Dragonhunter - Stealth Trapper Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high damage glass-cannon Dragonhunter build for WvW roaming which sacrifices much of the sustain of Meditrapper to squeeze out even more damage. Instead the build is all about relying on the Stealth and Superspeed of to stay alive between bursts.
- - considered to be the optimal food, strong mix of sustain and damage but requires a cooking skill of 500.
- - extra precision with an armor ignoring damage proc that also heals you.
- - defensive option.
- - offensive option.
- Try to stay in range, keep your distance whenever possible.
- is what makes this DH work. The build doesn't have a whole lot of sustain, instead it relies on Stealth and Superspeed to avoid taking damage. As a result mistakes can be rather punishing.
- Whenever you drop a trap you'll gain Stealth and Superspeed. The stealth won't lest long if an enemy's in melee range because the traps deal damage, but it should be enough to reposition yourself and break targeting. Or you could drop the trap preemptively before they get to you or the ranged could focus you.
- is an excellent defensive skill because it's an instant source of Protection and Stealth + Superspeed. Can also be used while CC'd.
- is unblockable and can be used to interrupt blocking skills.
- removes 2 conditions and gives a substantial heal to you and your teammates. It's also an excellent mobility tool in combat and a good way of repositioning yourself even in brief stealth windows.
- breaks stun and blocks all attacks in front of you, use it to relive pressure from you and your team - for example, you can stand facing foes attempting to cleave downed teammates while you or your team is reviving them.
- Try to burn through all of your virtues before resorting to . RF is a great skill to use if you're being focused by the enemy team and you don't have any CDs left, but Dragonhunter virtues have cast times so any you didn't use before RF will be wasted.
- The ring created by a triggered deals more damage than the initial trigger, and a significant portion of your burst damage comes from pulling/pushing foes through it.
- Drop the trap preferably at your target's feet so that they spring it immediately and not after you already blew a CC. Consider jumping in with if they are far away.
- Push them outside the ring with either or .
- Pull them back in with (secondary skill of ).
- If possible, swap weapons and use the other knockback skill too that you didn't 2 steps before.
- You deal extra damage to enemies affected by , so consider using it before hard hitting skills like .
- There's a delay on , the final strike doesn't go off immediately after you finish channeling the skill. You could even pull targets in with to make sure they get it and can't dodge or move out right before rings appear. The final strike of this skill does heavy damage.
- The Stealth from the runes isn't purely defensive - you could use it to cover up the animation of and other ranged attacks, increasing their chance to hit.
- This is the defensive set of the build, but still has some hard hitting skills.
- The main source of burst damage here comes from . Note that the projectiles can be very unreliable in anything but melee range.
- has many uses: vertical mobility via teleportation, symbol for cleaving, or a combo field which can be used for AoE cleansing by executing a blast finisher in it.
- Use when you or an ally is about to be focused by the enemy, or if you're already pressured. It also applies boons in a cone, try to aim it at as many allies as possible.
- As mentioned above, is mainly a combo tool, but you can also use it for general CC or to defend against some ranged attacks. It forms a dome around you for a couple of seconds, blocking projectiles. You can choose to detonate the dome with its chain skill, which will cause a bit of AoE healing.
- Turbo Trapper - the Conquest PvP version of the build.
- Meditrapper Roamer - a more "balanced" version of this roaming build with less focus on traps and Stealth with a more conventional playstyle.