Thief - Condition Preparation Roamer
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A condition Thief build for WvW. Made to set a trap at objectives controlled by your team (such as sentry points) then wait patiently in stealth to spring it on unsuspecting roamers.
Archival note: sigil stacking nerfs killed the damage
- over - this is an option only for Sylvari players. Grasping Vines has great synergy with if you can move in range and use it in your burst combo.
- Condition diversity: - this adds 2 new conditions to your arsenal, Chill and Burning. To make sure this procs, take on Trickery for the Fury and right before doing your burst combo. Ideally you'd steal on the target, but it's also fine to steal without a target just for the boons.
- Best stats:
- Budget option:
- Optimal: or
- Budget: or
- The premise of the build is simple. You want to camp a location while permanently stealthed, set up preparations, and wait for someone to walk into them. Unfortunately mounts made gimmicks like this a bit harder to pull off, but we just have to adapt to them. The ideal camping spot is a place that attracts roamers and forces them to dismount at a very specific location - such as a Sentry controlled by your realm!
- Get into combat and proc both of your Doom sigils and . Just get into combat but do NOT hit anything, then swap weapons twice and leave. These sigils have no set durations and remain active until consumed, boosting your spike damage. Major and Superior sigil of Doom can be active at the same time, while two Superiors would override each other.
- Once you've picked your spot, set up and .
- Leave the spot and hide somewhere where you can maintain vision of it. Do your permastealth rotation and wait.
- While stealthed, you're passively accumulating charges of through .
- next to a wall, preferably in a corner
- without a target to proc
- x4 while holding the right mouse button to make sure you keep facing the wall while doing the leaps
- Repeat whenever you're near the initiative cap
- Note: once you get ahead in Stealth duration, you no longer have to incorporate stealing into the rotation
- Once the target is where you want them to be, AND they've dismounted, spring the trap! Apply then activate and .
- Swap to short bow once your sigils went off to proc them again.
- to gain Fury and Might. If you are not in range, deselect the target first.
- Optional: start spamming any weapon skill to stack .
- Sometimes this is enough to get the kill, but if you want to make sure.. Reapply your preparations in the area then spam . Spring the preparations for a second burst the moment they are ready.
- Optional: should be used defensively most of the time as the build doesn't really have much else for sustain, but it could also be used in Choking Gas to stack dozens of stacks of Poison in AoE for more burst.
- Revealed - being denied stealth access is a death sentence most of the time.
- Mounted players could easily survive your burst.
- Mass condition cleansing, can't do much against it.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium