Elementalist - Staff DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A backline build providing damage, CC and field support. Requires a precise usage of skills and positioning to survive. Also, somewhat accessible by F2P, more new player friendly and straight to play than Staff Backline
- for personal stability when prone to being caught in CC often.
- and traits add significant damage, but only if you can catch the enemy in your CCs (Especially Static Field) without Stability.
- If not using
- feast option with additional damage reduction.
- Use as much Marauder's as you feel is necessary then fill out with Berserker's
- Avoid inefficient stats like Valkyrie's. Marauder's is strictly better than Valkyrie's when considering effective power and health.
- Extra survivability
- good offensive filler sigil when kills are frequent
- Better Fury uptime in situations where it is not provided by the group.
- Highest potential damage but difficult to maintain versus Retaliation
- highest damage option with frequent kills.
- equal option to Truffle Steak, profits from external precision sources.
- This build provides high damage, but is taken over other similar damage choices for the wide variety of CC available to lock down enemies inside Winds and other group damage sources.
- This build requires rapidly switching between attunements. You can reduce the cooldown on an attunement by switching it while you are still casting a skill (this will not interrupt the cast).
- Meteor shower is your main damage source, but it has a long cast time and by the end of it you can find yourself out of position or focused by enemies. You can avoid this in two ways:
- Use after you start casting it.
- Use the "burning retreat trick" (see GYF). This way avoids using but you can find yourself even further away from your zerg. Gfycat: Burning Retreat Trick
- Meteor Shower should always be followed up by in to ensure an Immobilize from the trait .
- is also very effective when used inside a Spellbreaker's
- If you are alone and have to run somewhere, you can stack swiftness: Use in Air Attunement and switch out and into air to proc . You can also blast with by using Eruption before swapping to air attunement.
- 's direction is based on your where your character is looking. Turn briefly while casting the skill to aim it and effectevily blocking the passage. Gfycat: See GYF for explaination
- You can interrupt by using stow weapon as soon as you are full healed in order to save time.
- provides great mobility and a damage boon when wielded. It can be used after casting to increase the damage.
High Spike Damage
- Start in Fire
- This combo allows 3 high damage skills to all hit at once if cast quickly, spiking for extremely high damage.