Daredevil - SA D/P Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A high damage, Stealth focused Daredevil roaming build for WvW.
- - could be a better healing option if you don't need a mass cleanse or another stealth skill.
Stats aren't set in stone, you're free to tinker with the gear, but it's generally recommended to have at least 16-17k HP in total (consumables included).
- could replace either sigils if you're having trouble dealing with conditions.
- - potentially higher uptime on your damage boost than what Relic of Fireworks offers, but you have less control over this one.
- - better defense against conditions.
- - good stats and frequent life steal which adds extra healing/armor ignoring damage to the build.
- - same stats as above and passive damage mitigation instead of life steal.
- in 1v1s your should take a defensive approach, dropping in and out of Stealth, slowly wearing down targets.
- Shadow Arts enhances Stealth significantly. Entering/exiting stealth now grants you Initiative while cleansing conditions.
- is the most powerful tool in a thief's kit and should not be wasted! Do not start fights with steal, keep it for the right moment (mainly to interupt important skills such as heals or elites).
- Stealing grants initiative, boons, dazes enemies and refills a portion of your endurance among other things. Its most important function however is the instant boonstrip that prioritizes Stability which goes off before the Daze does, resulting in an instant interrupt.
- Steal procs the damage bonus of , creating a burst window for you.
- Most of the burst damage comes from . Against low HP targets follow up with .
- The most basic combo in the build is (BP) ⇒ (HS) for Stealth, followed by .
- If you're not in Stealth, hitting a target with the BP + HS combo will deal damage to them and give you stealth after the strike went off, perfectly setting up a . However, if you already had stealth then the damage will instead reveal you and prevent the next stealth from being applied!
- is a great gapcloser even in stealth.
- Shadow Shot has 2 parts: first one is an unblockable teleport/blind, while the second part deals damage. If you're in stealth and don't want to lose it, it's possible to cancel the 2nd part of the skill by using stow weapon immediately after the Blind is applied (you should definitely set up a bind for it if you haven't already) and then following up with a .
- As the Blind is unblockable you could use this skill on blocking targets to ensure that you stay one step ahead of them, as Blind makes it harder for them to counterpressure you after the block is over.
- Autoattacks and are the primary source of sustained damage on this set.
- It's worth noting that the build is rather squishy by default, so most of the time you won't be able to spam autoattacks in melee for long. The Blind from Shadow Shot may buy enough time for some quick hits without the fear of getting deleted in melee.
- (HS) is seldom used to deal damage. It's mainly just a tool for comboing stealth by performing a Leap finisher in (BP) and sometimes adds an extra bit of mobility. Other than that it may be useful for finishing targets below 25% HP who are just out of melee range.
- is a quick interrupt. On top of that it can be combined with one of your smoke fields for an interrupting + blinding attack, effectively shutting down the skill they are currently using, and the next attack as well. It's a very situational skill with no real pressure of its own.
- is your primary source of stealth. Combo it with for self-stealthing or short bow's for AoE stealth. Another use includes dropping it on downed enemies in order to blind their interrupt skills - making stomping easier - or comboing it with for a near-instant long range Blind.
It's possible to burst someone from range, even without line of sight with the following combo:
- in Black Powder for stealth
- in the middle of the Heartseeker
- from behind or the side
- is a fine option for ranged poking in case going into melee range would be too dangerous. The bouncing projectiles provide decent cleave in teamfights and excel at removing Mesmer clones.
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for AoE Stealth.
- Its chain skill is a solid cource of downed cleave, or even ranged burst if you pre-cast aimed at your feet, near the end of the skill cast and then detonate at your target.
- provides cheap and spammable evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing received by 33% which affects resurrecting speed and it dazes on impact.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically.
- instantly cleanses conditions, this could even be used to break CC like Fear.
- is easily the most versatile and one of the strongest skills in the build. It has 2 parts:
- The first half is a stun break and teleport, which already has countless uses. A few applications include teleporting to safety while pressured or extending your reach in combat.
- The second half is called . This skill becomes available for 10 seconds after using Shadowstep, and cures 3 conditions in addition to breaking stun again before returning you to your starting location.
- These can also be combined to safe stomp targets: begin stomping, away to safety, and then follow up with at the end of the animation in order to finish the target.
- is fairly simple. This is your second stun breaker, and another source of stealth. As a Blast finisher you can combo it with for AoE stealth. Just like Signet of Agility, this is a skill you can use to your allies' benefit by sharing its effect with them.
- is both a defensive and offensive elite. The rather lengthy evade frame with increased movement speed makes it an excellent panic button when you're being focused by the enemy team. On the other hand the skill deals heavy AoE damage whilst evading, which makes it great for pressuring melee targets in general with next to no risk.
- Note: skills like or are able to interrupt Dagger Storm, so don't be completely careless.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium