Tempest - Alacrity Support Condi DPS
This is a rough draft. Once adequately written, it will progress to the testing stage, where it can be rated by the community. You can help by proposing changes with a comment.
Designed for: Raids
This is a build focuses on Burning and has rather high power damage for a condi build, that increases with target hitbox size.
- will be more damage than on bosses that won't stay inside the AoE for the whole duration.
- As is instant cast, it can be used without delaying the rotation. Using both and can end up reducing your boon output.
As a support, you should be willing to trade DPS to bring group utility. can be swapped out for:
- provides Aegis to allies and makes your Protection uptime permanent.
- Be aware that the magnetic aura applied by this ability can cause issues on some encounters.
- provides Stability to allies.
Either of these skills will be helpful if there is a danger of being CC'd while in the middle of your overloads.
- can be used to ignore certain mechanics that would otherwise down people.
- As you are not a healer, your allies will be left on low health after it triggers. It may be worth immediately following up with .
- This setup hits 28% boon duration without any need for concentration gear. This is sufficient to provide ~108% Alacrity uptime.
Boon duration variants
- You have a lot of options if you want more boon duration. In order from most to least efficient:
- With just the and , this will be enough boon duration for ~123% Alacrity uptime.
- or ascended alternatives
- Use in , and cast off cooldown.
- Cast off cooldown, but it is lower priority than weapon skills.
- If using , cast it in during the cast of so that the damage buff will affect the blast damage.
The gist of the rotation is to cycle between ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ , using key abilities in each attunement off cooldown until the next attunement is ready.
When you enter , use , and , then use your key abilities as they come off cooldown. When is available, use one last and switch ( should become available during the cast of - you can switch attunement without interrupting the skill).
Granting an aura to yourself (or allies) will trigger the damage buff from . Overloads, and all give you an aura, as will attuning to Fire thanks to . The buff stacks in duration, but has a 10-second limit.
- - you need to be inside your target's hitbox for the fire line to hit your target
- - for maximum damage, you will want to back away from your target during this cast
- - this target hits more if cast some distance back from your target
In , you want to cast and as soon as they are available, but as their cooldown is longer than the loop, their position will vary over time. Eventually, you will need to skip them for one loop.
- Autoattack until Overload Earth is available
- or - if Signet of Fire is available here, skip Ring of Earth
- - if you used Signet of Fire in the last step, skip Air and go straight to Fire
- during the cast of Drake's Breath
- Repeat from the start of the loop
- While in you can use ⇒ and .
- If you are really desperate, you can switch to for .
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium