the burst.
- Optional - dodge while doing your burst combo to avoid getting interrupted.
- Pre-cast , preferably in melee range in order to reduce the travel distance of the projectile and make the bounces go off faster and with better accuracy. Also to gain some extra Might stacks. This skill spawns a clone on the first hit.
- Daze your target with (Mantra skill) if possible, shortly before hits the target.
- Optional - at your target right for a bit of extra damage and a clone from , or to get rid of Aegis if the target has it.
- to shatter the clones. More damage in melee range because the caster too counts as a clone for shatter skills.
- for some extra damage.
- Optional - can be used right before or after the burst.
- Optional - Use a CC after the burst such as if the target isn't dead and tries to heal up.
Without any of the optional steps, just for clarity:
- (technically "before" Mirror Blade, as you need to use it right before the projectile hits)
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium