Deadeye - Condi DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Condition damage
A condition DPS build for Deadeye. Falls behind Condi DPS Daredevil in many ways, but brings the ability to deal ranged DPS and is more independent.
- offers sustained healing if you don't think you'll need the utility of other options.
- is a massive heal, condi cleanse, and can provide you with an extra source of stealth if used without a current stolen skill.
- is a decent source of party support.
- or can be used on bosses with fast phase times where you won't need for extra initiative. Particularly relevant in fractals.
- Use for fights that have breakbars.
- for slightly higher DPS if you think you'll be dodging a lot.
- for better personal DPS when group boon uptime is poor.
- if you need to bring as you won't have a cantrip in this case, and will allow you to build up malice stacks faster if your rotation is disrupted.
- can be used instead of at a tiny DPS loss, and are much easier to obtain.
- could replace . This is a moderate DPS loss, but without needing to weapon swap for damage allows you to bring a utility option such as an offhand pistol for CC or a shortbow for mobility (particularly useful in fractals).
- or ascended versions
- , or for a cheaper alternative
After hitting a target with , it flips to become for four seconds.
Your goal is to quickly build up seven stacks of malice and 15 stacks of with and , then stealth to use and reset.
- Stolen Skill for stealth
- - make sure to let the full cast of finish first
- Stolen Skill if available, otherwise
- , if available
- Use to gain stealth at step 3 if neither of the other skills are available.
- Weapon Swap off cooldown, being careful not to interrupt any skills.
- Use off cooldown, be careful not to interrupt any skills, and don't use while you still have a stolen skill available.
- There is a short period after using where your malice hasn't been consumed yet. This means you can use and get the full initiative refund as well as benefiting from the more powerful stealth attack.
- will teleport you backwards upon each use, so make sure it's safe to do so! You can mitigate the teleport in two ways:
- If you jump immediately after using such that the attack hits while you are in the air, then the shadowstep will not trigger, which can be very useful!
- By angling the camera down and moving forward during the cast of , the range you are teleported is drastically reduced. This does not work if you are using action camera.
- Try to only use venoms while four other allies are in range, or their potential will be wasted. Allies includes Mesmer clones, Necromancer minions, and Ranger pets.
- You should always try to pre-cast venoms on allies at the mistlock before fractal encounters, as they add a huge amount of damage. Note that Sunqua Peak will strip venoms at the start of the fight, so this cannot be done there.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade