Firebrand - Power Firebrand
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
A fantastic general build for open world that brings high burst damage, decent DPS, and excellent self-support in the form of boons, stunbreaks, and defense. This build is a great generalist that can hold its own in all but the most challenging content.
- Self-boons like crazy
- Very high burst damage (though not as high as DH)
- Swiss Army Knife toolkit
- Really squishy, even with lots of protection uptime
- Very immobile
- Scepter/Focus - use when soloing difficult mobs.
- Staff - use in zergs
- Do not replace .
- - grants more retaliation uptime for boss fights.
- - more crowd control.
- - more condition cleanse.
- - blinds enemies.
- or - if projectiles are a problem.
- if you need stability. NOTE: This is recommended when zerging, as getting CC'd is virtually the only way to actually die in farming zergs.
- - better with in mobile zergs since symbols won't stack much
- - provides high uptime on protection, especially good with the Diviner variant below.
Roaming Variant: Honor
- For extremely difficult content, it maybe worth taking Honor instead of Zeal. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge much more often.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- This variant is the standard variant for open world. It does overcap crit while retaliation is active, but performs the best overall since retaliation uptime is so low.
- This variant hits just over 100% crit chance while Fury and Retaliation are active.
- This variant provides nearly 60% boon duration, which makes most of your boons permanent.
- With this variant specifically, you can mix in some pieces of Commander's gear for extra defense if needed.
There are lots of options when it comes to other equipment that can help this build shine in specific situations.
The gear sets provided above are generally considered the best options. Follow their specific variants.
While are the highest DPS option for this build due to its very high crit chance, other options exist:
- , , - all great defensive options
- , , - budget option to
- - provides more evades; with good play, this sigil alone can turn most builds into Solo builds.
- - hilarious sigil on this build with the Diviner variant when killing many mobs; mostly for meme's sake.
- - helps with condi pressure, which this build is already very good at dealing with.
- This food assists with more difficult content, such as bosses or bounties.
- , - Defense/Damage
- , - Damage
- - Damage
- This food is used to maximize profit when farming events.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , and . Always make sure you have retaliation before using your high-damage skills (e.g. by casting before anything else).
- is your strongest burst damage opener due to the high flat damage of its skills and the Quickness it generates. Use
- The cooldown of resets off every kill thanks to .
- Once you've gone through your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- This build has access to a lot of short bursts of Quickness from mantras and . Use them to speed up the cast time of your burst damage skills.
- Fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from .
- Use and to block incoming attacks.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , , , or
- has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in .
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use
- If having lots of trouble with conditions bring .
- (as a last resort)