Chronomancer - Phantasmal Duelist
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Power Chronomancer is a powerful solo build with good boon uptime and great damage. It has access to plentiful utility, including evades and blocks, making it a great solo build. This build has a high skill floor, which can be off-putting for some, but investing time into learning it can be very rewarding as its potential is some of the highest in the game.
This build revolves around spamming Phantasm skills to both do damage and gain boons, including permanent quickness with 0 boon duration, thanks to the Illusions trait line.
You can replace the focus with other weapons:
- Greatsword - Strongest ranged option
- Shield - allows you to block
- Torch - access to stealth
- Pistol - higher burst but less utility
- - projectile hate but massive loss of damage and boons.
- - very strong defensive utility that provides blocks and a stunbreak.
- - condition cleanse for yourself and nearby allies.
- - projectile reflection.
- - mobility + stunbreak.
- - personal stunbreak and AoE stability.
- - defensive option with some CC.
- - sustained damage when no other utility skill is needed.
- - mob packing and great but delayed cc
- - slightly less cc than Gravity Well but it happens inmediatly if you need to break a defiance bar really fast.
- - group quickness uptime at a cost of personal DPS.
- - strong option in very long fights if you have external Alacrity application.
Domination can be taken over Illusions to increase your burst damage, but this results in a very large DPS loss in longer fights since you lose your source of boons.
- - for higher clone generation if using greatsword
Inspiration provides sustain, but is a massive damage loss. You'll have significant condition cleanse and mild passive healing, especially if combined with . This variant should only be taken in extreme circumstances, as typically provides plenty of cleanse.
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This exact same gear set is the best in slot for open world AND raids/fractals if you do not have nor , making it ideal for PvE content.
This gear set will provide you wit 62.52% crit chance, and you can then use food with precision to reach 65% crit chance. Your sources of Slow (, , , and ) will allow and Fury to provide you 100% crit chance for the highest damage.
- If you have and , you can instead use and Assassin leggings for slightly more damage while still reaching 100% crit chance.
- To sacrifice damage for defense, you can slot some Knight or Marauder.
- - budget DPS sigil.
- - Use on a Greatsword to aide in Tagging in zergs.
- - very strong defensive sigil.
- Do not use because Phantasms and Clones do not gain the extra crit chance.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
Continuum Split and Time Warp
is the profession mechanic of the chronomancer specialization that allows a player to "rewind" time. Specifically, it tracks the chronomancer's position, health, endurance, and skill recharges, and returns the chronomancer to that point at the end of the split. As this is a Shatter, it will consume active clones, with the duration of the split increasing with each clone shattered.
This extremely powerful skill is used to spam your phantasms and sourcess of quickness.
- Generate 3 clones with and .
- Use and Shatter near the end of the cast time of Time Warp.
- Use your phantasm skills.
- Reset your Phantasm skills with .
- Cast your Phantasm skills again.
Thus, when the split ends, the phantasms you used, Signet of the Ether, and Time Warp, will be off cooldown. Since Time Warp has a longer cooldown than Continuum Split, and even more so when using Illusions with its minor trait , it is recomended to only use Time Warp during Continuum Split.
The following is a general priority of which skill to use.
- with 3 clones.
- Fill with auto-attacks; try not to interrupt them as the last attack, , deals a lot of damage.
The majority of your damage comes from casting your phantasms then using Signet of the Ether to reset their cooldown and cast them again.
Against durable enemies like meta event bosses, try to start the fight with this rotation:
Start on Sword/Focus.
- Weapon swap
- - enter near the end of the cast of this skill.
- - should end during this cast.
- Weapon swap
- Proceed to Loop rotation
The loop is very simple and revolves aroud your phantasm skills. Fill the gaps with and auto attacks but never interrupt the chain as the damage is heavily loaded into .
- Weapon swap - if you have alacrity you can squish a second Blurry Frenzy before weapon swap
- Weapon swap
- Mastering of this skill priority will provide you with permanent quickness, permanent fury, an average of 20 stacks of might, and about 40% of alacrity uptime.
- If Slow uptime is low, you can use inside your Continuum Split.
- dodges incoming attacks for up to 1 second depending on quickness. Use this to avoid attacks instead of dodging.
- is a block.
- If you're going to take a lot of unavoidable damage, you can before taking damage and then to rewind your health (effectively healing for the entire amount of the damage). Just make sure the rift left by Continuum Split is not destroyed, or you will not revert back in time.
- For more sustain you can trait Inspiration and shatter liberally for heals and condition cleanse.
- If you need even more condition cleanse, slot .
- You can use any of the above in to get a free cast of the skill without it going on cooldown.
Using shield offhand to block the chak's goo spray attack, which otherwise requires 2 dodges to fully evade.
Here, Feedback is used to make the Itzel archers shoot themselves to death. Care is taken not to be in melee range of the boss during its deadly dagger combo, and Feedback reflects its bow stealth attack.
Portal is used to teleport away from the arena-wide wipe attack at 50% since the boss' breakbar had bugged. Otherwise, Bouncing Mushrooms can also take us to safety.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade