Chronomancer - Phantasmal Duelist
Power Chronomancer is a powerful solo build with great boon uptime and damage. It has access to plentiful utility, including evades and blocks, making it a great solo build. This build has a high skill floor, which can be off-putting for some, but investing time into learning it can be very rewarding as its potential is some of the highest in the game.
This build revolves around spamming Phantasm skills to both do damage and gain boons. Namely, permanent Fury, Quickness, and 21~ Might, with 0 boon duration, thanks to the Illusions trait line.
You can replace the focus with other weapons:
- Greatsword - range and tagging potential with about the same damage as focus. But you lose access to the extremely helpful pull of focus' .
- Shield - allows you to block, twice if you do block at least one attack.
- Pistol - deals its damage faster than focus, but less damage overall. Useful in very short fights. Stun instead of pull.
If you want/need to use other skills, replace Mantra of Pain. Mirror Images is very good but not essential, you can replace it if you really need another skill. Phantasmal Disenchanter is key to the build as a source of damage and boons through traits.
- - very strong defensive utility that provides Aegis per pulse and stunbreaks on cast.
- - condition cleanse for yourself and nearby allies.
- - projectile reflection.
- - mobility + stunbreak.
- - personal stunbreak and AoE stability.
- - defensive option with some CC.
- - niche option to provide 6 seconds of quickness to nearby allies if you need to burst something very fast. Also deals a little bit of CC through conditions. However, the cooldown is absurdly long for what the skill does.
- - slightly less cc than Gravity Well but it happens immediately if you need to break a defiance bar really fast.
- - extremely minor dps gain if you don't need the extra CC of Slow from Delayed Reactions.
- - group Quickness uptime at a cost of personal DPS and boons. Never use this when solo.
- Note that your only source of Alacrity towards is . Despite this, it ends up being always better than , which relies on Slow, the rarest conditions in the game.
Domination can be taken over Illusions if you are playing in a group providing you permanent Quickness and Might.
- - for higher clone generation if using greatsword
This build uses the same gear as Build:Chronomancer_-_Power_DPS for raids for ease of gearing. Infusions are completely optional.
- This set provides 100% critical chance with Fury and food. Or 96.71% without food.
- - budget DPS sigil, replaces Impact.
- - very strong defensive sigil.
- Do not use because Phantasms and Clones do not gain the extra critical chance.
- Ascended power food is the best option, but really not needed for open world.
- - magic find and extra gold for farming
- / - ascended dps food
- - dps
- Oysters with Coktail Sauce / - affordable dps food, perfect for open world
- Minotaur Steak / Griffon Egg Omelet - budget options.
- / / - magic find for farming
- - dps
is the profession mechanic of the chronomancer specialization that allows a player to "rewind" time. Specifically, it tracks the chronomancer's position, health, endurance, and skill recharges, and returns the chronomancer to that point at the end of the split. As this is a Shatter, it will consume active clones, with the duration of the split increasing with each clone shattered.
This extremely powerful skill is used to spam your Phantasms four times in a row.
- Generate 3 clones with and .
- Cast your phantasm skills while entering Continuum Split.
- Reset your Phantasm skills with .
- Cast your Phantasm skills again.
- Continuum Split ends.
- Cast your Phantasm skills.
- Reset your Phantasm skills with Signet of the Ether
- Cast your Phantasm skills again.
Use your elite skill inside the Split. Due to its low cooldown, you can use it again after the Split. If using the niche skill , note that its cooldown is longer than Continuum Split but, since you're only ever using this very niche skill for burst, you should use it both inside and outside the split to help nearby allies burst something down fast.
The following is a general priority of which skill to use.
- when you have 2 charges of Power Spike. You can use the 2nd charge if the enemy is about to die.
- with 3 clones.
- Fill with auto-attacks; try not to interrupt them as the last attack, , deals a lot of damage.
The majority of your damage comes from casting your phantasms then using Signet of the Ether to reset their cooldown and casting them again.
Against durable enemies like meta event bosses, try to start the fight with this rotation:
Start on Sword/Focus.
- Weapon swap
- - enter near the end of the cast of this skill.
- and manually end Continuum Split with .
- Weapon swap
- Proceed to Loop rotation
- This might look long and complicated, but it's simply using phantasms twice thanks to your heal skill, then doing it again because you used Continuum Split.
- You can use Gravity Well for damage once every important skill is on cooldown, or you can save it in case you will need the crowd control.
- You actually only need a 2-clone-Continuum-Split to do this rotation. alone is enough, but a 3-clone-Continuum-Split with is safer in case you're a bit slow.
The loop is very simple and revolves around your phantasm skills. Fill the gaps with and auto attacks but never interrupt the chain as the damage is heavily loaded into .
- Weapon swap - if you have alacrity you can squish a second Blurry Frenzy before weapon swap
- Weapon swap
- Mastering of this skill priority will provide you with permanent quickness, permanent fury, an average of 21 stacks of might, and about 31% of alacrity uptime.
- dodges incoming attacks for up to 1 second depending on quickness. Use this to avoid attacks instead of dodging.
- is a block.
- If you need condition cleanse, slot .
- Let your clones and phantasms tank for you when needed.
- - knockdown, float and pull.
- ⇒ - daze.
- ⇒ - pull.
- - daze.
- - minor CC through Slow and Chill.
- You can use any of the above in to get a free cast of the skill without it going on cooldown.
Please note the gear and traits shown in these videos are not updated. Use the gear and traits recommened in this guide.
Phantasmal Defender helps cc the boss. It is possible to squeeze Defender inside the Continuum Split rotation, but the timing is very tight, I was unable to in this example. Shield helps blocking this boss' dangerous attacks and has nice CC. Thanks to shield 4, sword 4, sword 2, and normal evades, the boss only hit me with one attack, which was not worth evading because I was in the middle of spamming my phantasms and was going to use my heal skill shortly after anyway.
Feedback makes the archers shoot themselves to death. The boss has a devastating melee dagger combo which is why I'm always hanging back, letting my illusions tank, and only engage in melee when the boss is using the bow or is stunned.
Portal is used to teleport away from the arena-wide wipe attack at 50% since the boss' breakbar had bugged. Otherwise, Bouncing Mushrooms can also take us to safety.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium