Daredevil - Boon Support Power DPS
Welcome to the Builds Archive. See the ones that gathered dust, were orphaned by their original writers, or became obsolete by balance patches. We keep the orphan builds together and salute the veteran builds that held a position in the good, great, or meta categories. Click here to view current builds.
Designed for: Raids
Boon Daredevil is an insanely strong boon support that can provide 100% uptime on Might, Quickness, Fury, Protection, Regeneration, Vigor, Resolution and very high uptimes on Stability, Aegis, Resistance. This means Boon Daredevil can upkeep almost every boon in the game, except Alacrity; making most other supports redundant. Boon daredevil also deals much more DPS than Boon Thief, at the cost of being less forgiving to maintain boon upkeep.
However, it is extremely important to note that Boon Daredevil only works on encounters where a thief can reliably get the Stolen Skill Detonate Plasma. These encounters are as follows:
- Matthias Gabrel
- Mursaat Overseer
- Cardinal Adina
- Statues of Grenth
- And Keep Construct, to some extent.
- for a relatively weak but continuous healing effect; good if you do not plan on using your heal skill.
- can be used instead of to function as source of blind and projectile destruction; mainly useful on Matthias and Cardinal Adina.
- can be used instead of wherever CC is needed.
- and/or can be taken for higher boon uptimes, particularly where the boss is invulnerable for long periods, preventing new Detonate Plasmas from being stolen.
- can be taken for more survivability. Should also be used if no physical skills are being taken.
- In fights with minimal disruptions, you can switch shoulders, gloves and boots to Berserker stats. Be sure that you won't drop quickness though.
- With and 9 Mystical Infusions you can hit 99.87% boon duration.
- is extremely strong if you maintain over 90% health.
- for a cheap tradable alternative.
- for more boon duration.
The main role of a Boon Thief is to provide almost every boon at extremely high uptimes. This is done by using on the bosses where Detonate Plasma can be acquired.
2 staves are taken to optimize DPS. Detonate Plasma can be used while on your boon duration staff, then swap to your berserker staff to DPS. It is recommended to have different skins on these staves so you can keep track of them easily. If swapping weapons is too much to keep track of, you can just play with the concentration staff at the cost of some DPS.
Encounter Specific Tips
- Use to block the shards from Matthias' vault attack.
- Make sure your teammates are within range of your Detonate Plasma.
- Save Detonate Plasma to use after the sacrifice is freed to quickly reapply boons to them.
- Try to save a charge of Detonate Plasma close to 40% health so that you can give your group Stability
- Critical Strikes is recommended here due to the steal cooldown reduction not being required.
- Make sure to steal Detonate Plasma before entering the split phase.
- Trickery may be required for steal cooldown reduction if your phase times are too fast.
- If the group is spreading out on split phase, have them stay together for boons before splitting up.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium