Dragonhunter - Meditrapper Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Dragonhunter build for WvW roaming that mixes meditations and traps.
- Dragon's Maw - if you feel comfortable with no invulnerability or instant virtues recharge.
- - more sustain.
- - more healing.
- - allows you to kite and disengage with Stealth and Superspeed.
- - more damage and some mobility in combat from the proc.
- - extra precision with an armor ignoring damage proc that also heals you.
- - defensive option.
- - offensive option.
- The ring created by a triggered Test of Faith deals more damage than the initial trigger, and a significant portion of your burst damage comes from pulling/pushing foes through it.
- Drop the trap preferably at your target's feet so that they spring it immediately and not after you already blew a CC. Consider jumping in with Judge's Intervention if they were far away.
- Push them outside the ring with either Deflecting Shot or Shield of Absorption.
- Pull them back in with 24px Hunter's Verdict (secondary skill of Spear of Justice).
- If possible, swap weapons and use the other knockback skill too that you didn't 2 steps before.
- Test of Faith can also be used defensively as it's an instant cast skill that's also usable while stunned and grants Protection. If you're not going to combo it for some reason and don't need it defensively either, try to drop it at the edge of the capture point - this should limit your opponents' movement and make it harder not to cross it, potentially baiting out dodges.
- Deflecting Shot is unblockable and can be used to interrupt blocking skills thanks to Heavy Light.
- Wings of Resolve removes a total of 5 conditions and gives a substantial heal to you and your teammates, use it often. It's also an excellent mobility tool in combat.
- Shield of Courage breaks stun and blocks all attacks in front of you, use it to relive pressure from you and your team - for example, you can stand facing foes attempting to cleave downed teammates while you or your team is reviving them. If you are not getting focused hard you should try to keep it for situations where your team need to rez or stomp. Keep in mind that Courageous Return instantly recharges this virtue after you revived somebody, so don't hesitate to use it when somebody goes down.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to Renewed Focus. RF is a great skill to use if you're being focues by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left. Just keep in mind that this skill makes you lose capture point contribution for its duration.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from Zealot's Defense. Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range.
- Symbol of Blades has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- Use Shield of Judgment when you or an ally is about to be focused by the enemy, or if you're already pressured. It also applies boons in a cone, try to aim it at as many allies as possible.
- As mentioned above, Shield of Absorption is mainly a combo tool, but you can also use it for general CC (even neutralizing enemy points) or to defend against some ranged attacks. It forms a dome around you for a couple of seconds, blocking projectiles. You can choose to detonate the dome with its chain skill, which will cause a bit of AoE healing.
- High sustain specs are going to wear you down eventually