Dragonhunter - Symbolic
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A formidable Dragonhunter bunker/skirmisher build for PvP with a bit of team support.
- Sword over Scepter: this trades ranged damage and better symbol uptime for more mobility and cleave.
- can help a lot with reviving allies.
- adds another symbol to the build but the mace symbol will no longer have ~100% uptime.
Free-to-play users can replicate this build with moderate success by replacing Dragonhunter with Virtues:
- In this case take as your healing skill and in place of the trap.
- Playstyle: look for smaller fights, preferably 1v1 and 2v2s and focus on survival first. Stay in your symbols as much as possible and use them on CD.
- Blocking attacks removes conditions via , making one of the build's strongest condition cleanses.
- , and provide a stead stream of healing during combat, both for you and nearby allies.
- Spam symbols and autoattacks for damage, most of your pressure's going to come from these two sources.
- Use on cooldown.
- If you're fighting with an ally always try to use near them for extra support. Protector's Strike is also one of the hardest hitting skills in the build and in most cases should be used immediately after weapon swapping to make sure it goes off while
- is both an excellent defensive and offensive tool: as it's instant cast it can be used to block incoming burst even while you're CC'd. If the stacks aren't depleted after 4 seconds, the exploding shield can hit rather hard (while the shield will barely explode in a combat scenario, with proper timing it can be used to deliver an opening burst on unsuspecting foes).
- The blast finisher that comes with activating the skill AoE cleanses 1 condition when used in a symbol. Aside from that it may help with stacking Swiftness or Stealth in combo fields provided by other party members.
- Despite having midrange attack skills, it's more useful in melee range where the autoattack is easier to land and you can stand in for some extra Might stacks. In ranged combat it's mostly a filler weapon to have something to do while you're waiting for bigger CDs.
- With a little luck it's possible to decap a point by knocking the target off with and rooting them in place with .
- has a weird aftercast which delays the recharge of this skill by up to ~20%. To cancel that just simply cast any other skill, an autoattack should suffice.
- is one of the few skill that grant Protection in this build, try to apply it to as many allies as possible to get the most out of it.
Sword (if taken)
- Symbols, traps, and the sword autoattack chain will be the main sources of cleave damage in the build.
- Maintain as much as possible. Keep in mind that it's not just a symbol, this skill can also be used as a near-instant AoE blind which can be used to prevent key skills (such as a Reaper's ) from landing a hit, or as a gapcloser/mobility tool.
- is one of the hardest hitting skills in the build and a good way to deal with projectiles.
- Power-based spikes when blocks are down.
- Chain CC