Dragonhunter - Power Dragonhunter
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Strike damage
A very high-burst build for power dragonhunter. This build offers extremely high burst damage, great CC, great defensive tools, and decent mobility.
- Longbow - highest dps ranged option
- Staff - good farming weapon thanks to spammable ranged AOE
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- - heal trap that blinds an an area when triggered
- - great AOE damage that mobs can be made to repeatedly walk over; higher burst than . This skill also provides Protection
- - generates Vulnerability
- - stunbreak that also grants you some Resolution uptime.
- - grants more Resolution
- - condi cleanse
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running, also gives aegis
- - teleport with a moderate cooldown
- - defensive option.
- - alternative DPS option; higher DPS if using Longbow
- - improved Resolution uptime if needed
- - less reliance on Resolution
- - use if running in a zerg
- , - lowers DPS for defense
Honor can be taken for more defense at the cost of damage. This should typically replace Radiance.
- - extreme condition cleanse
- - extra might uptime
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear that is very similar to Build:Dragonhunter_-_Power_DPS, making it excellent for general PVE.
- Note: running full Berserker stats is totally fine.
- Berserker stats - Minor DPS (and HP) loss over Dragon stats, but much easier to obtain
- Marauder - trades -10% damage for +60% effective health; luxury set
- Knight - use some trinkets to provide extra Defense
- , - budget dps
- , - defense
- - higher dps than but less versatile; generally not used in other modes
- - strong defense
- - budget DPS
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- , - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - DPS
- Note that to play this build optimally you must turn off "Melee Attack Assist" in your Options menu. This is so you can stand inside of boss hitboxes.
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks. You should attempt to use and right before you use .
- Never interrupt your Greatsword or Sword autoattack chains as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Resolution is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main Resolution sources are , , and . If using the Virtues variant, will provide an enormous boost to your Resolution uptime as well as significant damage.
- If using Virtues, resets off every kill thanks to . You should use it whenever possible.
- In long fights you should bring instead of for increased Resolution uptime.
- If running Zeal, fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from .
- You should wait until procs before activating
While this opener may not apply in every situation, it is a good general-use rotation to start with. Open on Sword/Focus.
- Weapon Swap
- Auto-attack until , , and are back up
- Weapon Swap
From there, your goal is to load your big damage skills into the window provided by while auto-attacking and using off cooldown.
- You have a ton of Resolution uptime which helps you against conditions.
- is a powerful defensive skill. If you stand on top of an ally while this is active it can block attacks for them as well.
- , , and blind enemies.
- and can be used against projectiles.
- is a block that also gives aegis, protection, Resolution, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense. You can also run but this comes at the cost of one of your best burst damage skills.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing unless you have , so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights. You can run healing food, such as in these situations to relieve some pressure.
- is a powerful heal and condition cleanse. You can also use in the light field from your symbols to cleanse conditions.
- When zerging, use your , , and to tag mobs. Try to make sure your procs on groups so you get credit for all of them.
- Against bosses or static groups of mobs (while the zerg isn't moving much), use your higher-damage weapon set such as Greatsword or Sword/Focus.
- (as a last resort)
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade