Berserker - Defensive Condizerker Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A hybrid/condition focused Celestial Berserker duelist build for WvW roaming.
- - great CC on short CD that could refill your entire adrenaline bar on hit.
- lets you reflect projectiles while blocking, which is quite useful against builds like Longbow Dragonhunter/Ranger, Rifle Deadeye or even mirror matchups.
- - higher burst damage in exchange for lower Confusion uptime.
There are many strong options for the Mace/Sword set when it comes to sigils:
- - extra dodge on weapon swap for more sustain.
- - causes and to steal boons from enemies.
- - helps with condition management while putting pressure on your target.
Akeem is optimal, but players without access to expansion relics should pick one of the following ones:
- - mobility is one of the weak points of the build, this is a significant mobility boost when under the effect of Swiftness, but Swiftness access in the build is limited only to the proc.
- - improves condition variety, makes it harder to cleanse your more important ones.
- - defensive relic that increases endurance regen, also has synergy with dodge related traits like .
- - great stats that fit Celestial builds perfectly while also providing 10% damage reduction.
- - a very strong defensive option which improves your endurance regen.
- Budget version: - cheaper and more than fine.
- Optimal: or , whichever is cheaper (the difference beween them is negligible, a grand total of 2 condition damage stat in favor of Tuning Icicle).
- Budget: either from Canned Food Crates found in WvW s or purchased from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Elite specialization mechanics
- Berserker grants Warriors acceess to (F2), a mode during which they gain new burst skills.
- To Enter Berserker mode you must have full adrenaline (30/30). The Berserking burst skill (Mace) and (Longbow) become available during this time frame, these cost 10 adrenaline (which amounts to 1 regular adrenaline bar, 1/3 of the cost of what it took to enter Berserker mode).
- and are both important adrenaline management tools. They're especially useful for getting back to full adrenaline before just before recharges so you don't have to waste time building adrenaline while Berserker is available. Even in Berserker mode they are useful, allowing you to quickly fill up the adrenaline bar for back-to-back burst combos.
- Both the initial cast and the landing strike of restore adrenaline, so try to land on top of enemies. The skill also applies useful cover conditions for burst combos and could act as a gapcloser.
- restores 5 adrenaline on weapon-swap. This is quite useful when you're just a little short of having enough adrenaline to use burst skills, especially if you're having difficulty building adrenaline (like getting outranged or Blind spammed).
- Much of the pressure comes from spamming and in Berserker mode as much as possible.
- Use to root people into other important skills like or AoE fields from Longbow F1.
- While Mace/Sword is more defensive because of the blocks and CC, Longbow can help you survive too with proper use of and .
- is taken for its passive.
- Use inside for a free Fire Aura whenever possible.
- The Berserker Burst skill is the only Longbow skill that isn't a projectile, you can use this to pressure targets who are using anti-projectile skills like .
- is both a CC and a source of Confusion, which means you're able to proc on hit without any previous setup.
- Both entering and leaving grant you powerful defensive buffs, making this an important part of your sustain:
- Don't hesitate to cut Berserker mode short with Eternal Champion (F2) if you're taking too much damage.
- has inherent defensive value as a mobility skill, you could use it and the Superspeed to quickly disengage from fights and resustain before heading back in. When playing with this could also break you out of Immobilize, making it harder for enemies to pin you down.
- Sundering Leap even has Aegis for covering your escape. Of course if you use this to run away you'll only get half the adrenaline, but that's a small price to pay for survival.
- It's possible to use on targets that are behind your character (for example if you're running away and getting chased):
- First you must have "Skill Retargeting" enabled under Combat Options.
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted, then start casting Pin Down.
- Turn around and face your target right before the skill goes off.
- Now select the target - should hit them.
- This is useful because you get to keep building distance during the entire windup animation and only have to face your target for a brief moment at the end. After that you can keep running away while they sit in Immobilize.
- and provide a steady stream of cleansing. On Mace your Burst skill must connect if you want Cleansing Ire to proc, but on Longbow it doesn't matter whether you hit a target or not. As soon as or touches the ground you'll be cleansed, which means Longbow has way better synergy with this trait especially under pressure as you can even use this while running away.
- Always factor in what other cleansing CDs are available before you'd heal with as this is your best mass cleanse. If the answer is none and you heal with no conditions on you in a condition matchup, you might get killed a few seconds later due to the lack of cleansing. Sometimes it's worth holding onto for a few extra seconds just to be safe.
- reflects projectiles. While its duration is short, with proper timing it could still take pressure off of you. The brief Stability could also be used to cover important casts like a .
- Dodge rolling applies Resistance. This is especially useful against builds with a lot of Blind spam, allowing you to land important skills without having to worry about the attack missing.
- Berserker - Defensive Condizerker - sPvP version of the build.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium