Elementalist - Mighty Fresh D/F Ele
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Core elementalist is commonly thought to be the worst and least viable core specialization out of all the professions, but this aggressive (also somewhat fast-paced and technical) d/f core fresh air build is an option. Sc/f core ele still exists, but is somewhat lacking in dps for this meta. While d/f fresh air is harder to safely pilot in a large, middle node team fight compared to necro or guardian, it makes a good roamer and can confidently take many 1v1 matchups if a sidenoder is required.
- - potentially equally viable for either escape mobility and stability, or turning the momentum of a fight with the 5+4 combo.
- - Fury and Swiftness uptime, particularly good if not taking
- - Vigor for more dodges instead of the extra sustain through swapping attunements
- Line of sight, interrupts, and mobility are vital for survival on this build.
- Try to combo or with , or with and in .
- Try to enter between attunement swaps to make the most of , Superspeed from , and 's critical damage bonus, as well as accessing the strong auto attack, and damage and cc cooldowns that Air Attunement has.
- You may have to be proactive about initiating on other roamers that would view you as an easy target to gank, such as power Herald. They can be easy enough to fight, but hard to turn on, and esaping from or can be tricky. Watch out for thieves and glassy guardians as well.
- Take care with timing at Mesmers with lots of reflects.
- is most useful for the Immobilize when used in
- As always with , try and cast auto attacks when not casting other abilities (and not afflicted with Confusion) for extra sustain. Doing this in while in combat will generate Might from .
- is good for downed cleave, or for simply placing on a node in larger teamfights.
Burst combo example
- Swap to
- Swap to