Firebrand - Power Firebrand
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A power firebrand build for roaming and zerging in open world. Guardian as a base class is very capable in almost all areas of the game, and Firebrand gives it strong boon support.
This build can complete most open world content with ease, though it can fall behind when attempting extremely difficult content such as soloing Legendary Bounties or with fast zergs like the Lake Doric Leather Farm. It can easily roam with Greatsword + x/Focus, or with x/Focus + x/Focus and Can't find such trait "Right-hand Strength"! Please refer to our trait index.
Overall the builds is slightly harder to play than Guardian or Dragonhunter but brings a wider variety of tools to deal with difficult situations.
The standard variants of this build are geared towards solo or roaming play. For zerging in events trains you should run a Staff with . If you wanted to min/max further, use and to maintain maximum movement speed in the zerg, which allows you to secure tags you would otherwise lose.
- Scepter/Focus - use when soloing difficult mobs.
- If you need to replace a skill, you should always replace before anything else.
- - grants more retaliation uptime for boss fights.
- - more crowd control.
- - more condition cleanse.
- - blinds enemies.
- or - if projectiles are a problem.
- if you need stability. NOTE: This is recommended when zerging, as getting CC'd is virtually the only way to actually die in farming zergs.
- - if running or .
Zerg Variant: Zeal
When zerging, it is beneficial to change out traits that rely on symbols in the Zeal traitline.
Roaming Variant: Honor
- For extremely difficult content, it maybe worth taking Honor instead of Zeal. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge more often. It is advised that you run Scepter and Focus with this variant.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The standard equipment for open world.
- Berserker's , Assassin's - higher dps, much lower defense
- Knight's - lower DPS, higher defense
- Commander's - higher boon duration, roughly equal defense and damage
- Diviner - higher boon duration and damage, but much lower defense
- / / - higher defense and boon duration, lower damage
- - higher burst, slightly lower damage
- Use a Staff with while zerging.
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- ,- Defense/Damage
- ,- Damage
- - Damage
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , and . Always make sure you have retaliation before using your high-damage skills (e.g. by casting before anything else).
- is your strongest burst damage opener due to the high flat damage of its skills and the Quickness it generates. Use
- The cooldown of resets off every kill thanks to .
- Once you've gone through your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- This build has access to a lot of short bursts of Quickness from mantras and . Use them to speed up the cast time of your burst damage skills.
- Fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from .
- Use and to block incoming attacks.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , , , or
- has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in and .
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use
- If having lots of trouble with conditions bring .
- (as a last resort)