Daredevil - Boon Support Condi DPS
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: Raids
Condi variant of Daredevil - Boon Daredevil. This raid build provides 100% uptime on Might, Quickness, Fury, Protection, Regeneration, Vigor, Resolution and very high uptimes on Stability, Aegis and Resistance.
Boon Daredevil only functions on bosses that provide Detonate Plasma. Compared to power, this build provides more DPS, but due to its high ramp-up time it's best used on raid bosses with no phases.
Thus, it is likely you will only run it at Matthias Gabrel or Mursaat Overseer.
Always keep as it is a significant portion of your damage. If you need to replace skills, replace .
- for a block and stun break.
- for extra mobility and stun break.
- Use for higher break bar damage on fights with no adds.
- Use for fights that do not have break bars.
- can be swapped for a for more reliable boon uptimes. You could also use as a budget option for a minor DPS loss.
- Pistol is only taken to provide additional CC at Matthias.
- Celestial stats can be taken instead of Ritualist stats for a small loss of efficiency if you have greater access to it, as ritualist trinkets especially can be difficult to come by without legendaries. Note: Celestial gear will increase your toughness, but as this build is mostly viable at bosses without toughness tanking, it is largely a non-issue.
- , or
Your goal is to maintain and ~11 stacks of while using your high-damage utility skills.
- during the cast of
- Detonate Plasma
- Use venoms during the dodge animation
- Detonate Plasma (if available)
- Auto Attack chain
- Repeat from step 10
- Use enoms, and when they are off cooldown.
- Use before or after any auto-attack chain when you are out of endurance.
- If you are inside the boss's hitbox and there are other enemies nearby, will deal up to triple damage to the boss.
- Be careful not to cancel the auto attack chain as deals more damage than and combined.
- off cooldown to maintain initiative, endurance, and Detonate Plasma.
- Every other time you , one of your utility cooldowns will reset thanks to . The ICD is slightly longer than the cooldown on , but it isn't worth delaying for the cooldown reset.
- You should use while you do not have enough endurance to dodge.
- You should only use venoms while four other allies are in range. This includes Mesmer clones, Necromancer minions, and Ranger pets.
When more CC is required, swap to pistol and spam . Just autoattack (while using and utility skills off cooldown) until you can switch back to dagger/dagger, dodge if you reach full endurance, and use if you reach full initiative. Once you switch back to dagger/dagger, restart the rotation from step 5.
Encounter Specific Tips
- This encounter can be quite disruptive. It is recommended to start the encounter and from Matthias, then /gg so that you can begin by using Detonate Plasma four times in quick succession (make sure to delay your until you've used the first two.
- When the timed bomb mechanic begins, try to only use Detonate Plasma when the group has stacked back up.
- As the boss nears 40%, make sure you have a charge of Detonate Plasma ready to use at the phase transition to prevent the Fear.
For more information, see our Matthias Gabrel Guide.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium