Weaver - Freshweaver
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A PvP Weaver take on the Fresh Air archetype with a steep learning curve, focusing on burst damage and +1ing fights. One of the hardest Elementalist builds to play.
- - adds much needed cleansing to the build in case you're having trouble avoiding conditions, or if the enemy team is overloaded with them.
- can be taken if you wish to sacrifice some healing for a more evasive setup.
- - if you're not comfortable with the low HP, a combination of Marauder Amulet and for higher survivability at the cost of slightly lower damage would also be a viable option.
Elite specialization basics
- Weaver allows the Elementalist to attune to 2 elements at the same time, and skills 1-5 will be decided based on both. Let's call them primary and secondary attunements.
- If you swap to fire becomes your primary attunement and weapon skills 1-2 are going to be fire skills. Afterwards if you switch to then air is now your primary attunement and fire's moved to secondary - now skills 1-2 are air and 4-5 are fire. Skill 3 is a dual skill influenced by both active attunements ⇒ fire + air for example is .
- The order of the attunements doesn't matter here, water primary with fire secondary has the same dual attack as fire primary and water secondary. Attuning to the same element twice has its own dual skill.
- It's possible to attune twice in a row to the same element, and doing this with is going to be a part of your burst rotation.
- The build makes little to no use of .
- Keep swapping in-and-out of repeatedly while roaming between capture points in order to maintain Swiftness.
- Note: attuning to air twice in a row doesn't give swiftness the second time.
- The condition applied from depends on your active primary attunement when your hits the target, not the primary attunement you are in when you cast the skill. If you want to inflicting Immobilize to set up a burst then you need to remain in until the skill lands - or swap into earth right before it lands.
- 's purpose is twofold.
- Mobility: and are excellent movement skills that can help you disengage from fights if your defensive CDs ran out, or if you want to get to the other capture point as soon as possible.
- Cleave: AoE in the build is rather clumsy, except for and . Use these whenever you need to cleave down a downed enemy.
- is best used in earth for the Protection.
- isn't interrupted when you change attunements. Starting the channel in air and swapping to any other attunement is an excellent way of recharging air through as this skill hits multiple times in a short period of time. This is also a great filler in general.
- This build bursts by rapidly unloading instant cast abilities on top of a channeled one.
- The 3 main channeled skills you're going to use in bursts are , and .
- All of your hard hitting abilities should go off after double attuning to .
- Burst combos that require an enemy to stay in place (such as the ones involving ) should be used after firing in for the Immobilize.
Notable burst combos
These are some potential combos you can use based on the techniques outlined above. The quicker you pull these chains off, the better.
From Fire primary Air secondary:
- ⇒ for the Might
- Cast and time it in a way that it goes off right after you've swapped to Air
- Note: in this specific case, if you already have an active buff before beginning the chain, should be used after the second in order to benefit from the Air modifiers and .
From Earth primary Air secondary:
From Earth primary Fire secondary:
- makes it easy to kite most specs. The Chill from Water skills like helps too. Avoid melee as much as possible!
- CCs can be used for shaking off pursuers.
- Abuse spots on maps that break teleport skill pathing when the enemy team has Thieves, Revenants, and other such specs with teleports. Use the terrain to your advantage in general, it's very important for builds as squishy as this one.
- 's barrier application is always useful.
- Swapping to Earth is a great way of instantly gaining Protection, even when you're stunned.
- and provide excellent protection against enemies who use projectiles. These however do not work against unblockable projectiles, and some ranged builds - such as this one - are mostly unaffected by projectile reflects and blocks.
- and are your last resort defenses in situations where neither CC nor projectile denial will keep you alive. You should only use these when other options are either unavailable or not going to suffice.
- Twitch: Grimjack
- Twitch: Zeus
- Core Fresh Air - Core, F2P PvP version of the Fresh Air archetype.
- Freshweaver Roamer - WvW roaming version.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade