Deadeye - Marauder Rifle
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This Deadeye Rifle PvP build takes Thief's role of outnumbering to the extreme, potentially bursting targets down in mere seconds.
For the optional utility slot:
- - one of the best defensive skills, cleansing conditions and refilling enough endurance to even enter stealth via. Most popular choice.
- - grants stealth, breaks stun, and blinds enemies in melee.
- - excellent setup for rifle.
- - excellent added burst window for rifle with passive damage increase.
- - another stun break and instant access to Quickness.
- - rather convenient stealth access and a counter to Revealed which could help you disengage or quickly access, but you'll lose out on a very versatile elite which provides both emergency sustain (evasion) and excellent AoE cleave.
- Dagger over Sword - goes well with the more stealth oriented Shadow Arts version, but you will lose the ability to hold off attackers in melee or properly cleave downed targets without taking Dagger Storm.
- trades damage for more stolen items and a chance to recover CDs.
Replacing Deadly Arts with Shadow Arts makes the build more forgiving to play, but sacrifices quite a lot of burst damage:
- Superior Rune of Strength(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 20% Might Duration (5): +100 Power (6): +20% Might Duration; +5% damage while under the effects of might.
Elite specialization basics
- is replaced by, which has greater range but also a cast time. We's still going to refer to this as a steal.
- Stolen skills are also replaced by new ones for each profession, although these are much less situational and can be used more freely. One thing to note is that you cannot pick the target freely for the new stolen skills, they will always be used on your marked target (even if they are in stealth).
- If you want to know more about these skills, here's a list of them from the official wiki.
- Your primary specilization resource is called Malice. It's built using attack skills with initiative cost on your marked target and you can have up to 5 stacks of Malice, each increasing your damage by 3%. Stealth attacks such as consume Malice and are further empowered based on the number of Malice stacks.
- Above a certain Malice threshold stolen skills grant Stealth - but be wary that they also do damage, so if you were already in stealth these will reveal you instead.
- Start fights with so you can start passively building Malice. Stealing also procs, which gives you a ~4 second window to burst targets while you have Quickness and the stat increase that comes with it.
- provides easy stealth access on rifle, the only limiting factor will be endurance.
- is a last resort option that can save your life as it's a stealth you can use even while you have Revealed.
- Use when you run out of initiative, want to gain Quickness, or need to interrupt via.
- is a very important defensive skill. It cleanses conditions, provides mobility (both in and out of combat), and even acts as a leap finisher.
- is easily the most versatile skill in the build. Couple of applications include:
- Extending the reach of rifle by 1200 range instantly.
- Escaping from melee, and then doing it again with when they get close.
- Stomping downed opponents with Shadowstep ⇒ Shadow Return.
- Breaking stun and cleansing conditions.
- Breaking stealth with damage can be beneficial for your burst thanks to -does it by default.
- makes you significantly better at finishing off low health targets.
Main weapon set. Burst, mobility, easy stealth access.
- Rifle technically has 10 skills, but about half of them won't be used much.
- swaps your rifle skills for more powerful ones, but makes you stationary (this can be cancelled with the same button). You can still use dodge rolling, teleports, andwithout breaking kneel. Always kneel if you want to do damage with rifle attack skills.
- (TRB) will be the main skill to spam on the weapon, this is where most of your damage comes from, not to mention Might and Malice stacking.
- At 5 stacks of Malice you should enter stealth and do a . Exceptions include targets at very low health, in that canse it may be quicker to just spam them down with TRB.
- Note that this skill is unblockable!
- can be used to set up burst through snares. The boons provided are also quite good.
- could be useful against other ranged specs, but a more common application of it is stealth stacking. It's a combo field which can be utilized by your or your team. After dropping SC at your feet, cancel kneeling and useto combo stealth (the two skills are also tied to the same button).
This is the secondary set. Good for cleaving downed targets, interrupting important skills, defending yourself vs melee, or finishing off targets who have projectile denial,
- is the burst skill of this set. Use it for downed cleave, CC, finshing off targets, or to defend yourself after swapping weapons if you got focused on rifle.
- adds some more mobility to the build and the immob can be used to set up Pistol Whip.
- is a quick interrupt.
- The auto attack chain can deliver some serious pressure especially with high Might stacks and Quickness.
- is good for blinding downed targets or providing a stealth field for the team.
- Twitch: Faeleth