Vindicator - Devastation Greatsword
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Vindicator power build with high damage and mobility with moderate sustain and group utility. Made to teamfight and roam but has the ability to take some 1v1s.
Sword/Sword can be replaced by:
- Staff - offers a lower damage, higher sustain alternative. Use staff when the enemy has extremely high pressure or when you want more ability to take 1v1s over roaming and teamfighting.
- Short bow - better AoE pressure, adds some range to the build and is an excellent burst skill. Has 0 sustain however and offers no mobility unlike S/S. Requires the Secrets of the Obscure expansion.
- with Relic of Evasion is also a viable option for extra sustain.
- - higher burst potential.
- - frequent damage/boon corruption proc on elite skills.
- - more offensive option, but the Precision loses some value when playing with Relic of the Daredevil.
- This build's role is essentially identical to that of Power Herald; you are a dps/roamer. You want to be in large teamfights and when you can't be you should be roaming the map looking to get kills as quickly as possible. Your number one priority is getting kills.
- You get a 20% damage bonus after you have dodged so you should try to not have full endurance while you are damaging enemies.
- Begin larger fights on and use to give the focus target vulnerability through and then reapply it through . When you are ready to engage melee use or to gap close before switching to . Swapping to shiro in melee range will proc giving the enemy vulnerability and the player quickness. This can be followed up with or even by autoattacking as your autos are highly damaging.
- and are both extremely valuable but also very dangerous due to their high energy cost. As such the best time to use them is when you have your legend swap available or if you pool enough energy that you can still use your stunbreak. You can stil use these skills when these conitions aren't met (such as to secure a kill on low health enemies) but good players will know to punish your energy mismanagement.
- Generally you should be using your dodges, and as chip damage to contribute to the fight while looking for an opportunity to do a large burst with and your weapon skills.
- You can provide alot of defensive utility to your allies in teamfights through proper usage of your kurzick abilities.
- cleanses 3 conditions and gives you endurance.
- breaks stun for your allies
- provides resistance
- provides susbstantial healing
- All of these skill while providing utility are some of the most valubale skills to use for yourself, as such use them when you are not the target or in such a way to benefit you and your allies simoultaneously.
- Both stances provide you ways to plus one enemies and heavily damage them before most players can react.
- Shiro allows you to port in with phase traversal and instantly . As mentioned earlier this can be dangerous as it leaves you open to be cc'ed.
- Alliance allows you to enter a fight with before proceeding into melee.
- Before opening up your plus one always dodge first.
- Do not linger in a plus one if your duelist is healthy and the enemy is kiting well feel free to go someplace else you will be more useful.
- While Vindicator has good passive healing most of your sustain comes through chaining your blocks and evades when you are being focused.
- Your blocks are:
- if staff is taken.
- Your evades are:
- if staff is taken.
- As your dodge does not involve your character moveing you can use it inteligently to kite. Jumping while dodgeing enables you to climb kite spots while simoultaneously evading all pressure.
- While under pressure and kiting you want to use your lowest cost survivability skills first so that you can stunbreak if needed. This will be your dodges and blocks.
- You can cleanse conditions through the use of:
- if staff is taken.
- Swapping legends and using alliance tactics will both heal you and give you endurance through and
- Twitch: Boyce
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium