Daredevil - Condi Daredevil
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Video Examples
Condi Daredevil is a very mobile, active build that utilizes daredevil's strong hybrid damage and many evades. It has moderate damage, high self-healing, and an excellent blend of both power and condition damage.
- Extremely mobile
- Good sustain
- Lots of dodges
- Easy access to stealth makes it ideal for node farming / map comp
- DPS rotation requires movement
- Short steal distance is annoying to players already familiar with core thief
- Mainhand Pistol - Provides a good valid ranged option
- Offhand Pistol - Run with Mainhand Dagger for absurd amounts of in-combat mobility.
- Staff - Can be used for more power damage; not recommended
- Sword - Useful only if you need , otherwise best to avoid.
- - a powerful escape button that can sometimes outclass other heals in high-pressure situations.
- - if having issues with burning, poison, bleeding, or confusion.
- - great passive healing
- - area condition damage
- - strong area CC and strike damage
- - blocks projectiles and provides a smoke field for stealth
- - teleport + stunbreak
- - group stealth
- - significant breakbar damage
- - provides damage and a large amount of Slow
- - grants significant defiance bar damage
- - more damage on a longer cooldown; ideal for solo or duo bosses / hero points
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
Like Viper, this variant offers good hybrid damage with the added benefit of extra defense and boon duration. Treat this as a middle ground between the two variants above.
This variant loses all your power damage but offers a significant boost to defense.
- Equip one dagger in Slot 1 mainhand and the other dagger in Slot 2 offhand so you can swap weapons
Due to thief's wide spread of conditions, there are no good budget options available. If seeking alternative gear sets for budget reasons, it is advised to use a Power Daredevil build instead. Remember that exotic gear is perfectly fine to use in open world.
Due to the nature of Celestial gear, your gear options expand considerably compared to Viper's and especially Trailblazer's . As such, alternative gear that only works with Celestial gear is listed here:
- - all-around budget option
- - provides the highest condition duration of any rune + allstats.
- - high DPS rune; hard to obtain
- - decent budget rune
- , - strong hybrid runes for the Viper's or Celestial variants
- , - powerful defensive options
- - budget defense
- - strong dps sigil
- - strongest DPS sigil overall for the Viper's and Celestial variants
- - massive boost to DPS if you have the crit to proc it
- - non-crit version of ; provides AOE damage as well
- - Strongest defensive sigil
- - condition cleanse
- / - power-burst sigils for the Viper's and Celestial variants
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- - condi food
- - all-stats food
- , - Dodges + Might
- , - Lots of sustain via Lifesteal ( Viper's and Celestial only)
- - +Dmg, +Karma
With this build, damage and defense are intrinsically tied together via . Any time you need to dodge, you can use or to both deal damage and evade. With that in mind, you have a wide variety of options to deal damage with depending on the situation:
- Utilizing stealth attacks to generate Fury and Might. To do this, use followed by .
- Spamming and to avoid damage and output significant bleed, torment, and poison damage.
- Using to attack from range.
In general there are two major rules:
- Dodge often to proc
- Try not to interrupt your auto-attack chains as the 3rd hit is a significant portion of your damage.
As a final tip, try to whirl through fields to create various bolts.
As mentioned above, you have numerous evades. Use them. Get good at recognizing skill tells and responding to them. Other than that, your defensive options are fairly versatile. In the event you need to swap your utility, swap out :
- Theif and Daredevil offer various stunbreaks, such as , , and . It is advised to take one of these, as CC is what will usually kill you.
- Viper's / Celestial : You have high passive healing via and . Try to maintain Fury as much as possible to enhance healing.
- You can go into stealth via to remove threat, break enemy targeting, and reposition yourself. Follow it up with a if using Viper's or Celestial .
- (if running a spare pistol offhand)