Elementalist - Mighty Fresh D/F Ele
This is a placeholder build that was useful in the past. Click here to view current builds.
Focused on: Hybrid damage
Designed for: PvP Conquest
Core elementalist is commonly thought to be the worst and least viable core specialization out of all the professions, but this aggressive (also somewhat fast-paced and technical) D/F core Fresh Air build is an option. Sc/F core Elementalist still exists, but is somewhat lacking in DPS for this meta. While D/F fresh air is harder to safely pilot in a large, middle node team fight compared to necro or guardian, it makes a good roamer and can confidently take many 1v1 matchups if a sidenoder is required.
- - potentially equally viable for either escape mobility and stability, or turning the momentum of a fight with the 5+4 combo.
- - Fury and Swiftness uptime, particularly good if not taking
- - Vigor for more dodges instead of the extra sustain through swapping attunements
- - potentially better vs conditions, though condition builds still have a power damage component that toughness will reduce, and this build has a fair amount of sustain.
- Line of sight, interrupts, and mobility are vital for survival on this build.
- Try to combo or with , or with and in .
- Try to enter between attunement swaps to make the most of , Superspeed from , and 's critical damage bonus, as well as accessing the strong auto attack, and damage and cc cooldowns that Air Attunement has.
- You may have to be proactive about initiating on other roamers that would view you as an easy target to gank, such as power Herald. They can be easy enough to fight, but hard to turn on, and esaping from or can be tricky. Watch out for thieves and glassy guardians as well.
- Take care with timing at Mesmers with lots of reflects.
- is most useful for the Immobilize when used in , the Blind when used in Air Attunement, or just for damage to try and achieve enough pressure out of a certain window of opportunity. Try and make sure the Ferocity buff from is up when casting this ability.
- As always with , try and cast auto attacks when not casting other abilities (and not afflicted with Confusion) for extra sustain. Doing this in while in combat will generate Might from .
- is good for downed cleave, or for simply placing on a node in larger teamfights.
Burst combo example
- Swap to
- Swap to
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium