Deadeye - Power Deadeye
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Focused on: Strike damage
A general open world deadeye build focused on flexibility, performing good enough in every scenario without really especializing in one purpose.
It builds on thief's core themes of in-combat mobility and burst damage, inviting the use of differet weapons and their Dual Attacks.
This build really invites the player to make use of different weapons, making use of the thief's profession mechanic of Dual Attacks.
- The suggested Dagger/Pistol focuses on mobility and burst damage.
- Sword/Pistol - good cleave damage and evasive playstile.
- Sword/Dagger - good single target damage and evasive playstile.
- Dagger/Dagger - accobratic playstile that focuses on ing enemies.
- Pistol/pistol - alternative playstile that focuses on chain killing by pew pewing enemies.
- Rifle - alternative playstile that focuses on very high single target damage.
- Pistol/dagger - not recomended, focuses on condition damage.
- - shorter cooldown heal with an evade.
- - condi cleanse and huge heal.
- - alternative damage option and teleport.
- - blinds enemies and destroys projectiles.
- // - if struggling with defiance bars.
- - alternative stun break that cleanses conditions and is a long range teleport.
- - alternative stun break that grants offensive boons; good on bosses
- - to escape from enemies or stealth past them, or channel Hero Challenges.
- - a 4 second evade.
- - strong crowd control if there are allies nearby.
- - high burst damage on a long cooldown
- - a litle bit of sustain, not that great after the huge nerf in End of Dragons.
- - when fighting against single targets
- - on long fights against single targets.
Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Daredevil - Power DPS, making it excellent for general PVE.
Shortbow is used only for mobility and tagging mobs in group events, thus the suggested sigils.
- - budget DPS
- - defense
- - budget DPS
- - Strong defensive sigil that allows for more dodges.
- - can be used on the shortbow for even better mob tagging.
Equip your shortbow with and for an excellent tagging build.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- This build focuses on using to proc several powerful traits, including:
- , , , from Trickery
- , , in Deadeye
- Because of these interactions, every time you steal you will gain Fury, Might, Quickness, Swiftness, Regeneration, Vigor, +200 Power and Precision, and +2 Initiative.
- Because none of the listed traits that grant these boons have an internal cooldown, and refreshes your (which counts as a Steal) every time you kill your marked target you can instantly re-apply these buffs to yourself, making this build amazingly good at killing groups of mobs.
- You deal increased damage to your market target, and take less damage from it, thanks to .
- Killing your Marked target will fully reset your Mark () and cause an explosion around them that deals damage and blinds nearby enemies ().
- This build also features a considerable amount of Stealth from and , allowing you to disengage from dangerous situations or use without spending Initiative. This stealth does have a long cooldown, however, so be aware of this.
Your playstyle will depend on your current set of weapons:
- Spam to deal damage.
For a build focused on pistol pistol deadeye see Build:Deadeye_-_Pistol_Pistol_Payback__Deadeye.
This variant is used primarily for chain-killing and running around in the open world. It has almost no cleave/AoE damage, but has very good single target burst.
To deal damage with Dagger/Pistol:
- is both your gapcloser and spamable damage skill.
- is used to finish off targets, use it against enemies below 50% HP. Otherwise, use Shadow Shot or auto attacks.
- when out of innitiative.
Your stealth attacks is , which deals very high damage when hitting from behind. You can gain stealth to use this attack by using your stolen skill while at or above 5 malice or by using as a combo finisher through a smoke field like .
This variant provides better cleave damage than dagger through its Dual Attack and auto attack, and good crowd control.
- is a long-duration evade and can be quite useful for soloing harder enemies. It also stuns.
- is your gap closer.
- Your stealth attack is that dazes if you hit from behind, while regaining endurance.
This variant deals good cleave damage through auto attacks, and good single target damage with its Dual Attack. It performs best against enemies that gain boons, most notably enemies in End of Dragons.
- attacks while evading, and then deals high damage and steals their boons, doing higher damage if they have no boons to steal.
This build has access to a number of defensive options, though it mostly relies on killing enemies before they can deal much damage.
- provides okayish sustain, especially since this build has permanent Fury.
- You have several sources of stealth, which allow for repositioning or disengaging
- is an area blind
- is an area blind. If you are just auto attacking, you can keep this up permanently, though it only affects 5 targets and will not affect enemies with Defiance Bars.
- (Sword/Pistol only) is a long-duration evade that allows you to easily dodge predictable attacks.
- (sword 1 in stealth)
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade