Daredevil - Power DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Direct damage
The power DPS raid build for Daredevil. This is an easy to play build that mostly dodges and autoattacks for high multi-target damage. Due to evading for most of its rotation, it can easily avoid boss attacks. It also has very high mobility, and provides high utility to its squad with , Stealth and various raid boss stolen skills.
- Dual pistols are a good option to switch to if you ever find yourself losing melee uptime for extended periods of time, such as if the boss is animation locked out of range. Good examples of this happening are Deimos during Mind Crush, Dhuum during Greater Death Mark, and Samarog immediately after split phase. Also very useful on Xera for shards.
- Offhand Pistol in particular is a useful source of extra CC via and for - a smoke field that can be blasted for AoE stealth.
- Shortbow can be used for mobility such as getting to green circles on Dhuum, and for various skips in fractals.
- for a relatively weak but continuous healing effect. Good if you do not plan on using your heal skill.
- if you need an extra evade, or for fights that have a lot of movement impairing conditions.
- if you need dodges more than damage.
You can swap for any useful utility, such as:
- for extra CC.
- for projectile defence.
- for niche situations such as Qadim.
- offers some self-quickness in groups where the supports aren't doing their job.
- for AoE stealth.
- can be used to teleport to locations quickly.
Be aware that removing lowers your endurance gain, which in turn will mean you have to modify your rotation slightly (see below for more details).
- for breakbar damage during encounters where gets wasted on adds.
- for extra burst damage.
- offers projectile reflect and a three second evade that you can move during.
- Use on encounters where you steal Throw Magnetic Bomb - this is a DPS loss, but not a huge one and could be worth it if the pull will be helpful.
- Use if you're having trouble surviving. This is a ~10% DPS loss.
- Use for more survivability when not using .
- Use if you need extra condition cleanses when not using .
- Use for mobility between encounters.
- If you do not have stat infusions, swap one accessory to Assassin stats.
- If you regularly swap between using or not, a much simpler gear setup involves using full Berserker stats gear (and full Mighty infusions) and an Assassin stats Amulet. Swap it to Berserker stats if taking .
- Otherwise, you want to aim for ~2008 precision if not using .
- If you'd prefer a simpler rotation, you can run full Berserker stats and instead of .
- Your second weapon set is situational.
- Dual pistols for ranged damage.
- A second staff with if you are unable to flank.
- A shortbow for mobility.
- or ascended versions
The Daredevil rotation consists of two major parts: the signet burst, and the looping rotation. You open with the signet burst, then repeat the looping rotation until is available for your next signet burst.
The idea of the signet burst is to deal as much damage as possible with , and while under the effects of the active cast and . The looping rotation deals consistent damage by maintaining and while allowing your initiative to slowly recharge. This allows you to perform the next signet burst with max initiative.
Impairing Daggers Rotation
- (if you have enough initiative)
- ⇒ ⇒ x2
In between your signet burst, and will come off cooldown. This means you can delay your second burst to get a smaller burst in:
- ⇒ ⇒ x2
- Repeat your auto-attack chain until your next dodge is up
- If using , prepare the skill off cooldown (when you're not bursting), and trigger it during your burst.
- Use your signet burst again when comes off cooldown.
- If is about to come off cooldown but you will only have half a bar of endurance or less when it does, use to immediately get endurance to perform the signet burst. In this case, use a Dodge at step 8 instead of .
- If the boss is about to phase, feel free to spam to get some extra damage in (while maintaining ).
- Try to dodge off cooldown, keeping no dodge bars left, to maximize uptime.
- Be careful not to leave yourself without enough endurance to dodge major attacks - downstate is the biggest DPS loss of them all! You can leave one emergency dodge bar up for a ~5% dps loss while getting accustomed to the build.
- Generally you should avoid interrupting your autochain when possible, as the third skill does a lot of damage. If you get a dodge bar mid-chain, you can dodge and then finish the chain after you land, before using .
- When it comes to fighting actual bosses where positioning matters, you may have to manage where your dodge ends so that you aren't forced into a bad spot.
- For example, if you dodge through Artsariiv, you will be in a purple damaging AoE. Here you would have to dodge to the side or stand at the side of her so dodging through her will land you on the other side of her which is safe.
- On other stationary bosses you might want to rotate your camera 180° every single time you dodge through them, so you maintain flanking by dodging on either side of the boss. For these cases you may want to walk back slightly while autoattacking so that you don't miss the damage from your dodge or end up being at an awkward distance from the boss (especially if the boss moves occasionally).
- animation locks you, and it cannot be canceled with a dodge or weapon stow (this is why is delayed - to allow for the potential dodge at step 8). Be sure to watch boss mechanics so that you are not hit while animation locked - you can delay during the looping rotation, or switch it with , if you anticipate that you need to move or jump a mechanic.
- You can use or as evades if you're out of dodges.
- Use with nearby allies to break defiance bars.
- can be used to blast for Might or Stealth - particularly useful in dungeons or fractals. Make sure not to double tap it as only the first skill counts as a blast finisher.
- can be used to skip parts of certain fractals such as the lasers in Aetherblade and the scaffolding in Cliffside.
Thief's unique support in groups is long-lasting group-wide Stealth, which lets you run past trash without having to fight it. This lets you skip large sections of dungeons and certain fractals.
- should be used as the primary smoke field due to lack of cooldown. Have party members chain blasts in this field with you, while you blast it with . The smoke field only lasts 4s so you need help from your party in order to stack a significant amount of stealth.
- Use in less organised groups since it gives a longer stealth field for easier blasting.
- gives a large amount of area stealth without needing to use blast finishers. This skill is useful when stealthing next to or on top of mobs since most blast finishers deal damage and thus break stealth. It can also be used to reapply stealth in the middle of a skip. When possible retrait for Shadow Arts before using it to get the benefit of and the cooldown reduction of .
- gives 3s of stealth, is a blast finisher, and causes no damage making it very useful if you have to cover a long distance. It is often used in combination with Black Powder.
Once you trigger certain mob groups while being in stealth they will follow you unless you "path" them. This is done by standing still until the Mobs reach you.
After stealthing with your group you can use a lot of skills to skip ahead of your group to trigger bosses/events faster to save time. This requires you to be able to retrait fast for full efficiency but isn't needed.
You should retrait to for extreme mobility. You should also trait Shadow Arts to reduce the cooldowns of Deception skills and get longer stealth from your skills.
- Use to port to mobs (only with traited Shadow Arts otherwise you get revealed/in combat due to ).
- Use to blink up ledges and for additional mobility.
- Use and/or to teleport to mobs (should be used out of range to not hit the mob).
- Use and/or Steal Traited with to gain stealth to not aggro mobs.
Encounter Specific Tips
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact, which can be used to save downs or recover from getting ported by blue circles.
- If your team needs you to cover green circles, use .
For more information, see our Vale Guardian Guide.
- Consider equipping a shortbow, , and/or using .
For more information, see our Spirit Woods Guide.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact, which can be used to shadowstep between adds during the split phase.
- Be careful using while the breakbar is active to not get killed by Gorseval's Retaliation.
- You can take to continue doing your rotation more comfortably during Gorseval's Retaliation.
For more information, see our Gorseval Guide.
- You can use for blocking projectiles and extra blinds.
- Consider equipping Sword/Pistol to gain access to for AoE blinds.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact, which can be used to shadowstep to the launch pads or move downed players out of the way of the flamewall.
- The stolen skill from the split phase champions is Throw Magnetic Bomb which is a DPS increase.
- If you are clearing cannons, or are a backup, you can use Unstable Artifact or to reach the platforms faster.
For more information, see our Sabetha Guide.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Soul Stone Venom, which can be used to cleanse Slothasor's fear or if people get a lot of condis from the shake.
- You can bring to break Slothasor's fear, and to block its high damaging attacks.
- When fixated try not to move through the boss.
For more information, see our Slothasor Guide.
- The stolen skill from the champions is Throw Magnetic Bomb, which can be used to do mortars and group up enemies.
- If you are doing mortars, use , , and Dagger/Pistol as your second weapon set. For the triple mortar spawn, you can use on the first target, on the second, and on the third. If you miss any of those skills, swap to Dagger/Pistol and use .
For more information, see our Bandit Trio Guide.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Detonate Plasma, which can be used to supplement boons and provide Stability during the Ice phase or prevent the Fear at the 40% phase transition.
- You can use for mobility around the room.
- will work on the breakbar but can be wasted by squadmates on Matthias or the ice patches. You can choose to run instead.
- You can activate (if using) to stun break the rain phase knockdown.
For more information, see our Bandit Trio Guide.
Stronghold of the Faithful
- The stolen skill from McLeod is Detonate Plasma, which can be used to supplement boons.
- If you are going on the towers, consider equipping a Short bow to traverse the cave easier.
- Use for blocking projectiles, extra blinds, and AoE stealth.
- You can use to hit up to five targets at once.
For more information, see our Siege the Stronghold Guide.
- The stolen skill from Keep Construct is Unstable Artifact, which can be used for mobility when you get bombs. The stolen skill from the phantasms is Detonate Plasma. The latter can be used to provide your squad boons at the beginning of each burst phase.
- If you are pushing the core, you should equip for the sustained healing.
For more information, see our Keep Construct Guide.
- The Twisted Castle is mostly movement based. Consider equipping a shortbow and/or using .
- You can use to hit up to five targets at once.
For more information, see our Twisted Castle Guide.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Soul Stone Venom, which can be used as an emergency cleanse.
- If pulls and/or cleave are bad, you could use for blocking projectiles, and extra blinds against Xera's minions.
For more information, see our Xera Guide.
Bastion of the Penitent
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact, which can be used to shadowstep downed allies towards you, recover from being teleported, or move into greens at the last moment so you can maintain DPS for longer.
- Note that the third part of your autoattack chain is a projectile reflect! Be careful not to reflect any of Cairn's projectiles. Cairn's projectiles only spawn at the edge of the circle drawn around him on the platform, so if you are stacked very closely on Cairn, you can avoid reflecting projectiles.
For more information, see our Cairn Guide.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Detonate Plasma, which can be used to provide your squad with boons.
- Be careful when dodging that you do not end up in spikes.
For more information, see our Mursaat Overseer Guide.
- The stolen skill from Samarog and Guldhem is Throw Magnetic Bomb. This can be both a DPS increase and used to help break the frequent breakbars.
- Use to help break Samarog's breakbars.
- Use your dual pistols at the start of the 3rd phase to deal damage to Samarog while he does his long animations outside of the arena.
For more information, see our Samarog Guide.
- The stolen skill from Deimos is Unstable Artifact, which can be used to help immobilize prides. The stolen skill from the Sauls is Throw Magnetic Bomb, which can be used to help with their breakbars, cleave prides and greeds or a DPS increase.
- Since you may not have dodges available, be careful that you do not get launched by Deimos's attacks. You can choose to keep an extra dodge bar for these, delay your dodge to align with them, or use as an emergency dodge.
- Dual pistols can be useful to maintain DPS on Deimos while running to the ward or while he is stuck inside of oils.
For more information, see our Deimos Guide.
Hall of Chains
- The stolen skill from this boss is Soul Stone Venom, which can be used to recover from the extreme boon corruption from scythes or tormented dead AoEs.
For more information, see our Soulless Horror Guide.
- The stolen skill from this boss is Unstable Artifact, which can be a lifesaver by porting downed players to yourself, or used for mobility, e.g. during Soul Split or to get to a green if you need to do them.
- , when used, cleanses 3 conditions from yourself and allies and refills endurance. Be sure to use it if conditions are not being cleansed after each Greater Death Mark.
- Dual pistols can be used to hit Dhuum during the Greater Death Mark.
For more information, see our Dhuum Guide.
- Conjured Amalgamate itself does not have a stolen skill, however its adds do. Conjured Swords give Unstable Artifact and Conjured Shields give Throw Magnetic Bomb. The latter in particular is extremely useful for CCing and cleaving down Conjured Shields as well as being a DPS increase during the burst phases.
- Use to cleave down Conjured Swords and Conjured Shields if needed.
For more information, see our Conjured Amalgamate Guide.
- The stolen skill from Nikare is Soul Stone Venom, and the stolen skill from Kenut is Detonate Plasma.
- A CC elite will be useful as the bosses cannot be damaged until they are broken. Closing to melee for might be dangerous though.
For more information, see our Largos Assassins Guide.
- It is highly recommended to bring a second staff with for when you are unable to flank Qadim.
- Take instead of . Being able to use stolen skills twice here is extremely powerful.
- The stolen skill from the Pyres, Ancient Invoked Hydra, and Wyvern Matriarch is Detonate Plasma. The stolen skill from Qadim, Apocalypse Bringer, and Wyvern Patriarch is Throw Magnetic Bomb.
- Steal from the pyres before every DPS phase to give your squad boons immediately with Detonate Plasma. Since you can use them twice, use it once for the pyre group and once on Qadim.
- Use Throw Magnetic Bomb to cleave the Lava Elementals and help break the frequent breakbars. If you are doing the Lamp, save at least one cast for the second and third lamps each. At the 100%-66% DPS phase, save at least one cast to help CC the Apocalypse Bringer. Once it appears, use it once, and if steal is off cooldown, steal again and it use to help break the three Reapers of Flesh that spawn.
- You can precast Basilisk Venom before the Apocalypse Bringer appears.
- should be able to one-shot groups of unprotected Lava Elementals if needed.
- If going into the lamp, save one Throw Magnetic Bomb for both the second and third lamps. Use one one the Moas in the second lamp, and use one on the Dredge in the third lamp. Use on the Giants in the third lamp to blind them as they do a significant amount of damage otherwise.
For more information, see our Qadim Guide.
The Key of Ahdashim
- The stolen skill from the boss is Detonate Plasma, which can be used to teleport over the shockwave without losing the damage buff.
- In CM, it can also be used to teleport downed players to more convenient locations, as ressing takes a lot longer.
For more information, see our Cardinal Sabir Guide.
- The stolen skill from the boss is Detonate Plasma, which can be used to supplement boons and provide extra Stability to defend against the hands in the split phase.
- Try to time your dodges so that you don't move back at the wrong time and end up getting pillar aggro.
- You can use to quickly get back to the boss from pillars.
For more information, see our Cardinal Adina Guide.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium