Deadeye - SA Rifle Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Shadow Arts take on Rifle Deadeye, this WvW roaming build relies on lurking in stealth for longer periods of time between bursts.
For the optional slot:
- - CC and damage boost through Vulnerability stacking. Because of the delay, with proper timing BS can be used to set up burst such as while you're still in stealth.
- - passive damage increase and an active that can greatly enchance burst damage.
- - cleanses several conditions, has a useful passive, and refills just enough endurance for a dodge roll to fuel .
- - stun break and instant Stealth access.
- trades some boonrip for a CD reduction on .
- The ratio of Marauder and Berserker's pieces can be changed based on personal preferences. Add a few more Marauder pieces if you're feeling too squishy, or replace them with Berserker if you're willing to take risks.
- - lower opening burst, but more consistent damage modifier and better Might uptime.
- Budget version:
- Budget version:
Elite specialization basics
- is replaced by , which has greater range but also a cast time. We're still going to refer to this as steal.
- Stolen skills are also replaced by new ones for each profession, although these are much less situational and can be used more freely. One thing to note is that you cannot pick the target freely for the new stolen skills, they will always be used on your marked target (even if they are in stealth, which can be useful for finishing off low HP stealthed targets).
- If you want to know more about these skills, here's a list of them from the official wiki.
- Your specialization resource is called Malice. It's built using attack skills with initiative cost on your marked target and you can have up to 5 stacks of Malice, each increasing your damage by 3%. Stealth attacks such as consume Malice and are further empowered based on the number of Malice stacks.
- At the 5 Malice threshold stolen skills such as grant Stealth on activation, which is going to be their primary purpose - but be wary that they also do damage, so if you were already in stealth these will reveal you instead. There is a workaround for this however: stolen skills need line of sight (LoS) to deliver damage, if you intentionally break LoS then you can use them for the stealth without drawbacks.
- Start fights with to begin passively building Malice. Stealing also procs , which gives you a ~4 second window to burst targets while you have Quickness and the stat increase that comes with it.
- provides easy stealth access on rifle, the only limiting factor will be endurance.
- recharges . Use it when you either run out of initiative, want to gain Quickness, have to switch targets, or need to interrupt via .
- is easily the most versatile skill in the build. Couple of applications include:
- Extending the reach of rifle by 1200 range instantly.
- Escaping from melee, and then doing it again with when they get close.
- Stomping downed opponents with Shadowstep ⇒ Shadow Return.
- Breaking stun and cleansing conditions.
- Try to finish downed targets while on the Dagger/Pistol set in order to build stacks. If you have nothing better to do, you could also just kill random mobs on the map to build stacks before a fight.
Main weapon set. Burst, mobility, easy stealth access.
- Rifle technically has 10 skills, but about half of them won't be used much.
- swaps your rifle skills for more powerful ones, but makes you stationary (this can be cancelled with the same button). You can still dodge roll, teleport, and without breaking kneel. Always kneel if you want to do damage with rifle attack skills.
- is basically the of this build when it comes to mobility, but that's just one aspect of it. In combat this serves as a spammable condition cleanse or even combo tool for stealth access when used in a smoke field.
- We recommend that you set up a bind for "about face" (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). This makes it easier to teleport forward with this skill using the following sequence: about face ⇒ ⇒ about face.
- (TRB) will be the main skill to spam on the weapon, this is where most of your damage comes from, not to mention Might and Malice stacking.
- can be used either to set up burst with the Immobilize, or as a cheaper way to reach the Malice cap (Spotter costs 3 Initiative and gives the same amount of Malice as the 6 initiative TRB). The boons provided are also quite good.
- At maximum (5 stacks) of Malice you should enter stealth and do a . Exceptions include targets at very low health, in that canse it may be quicker to just spam them down with TRB.
- At maximum Malice prioritize using stolen skills for stealth access, don't waste dodges if you don't have to!
- could be useful against other ranged specs, but a more common application of it is stealth stacking. It's a combo field which can be utilized by you or your team. After dropping SC at your feet, cancel kneeling and use to combo stealth (the two skills are also tied to the same button).
Rifle burst rotation template:
- , which already puts you at 1/5 Malice with
- x2 or x2 or a mix of both - after this, you should be at 5/5 Malice
- Stealth using either a stolen skill or a dodge
- The Shadow Arts specialization greatly enchances stealth, making it last longer while regenerating health and initiative over its duration. In combat it also provides 50% movement speed increase, but it's capped at the usual 33% while out of combat.
- Rifle's is the cheapest way for you to enter Stealth, endurance being the only limiting factor. Dodge on rifle every time your endurance is about to hit maximum.
- is a last resort options in case the circumstances don't allow for other methods, or you need to heal. Shadow Meld is extremely valuable as it counters Revealed which would prevent you from gaining stealth.
Optimal stealth stacking rotation:
- Drop in front of you, which is a smoke field
- Swap to dagger
- x4 through Sniper's Cover
- Dodge while holding a rifle to proc
Less optimal, but much more convenient way (it costs more initiative and you will only be able to use 3 Heartseekers):
- x3 in Black Powder
- Swap to rifle, dodge
- Malicious Oneshot Roamer - a more gimmicky version of the build focusing on backstabbing targets with a Dagger, instantly downing them.