Soulbeast - Power Melee Stancebeast
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A burst damage focused Power Soulbeast build for PvP opting for 2 melee sets after the Sword rework.
can be replaced with:
- - better sustain.
- - makes your burst unblockable.
- Siamoth over Boar - mostly the same thing, but Siamoth offers better sustain in in exchange for less CC, and Siamoth's Forage items are also a bit more defensive by nature.
- - slightly more defensive version of Spellbreaker rune.
- - same damage boost as Fireworks but it's activated by stance skills instead of weapon/beastmode skills and cannot be maintained for extended periods of time.
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld/merge with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Pet related traits and skills such as continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- IMPORTANT: skills that affect your pet like have to be used after merging if you wish to benefit from them, already active skill effects will be lost just like when swapping pets.
- You get to revive pets in combat by melding with a dead pet and then exiting Beastmode.
- Don't trust the wording of , Beastmode F1-3 skills can also proc the damage bonus not just weapon skills.
- Use , , and to roam between capture points. These are also great tools for disengaging or chasing after targets, and the Sword skills can do a lot of damage as well.
- All 4 of these skills are also combo finishers that could be used inside Smokescale's for Stealth, covering your movements and burst attempts.
- allows you to be more flexible with your Beastmode usage by letting you swap pets while merged. With this you can adapt to situations much better.
- Boar's Beatmode ability is your primary burst skill. Hits hard, has a short cast time and a very subtle animation most people won't even notice.
- When used in Beastmode, is going to give you the Attack of Opportunity effect which increases the damage of your next attack. It's only the next strike however, doesn't cover 2 part attacks like . Consider following up with a weapon swap into either or .
- Sometimes you might want to get greedy with . While this is your last resort option against condition bursts, it's also great at keeping things like Weakness, Chill and Blind off of you. If you're chasing a low HP target and you want to secure a kill, Bear Stance could ensure that you get to deal damage without any hinderance. You could even combine it with to make yourself immune to hard CC too.
- Of course this is a bit of a gamble, if the target survives your burst you'll be left without your strongest defensive CDs so the plan might backfire.
- should always be used in . It's a really strong burst CD that also denies stealth access for enemies.
- is your other burst CD, adding extra damage to every hit you score on a target. This is best used with which delivers multiple attacks in rapid succession. Smokescale's also has great synergy with this, and you could even combine the two and use SA while Hunter's Call is active.
- You're heavily reliant on blocks, stealth, mobility and evasion to avoid damage. Stance skills are there to let you fix some mistakes. Once stance CDs have been used you should play much more carefully as you could become an easy target.
- Smokescale's is an instant defensive skill with evasion while merged.
- Condition cleansing is rather limited. is more of a last resort for when you've taken too much damage and need to survive. Under heavy pressure use the time while your healing skill is active to disengage and reset fights using Stealth and mobility skills.
- removes 1 condition when you weapon swap, you could consider using right before swapping to increase the chance of cleansing damaging conditions with it.
- is basically an extra dodge which improves your endurance regen so you can avoid even more attacks right after. Great skill when you're being pressured and need to play more defensively.
- protects against any type of pressure be it direct damage, CC or conditions.
- Every mobility skill is also a defensive skill in a way, useful for putting distance between you and your enemies. Comboing them with Smokescale's for Stealth makes you even more slippery.
- is the best defensive skill on Sword/Warhorn, dazing targets in melee and applying Weakness to them while also being a Blast finisher that could give you stealth.
- Twitch: Boyce
- Twitch: Drazeh
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium