Elementalist - S/F Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Scepter/Focus Fresh Air is one of the harder elementalist specs to master, but allows for high pressure roaming.
Fire over Water:
- Pyromancer's Puissance which makes 25 Might easily accessible at a loss of some healing on Water Attunement. Absolutely Any skills used while in Fire Attunement will grant Might, even Utility.
- Condition cleanses can still be achieved via 24px Smothering Auras, Sunspot giving a Fire Shield that removes 1 condition on Fire Attunement then with Transmute Fire will remove 2 more, can be followed by another Fire Shield. Burning Fire also passively adds up 3 conditions to be removed upon having said amount on self.
- Burning Rage boosts any damage by 10% to Burning enemies. All Fire skills can apply it as well as Arcane Blast, ideally even doing one Flamestrike before Air Attunement can increase damage by good margin alongside extra Might.
- is highly recommended if using this specialization to keep Might longer and 5% damage increase, however if able to follow the right circumstances before leaving Fire Attunement, waiting to activate the second Fire Shield into Air Attunement withcan increase the damage by 10% (20% if paired with Burning.) on it's duration for a bit less Might uptime.
- Avoid 1v1s whenever possible, keep moving between capture points to outnumber fights and burst targets down.
- Much of this build's damage comes from swapping to Air Attunement, as this triggers Electric Discharge, followed by Lightning Strike. To capitalize on this, you should generally swap out of air immediately or soon after casting Lightning Strike into any other attunement, get a Fresh Air proc and jump back into Air Attunement.
- Recharging Air: to take advantage of Fresh Air you need to score a critical hit. The fastest way to do it on attunements with slower skill is to start channel the air autoattack Arc Lightning just before leaving Air Attunement. Swapping attunements doesn't break the channeling and Arc Lightning is almost guaranteed to critically hit at least once.
- Arcane Blast should usually be used while in Earth Attunement for the Immobilize, which makes it harder to avoid your burst. Alternatively, cast Arcane Blast while still in Air Attunement then switch over to Earth before the projectile hits - this will root the target and you can get back into Air without skipping a beat as Arcane Blast is always a critical hit. With 1.5k range this is also your best ranged option.
- This build can self-stack might by blasting the fire field created by Flamewall. Do not prioritize might-stacking, but do take advantage of the incidental opportunities which arise. Your blast finishers are:
- The build's most dangerous above 90% HP where the and Aquamancer's Training bonuses are active. These bonuses are active in any attunement, but to maximize bursts most of your hard hitting abilities should go off while attuned to Air to benefit from Aeromancer's Training and Fresh Air.
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony is best used either while in Earth for the Protection or Water for the Regeneration which cleanses a condition via Cleansing Water.
Notable burst combos
These are some potential combos you can use based on the techniques outlined above. The quicker you pull these chains off, the better.
- Dragon's Tooth (optional, easy to avoid so use it only when the target is CC'd or downed)
- Phoenix - optional: Lightning Flash right at your target before Phoenix Goes off
- Arcane Blast
- Air Attunement - swap to this just before Phoenix and Arcane Blast are about to land
- Lightning Strike
- Dust Devil
- Arcane Blast - Projectile must land right before attuning to Air to get the Immobilize
- Air Attunement
- Lightning Strike
- Water Trident + Lightning Flash right at your target before the trident goes off
- Arcane Blast
- Air Attunement just before Shatterstone and Water Trident does damage
- Lightning Strike
- One with Air makes it easy to kite most specs. Avoid melee range at all costs!
- CCs can be used for shaking off pursuers.
- Abuse spots on maps that break teleport skill pathing when the enemy team has Thieves, Revenants, and other such specs with teleports. Use the terrain to your advantage in general, it's very important for builds as squishy as this one.
- Magnetic Wave and Swirling Winds provide excellent protection against enemies who use projectiles. These however do not work against unblockable projectiles, and some ranged builds - such as this one - are mostly unaffected by projectile reflects and blocks.
- Magnetic Wave is the build's best condition cleanse which can also be used while stunned.
- Obsidian Flesh gives invincibility for a short while, and can be used to survive bursts or to create a window where you can pressure targets in the heat of battle without any hindrance.
- Regeneration applications remove conditions.
- Stealth, as most high-damage abilities in this build require a target.
- Heavy condition pressure.
- Freshweaver - a more powerful version using the Weaver elite specialization