Berserker - Condi Macezerker
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Berserker build which combines high stacks of various conditions and CC for an all-out condition burst to make up for its low sustain.
- Off-hand Sword over Shield - trades CC and a better block for more damage.
- improves adrenaline generation and makes your blocks reflect projectiles, which opens up new and creative ways to pressure enemies. You do lose some Weakness application however which removes a cover condition from the build and decreases your sustain a little.
- - makes your Sword/Torch and burst a bit weaker but adds more defense against conditions without giving up offensive stats.
- over - only if you're playing with Exposure on the Mace set, adds back the lose cleansing.
Elite specialization mechanics
- Berserker grants Warriors acceess to , a mode during which they gain new burst skills.
- To Enter Berserker mode you must have full adrenaline (30/30). The Berserking burst skill (Mace) and (Sword) become available during this time frame, these cost 10 adrenaline (which amounts to 1 regular adrenaline bar, 1/3 of the cost of what it took to enter Berserker mode).
- and are both important adrenaline management tools. They're especially useful for getting back to full adrenaline before just before recharges so you don't have to waste time building adrenaline while Berserker is available. Even in Berserker mode they are useful, allowing you to quickly fill up the adrenaline bar for back-to-back burst combos.
- Both the initial cast and the landing strike of restore adrenaline, so try to land on top of enemies. The skill also applies useful cover conditions for burst combos and could act as a gapcloser.
- restores 5 adrenaline on weapon-swap. This is great at instantly getting that last bit of adrenaline you'd need for burst skills especially if you're having difficulty building adrenaline (like getting outranged or Blind spammed).
- Aside from most of your cleansing is tied to bigger CDs like and . Proper CD management is necessary when it comes to surviving condition pressure. Bridge the gaps in your sustain with proper use of blocks, stuns, and leaps.
- Much of the pressure comes from spamming and detonating Fire Auras using Berserker skills made possible by . Any skill related to the elite specialization could detonate Fire Auras: Rage, Torch, or Berserker-mode skills.
- Sometimes can proc the Fire Aura from King of Fires on one of its early strikes, and then detonate said aura when the skill ends. This is because crits can give you Fire Aura, and Torch skills count as Berserker skills that detonate these auras, but the trait will only check if a Berserker skill has been used once the skill has successfully finished its entire animation.
- While Mace/Shield is more defensive because of the blocks and CC, Sword can help you survive too with proper use of to leave enemies behind, especially if you jump from one ledge to another or behind a pillar/wall to deny line of sight. is also a great condi cleanse.
- CCing a target grants Stability via . This trait procs before the self-stun of , so you never have to worry about that part of the skill anymore.
- Both weapon sets could combo Fire Aura in :
- on Sword/Torch.
- on Mace/Shield.
- is a utility skill therefore works on both. It's also a Rage skill capable of detonating the aura, so using this inside a Fire field first gives you an aura and then detonates it on impact right away for burst damage.
- Entering gives you an -like effect via , turning the skill into a formidable defensive tool. Not only that but the Superspeed from could help you run away from enemies if you're being focused.
- and both have inherent defensive value as mobility skills, you could use these to quickly disengage from fights and resustain before heading back in. Being mobility skills these could also break you out of Immobilize, making it harder for enemies to pin you down.
- even has Aegis to cover your escape. Of course if you use this to run away you'll only get half the adrenaline, but that's a small price to pay for survival.
- Always factor in what other cleansing CDs are available before you'd heal with as this is your best mass cleanse. If the answer is none and you heal with no conditions on you in a condition matchup, you might get killed a few seconds later due to the lack of cleansing. Sometimes it's worth holding onto for a few extra seconds just to be safe.
- CC shouldn't be much of a problem for you with the amount of Stability access and stun breaks in the build. Deciding which stun break to use depends on the situation, for instance:
- If you're getting condi bombed then might be the clear winner.
- If the target is in melee and has no Stability you could counter-burst with .
- If you're sitting in a with 3 people on you then the damage mitigation of or is what you need.
- If it's a Power-based matchup with no need for cleansing and you can easily avoid the incoming damage with a stun break + or a dodge then could be enough while you keep for emergencies.
Burst combo examples
Using both sets
- ⇒ for Fire Aura
- Enter Berserker mode, cast while they're stunned and you have Quickness
- Weapon Swap
- for 2nd Fire Aura while Flames of War is still up
- for Fire Aura and to close the gap, also to detonate said aura upon landing
- Weapon Swap
Opener/Without Berserker mode
- hoping for a "double" proc (both an aura and an aura detonation, as mentioned above)
- for fire aura and an aura detonation upon landing
- Twitch: Keyba
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium