Deadeye - Pistol Pistol Payback Deadeye
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A power deadeye build that dual wields pistols. This build is tailored for general open world content, map completion, and story content, performing absolutely fantastic at chain killing trash mobs while buffing itself with many boons. When killing trash mobs, this build can sustain permanent Quickness and Fury with 0 boon duration and considrable Might.
The main goal is to chain kill enemies non-stop with a never ending supply of boons and initiative to pew pew with , resetting your cooldowns with to spam or any other skill.
Permanently fighting from range with , this build has low AoE damage, and is vulnerable to enemies that block or reflect projectiles.
None. To function, this build requires that you equip a pistol and nothing on your first weapon set, and nothing and pistol on your second set. This combination of pistol/empty - empty/pistol lets you fight permanently with 2 pistols, turning Weapon Swap into a source of initiative through .
is suggested as it works great with the multihitting Unload attack.
- - defensive option
- - low cooldown, good heal, evades, and disengages.
is your only real AoE damage, it is advised not so swap it.
- amazing CC and boon removal.
- - good when chain killing trash mobs to teleport to your next target.
- - amazing mobility plus stunbreak and condi cleanse.
- - long duration of stealth for channeling Hero Challenges.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- - overall a dps loss, but works great when fighting groups of tightly packed enemies.
- - little bit of sustain at the cost of damage, not that great after the hard nerf with End of Dragons.
- - works great when using both and .
Bosses and other durable enemies
When fighting bosses and other durable enemies where you cannot keep refreshing your Deadeye Mark by killing enemies, use the following traits and skill:
You will need to combine with all your other sources of initiative to keep using . When you run out of initiative, enter stealth and use .
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Daredevil - Power DPS, making it excellent for general PVE.
- Marauder trades some damage for higher health and crit chance.
- - good alternative to Impact sigil
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
Deadeye's Mark and Malice
The most important part of the build is correct usage of . Make sure to mark your target before you start firing. Deadeye's Mark increases your damage against that target by 15% and reduces the damage you take from that target by 15% due to ; and gives you +200 power, +200 precision, and Quickness with .
By killing your marked target, you will proc , which greatly reduces the recharge of your skills, most notably and . You also reset Deadeye's Mark, letting your mark your next target.
This provides never ending initiative when combined with and by weapon swaping, permanent Quickness, and permanent .
The rotation couldn't be more simple.
- spam this
- if AoE is needed.
- Weapon swap to regain initative to continue using Unload.
Bosses and other durable enemies
When fighting bosses and other durable enemies where you cannot keep refreshing your Deadeye Mark by killing enemies, use the traits and skills suggested above. Your playstly is largely the same, spaming Unload, but now you will eventually run out of initiative. When that happens, you will have to enter stealth to use the very low damage stealth attack just so you spend your initiative and can again trigger .
- Try to stay above 90% health to benefit from , , and .
- When fighting bosses in a group, try to attack from behind to benefit from .
- Each bullet from has a 20% chance to be a projectile finisher so, when fighting with nearby players, try to make your bullets fly through a combo field for some additional bonuses.
- Try not to cancel Unload. Landing all 8 shots will replenish 2 initiative.
- Weapon swap is used to replenish 3 initiative. Don't interrupt yourself, only weapon swap when not casting skills.
The best defense is to kill your enemy before it can kill you. This build is very aggressive and has little defense.
- You are a fully ranged build, always keep your distance.
- Dodge incoming attacks.
- Disengage with stealth.
- Against trash mobs, you can always use to blind them.
- - 2 second daze.
- If you need crowd control, slot .
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade