Chronomancer - Boon Chrono
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skillbar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
This is an excellent farm build that utilizes's Chronomancer's high DPS and Quickness uptime to buff nearby allies.
- Focus - CC and vuln / area damage
- - very strong defensive skill; stunbreak + blocks
- - AOE Stab
- - Alacrity
- - clone generation
- - higher clone generation
- + - very high DPS if you have allies also providing some Slow
This variant provides yourself with considerable boon uptime via . This will lower your overall DPS but grant you incredible amounts of Stability.
- should be taken with this variant.
For higher personal DPS, Illusions can be taken over Inspiration.
Dueling is competitive with Domination for DPS, and can be paired with Illusions for very high personal DPS at the cost of clone generation. This will affect Quickness uptime, but is the highest personal DPS option. This should also be taken if opting not to use a Greatsword.
This set uses gear similar to Chronomancer - Power Boon Support, making it ideal for general PVE
- more Diviner can be used for smoother boon upkeep; the amount used is based on personal preference, use more if you feel the need, or use less if you want higher personal DPS and have the skill to keep up quickness without it
- When going for higher personal DPS, the best option is to first replace with
- mix in some Commander's or Wanderer's gear if extra defense is needed
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties. Ascended versions of these are available and should be used when possible.
- - permanent Fury when farming trash or with a zerg
- - extreme sustain when farming trash or with a zerg
- - a huge boost to damage when farming trash or in a zerg
- , - DPS food
- , - Defense and Might
- - Lifesteal
- , , - Damage Reduction Food
- , - Damage
You generate tons of quickness with this build via several sources. We'll talk about the big ones here:
- This skill is very simple to use. Simply drop it on the group while farming for a ton of Quickness. You can use with 2 or 3 clones before this skill to effectively "Reduce" the cooldown of it. It is generally advised to only use this skill when Continuum Split is available OR if the fight is about to end.
- This skill is basically a mini Time Warp and follows basically all the same rules. Be sure to stand it it so you get more quickness.
- - Provides: Quickness
- This is your primary source of quickness and is a trait you should become intimately familiar with. It provides quickness to the closest 4 people in your subgroup; if there are no subgroup members in range, it will target squad members. If there are no squad members in range, it targets the nearest 4 people.
- - Provides: All of it
- Your bread and butter skill. We'll talk about this further down.
On top of providing Quickness to nearby allies, you also can provide nearly every boon in the game to yourself. This playstyle generally requires and , but is a ton of fun.
- - Provides: Alacrity
- A valuable well that you should try to sneak into CS if possible. If you want to provide 100% alacrity alongside your Quickness, this is required.
- Mentioned here due to how strong a stunbreak that provides Stab to allies can be. Highly recommended for most zergs.
- - Provides: Alacrity
- Alac on yourself for every clone shattered.
- Provides you with an arsenal of boons you can call upon at any moment.
You have several ways to generate clones. As a general rule, try to always shatter at 3 clones if taking . This isn't always required, especially in short fights, but will drastically boost your boon output in longer fights.
Use the following skills to generate a clone. There is no real priority here:
- Shatter at 3 clones
- (stand in damage on purpose to proc this)
- Your phantasms become a clone once they finish their attack and disappear (about 2-3 seconds after you summon them).
Unlike most open world builds, this one actually has something resembling a rotation. Our primary goal with this build is to provide allies with 100% Quickness uptime while also dealing relatively high DPS to the boss. To do this, we have to be very good about clone management.
Here is our generic opener:
To start, generate 3 clones as fast as you can. A good way to do this is:
- Weapon Swap
- It is very important that you perform this very quickly, so you can have clones spawn during the next phase.
Following this, immediately shatter your and fit as many skills as you can into it. This will change with each casting of CS, but in general the big ones to watch out for are:
- Any phantasm
During this phase, you will have three clones spawn from the three phantasms you spawned moments ago. When you see three clones on your bar, shatter , followed by and . Be very careful not to shatter as CS ends, as you may throw your skill on cooldown.
The final stage of the opener is simple. Because of the CS reset, you will have again, so you can decide to drop this now if the fight is short or hold onto it for your next CS.
- will still be active for a few seconds after your CS ends, so wait for it to end while generating clones. Fill with damage skills.
- A few moments after it ends, shatter with 3 clones, followed immediately by . Around this time you will need to swap back to Greatsword for more clones, and your will be up.
- When the quickness on your bar reaches about half duration, use .
This opener will grant quickness for quite a while and a lot of open world bosses will be dead in this time.
- For those that aren't, simply continue to generate clones and shatter them.
- Prioritize when shattering, and try not to shatter with less than 3 clones unless it's a short fight.
- Use any time your personal quickness drops to around half.
When is up again, repeat the opener.
Your damage priority is as follows:
- Try not to interrupt your AA chain. You will lose considerable DPS doing so.
Use often. Generally, you want to Summon a Phantasm, weapon swap, Summon your other Phantasm, hit , then re-summon that Phantasm again.