Chronomancer - Phantasmal Duelist
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
Power Chronomancer is a strong roaming build which features great damage and defense through its many blocks. The build can be harder to play than other similar builds but, when played well, can be an extremely strong option for solo play, chain farming, and even open world zergs in the right situations.
- Greatsword - Strongest ranged option
- Shield - Offhand that provides a block
- Torch - use for invisibility
- Healing Skills
- - useful against mobs with especially strong projectiles.
- Utility Skills
- - if more condition cleanse is needed.
- - if having trouble with projectiles or when tagging in a zerg
- - powerful mobility skill and stun break.
- - if you need multiple successive stun breaks.
- - great source of slow and quickness
- - defensive option with good cc
- Elite Skills
- - Good for packing weaker mobs.
- - run with in short fights for higher burst
- - run in groups for a large DPS increase
- - more clone generation at a large cost of damage
- - Can increase group quickness uptime at a cost of personal DPS
If running a greatsword it can be beneficial for clone generation and burst damage to replace Illusions with Domination. This will result in an overall loss in DPS in longer fights, but provides higher burst for short fights and can help with clone generation due to .
- - for higher clone generation
For higher sustain at a dramatic cost of damage, Inspiration can be taken over Illusions. This provides significant condition cleanse and moderate passive healing, especially if combined with . This variant should only be taken in extreme circumstances, as typically provides plenty of cleanse.
Like the Inspiration variant above, this option provides some defense but at a large cost in damage, as it replaces Illusions. This option can be taken to provide very high Stability uptime along with moderate damage reduction and a small amount of healing. This variant should only be taken in extreme circumstances, as and are often more than sufficient to cover stuns.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- Feel free to use Exotic Berserker (Zhed's / Ruby Orichalcum) instead.
Sometimes certain equipment switches can change a playstyle significantly.
- Marauder - trades some damage for a large boost to HP; careful not to overcap crit chance, consider if using this
- Diviner - higher boon duration; this can be mixed in for smoother quickness uptime that is less reliant on clone management
- Commander's - defensive version of Diviner , can be mixed for a bit of toughness.
- Berserker's , Assassin's - slight gain in DPS at the cost of a lot of health
- , - competitive with but lowers Quickness and Fury duration
- , , - strong boon duration defensive options
- - alternative to
- - budget DPS sigil
- - Use on a Greatsword to aide in Tagging in zergs.
- , - condition cleanse
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
Continuum Split and Time Warp
is an especially powerful skill unique to the Chronomancer Specialization that allows a player to "rewind" time. Specifically, it marks a point in time that tracks a player's health, endurance, and skill recharges. As this is a Shatter, it will consume active clones. The duration of Continuum Split increases with each clone shattered.
When solo, this skill should typically be used to artificially reduce the cooldown of . To do this:
- Generate 3 clones quickly.
- Use big skills, like , , , and . Be careful; ensure there is enough time left to cast Time Warp.
- Use just before reverts.
This will revert Time Warp's cooldown and allow it to be used again immediately. In most cases, it is fine to use it again as soon as the first one ends. However, in especially long fights, such as the Chak Gerent, it is typically best to hold onto the cooldown until is back up.
The skill priority is fluid and depends on current clone numbers. If lacking clones, clone generation is more important than damage in general.
- - use this only at 3 clones
- - use directly after
- Fill with auto-attacks; try not to interrupt them.
This sigil provides significant quickness uptime but has a 20 second cooldown. As such, it is important to reserve certain skills to proc it when available.
- is a daze with a long cooldown; this can be shattered at 0 clones
- ⇒ provides area CC and will proc Celerity
- dazes provided a block is triggered
- if using greatsword
- if using pistol; due to alacrity generation this skill can proc Celerity on its own off cooldown.
- if using shield; this skill also grants some quickness itself, though its cooldown is very long so it must be paired with or .
- There are many utilities which can proc Celerity off cooldown, though losing any of the utilities above will result in a net loss of DPS.
- provides total invulnerability for up to 1 second depending on quickness. Use this to avoid attacks instead of dodging.
- is a block.
- If you're going to take a lot of unavoidable damage, you can before taking damage and then to rewind your health (effectively healing for the entire amount of the damage).
- For more sustain you can trait Inspiration and shatter liberally for heals and condition cleanse.
- If you need even more condition cleanse, slot .
- You can use any of the above in to get a free cast of the skill without it going on cooldown.