Daredevil - Dagger/Pistol
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
D/P Thief is a PvP build that's not only an asset to the team because of its pressure, but also the utility it brings - most notably the insane mobility and the AoE stealth. Focuses on decapping enemy points and outnumbering fights before quickly moving on to the next one - in short, its role is map control. One of the harder builds to play.
- - better setup for coordinated burst.
- - this trait is great for dealing with condition pressure, but kind of forces you to run
- is replaced by which inherits all the traits from Steal, but has half the range. To compensate for that, Swipe is unblockable! We'll still be referring to this profession mechanic as steal/stealing for most of the guide.
- At the start of a match a D/P thief should never be the one sent to capture the node closest to its spawn. Always go to the middle point with your team or help someone push far and stack AoE stealth using the + combo shortly before arrival.
- The thief's role is to almost constantly keep moving. ,
- In larger fights, camp short bow and stay in range until an opening shows, then pressure the target with D/P.
- is the most powerful tool in a thief's kit and should not be wasted! Do not start fights with steal, keep it for the right moment (mainly to interupt important skills such as heals or elites).
- Among other things stealing refills endurance, grants initiative, and provides a variety of boons for you and your team. Its most important function however is the instant boonstrip that prioritizes Stability, which goes off before the Daze does, resulting in an instant interrupt.
- Stealing grants stealth for a few seconds, which means you could immediately followup up with a .
- Most of the burst damage comes from which you're going to use to finish off targets below 50% HP.
- Autoattacks and are the primary source of sustained damage on this set.
- It's worth noting that the build is rather squishy by default, so most of the time you won't be able to spam autoattacks in melee for long. The Blind from Shadow Shot may buy some time for some quick hits without the fear of getting deleted in melee.
- (HS) is seldom used to deal damage. It's mainly just a tool for comboing stealth by performing a Leap finisher in (BP), and sometimes adds an extra bit of mobility. Other than that it may be useful for finishing targets below 25% HP who are just out of melee range.
- Note: if you're not in Stealth, hitting a target with the BP + HS combo will deal damage to them and give you stealth after the strike went off, perfectly setting up a . However, if you already had stealth then the damage will instead reveal you and prevent the next stealth from being applied!
- will be your main gapcloser on this set. There are a couple of things to note about this one:
- Shadow Shot has 2 parts: first one is an unblockable teleport/blind, while the second part deals damage. If you're in stealth and don't want to lose it, it's possible to cancel the 2nd part of the skill by using stow weapon immediately after the Blind is applied (you should definitely set up a bind for it if you haven't already).
- Because of its unblockable part you can use this skill once on blocking targets to ensure that you stay one step ahead of them as Blind makes it harder for them to counterpressure you after the block is over.
- is a quick interrupt. Other than that it can be combined with for an interrupting + blinding attack, effectively shutting down the skill they are currently using, and the next one as well.
- will be your primary source of stealth - combo it with for self stealthing or short bow's for AoE stealth. Another use includes dropping it on downed enemies in order to blind their interrupt skills - making stomping easier - or comboing it with for a near-instant long range Blind.
- It's possible to burst someone from range, even without line of sight with the following combo:
- in Black Powder for stealth
- in the middle of the Heartseeker
- from behind or the side
- is a fine option for ranged poking in case going into melee range would be too dangerous. The bouncing projectiles provide decent cleave in teamfights and excel at removing Mesmer clones.
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for AoE Stealth.
- Its chain skill is a solid source of downed cleave, or even ranged burst if you pre-cast Cluster Bomb aimed at your feet, near the end of the skill cast and then detonate at your target.
- provides cheap and spammable evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized, but it's somewhat expensive.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing received by 33% which affects resurrection speed, and the initial strike even interrupts foes.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically.
- If taken is your best souce of cleansing, as it instantly removes 3 conditions. In addition to that, this also refills an entire dodge roll's worth of endurance which can be used as a last resort option for squeezing out more dodges when you're out of endurance and don't have time to heal. Keep in mind that the condition cleansing portion of this skill is AoE! Try to use it near allies whenever possible.
- is easily the most versatile and one of the strongest skills in the build. It has 2 parts:
- The first half is a stun break and teleport, which already has countless applications. A few applications include teleport to safety while pressured, extending your reach in combat, or using the instant mobility boost to decap enemy points before using the 2nd part of the skill to leave just as fast.
- The second half is called . This skill becomes available for 10 seconds after using Shadowstep, and cures 3 conditions in addition to breaking stun again before returning you to your starting location.
- These can also be combined to safe stomp targets: begin stomping, away to safety, and then follow up with at the end of the animation in order to finish the target.
- is fairly simple. This is your second stun breaker, and another source of stealth. As a Blast finisher you can combo it with for AoE stealth. Just like Signet of Agility, this is a skill you can use to your allies' benefit by sharing its effect with them.
- is both a defensive and offensive elite. The rather lengthy evade frame with increased movement speed makes it an excellent panic button when you're being focused by the enemy team. On the other hand the skill deals heavy AoE damage whilst evading, which makes it great for pressuring melee targets in general with next to no risk.
- Note: skills like or are able to interrupt Dagger Storm, so don't be completely careless.
- Twitch: Azzardome
- Twitch: Sindrener
- Twitch: Pain
- Thief - Marauder D/P - core version.