Daredevil - Condi Daredevil
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Designed for: Open World and Open World General
Condition Daredevil is a very strong open world build with high uptime of i-frames through its ability to spam dodges. In addition, it has relatively high DPS if near allies and can bring very high amounts of sustain when needed. Its relatively simple rotation makes it a strong option even for new players, though its reliance on abilities that force movement can be disorienting at first.
- Shortbow - highest ranged DPS
- Offhand Pistol - Run with Mainhand Dagger for absurd amounts of in-combat mobility.
- - viable DPS alternative with
- - a powerful escape button that can sometimes outclass other heals in high-pressure situations.
- - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- - great passive healing
- - area condition damage
- - blocks projectiles and provides a smoke field for stealth
- - teleport + stunbreak
- - group stealth
- - significant breakbar damage
- - large CC
- - condi cleanse
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Build:Daredevil_-_Condi_DPS, making it a good choice for general PVE
- Celestial - alternative to Viper with lower DPS but higher sustain.
- Trailblazer - trades a small amount of damage for a massive boost to defense.
- Rabid - budget; use with , , and .
Several different rune sets work with this build; prioritize runes that provide boosts to Bleeding and Poison, or otherwise flat condition duration. Below are some of the stronger examples:
- - budget DPS
- - higher burst, lower peak DPS
- - defense
- - defensive option that also provides some offense
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- - dps if using gear with high toughness
With this build, damage and defense are intrinsically tied together via . Any time you need to dodge, you can use or to both deal damage and evade. With that in mind, you have a wide variety of options to deal damage with depending on the situation:
- Spamming and to avoid damage and output significant bleed, torment, and poison damage.
- Using to attack from range.
In general there are two major rules:
- Dodge often to proc
- Try not to interrupt your auto-attack chains as the 3rd hit is a significant portion of your damage.
As a final tip, try to whirl through fields to create various bolts.
As a general rotation, consult the following:
- Cast venoms
- Alternate and .
Fill empty space with basic attacks and cast venoms off cooldown.
You can control the direction of the dodge with your movement keys, but keep in mind that Death Blossom cannot be controlled and will always whirl through the target. Alternatively, you can disable auto targetting, and unselect your target to manually control Death Blossom
- The best defense is to dodge attacks, and this build has numerous evades. Learn to recognize dangerous attacks and respond to them.
- Stealing gives you back a dodge thanks to .
- Thief and Daredevil offer various stunbreaks, such as , , and . It is advised to take one of these, as CC is what will usually kill you.
- You can go into stealth via to remove threat, break enemy targeting, and reposition yourself. Follow it up with a if using gear with power like Viper or Celestial.
- (if running a spare pistol offhand)
- A great example of the Celestial build in action against one of the hardest hero points.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium