Firebrand - Quickness Support Condi DPS
The access to utility skills allows firebrand to provide boons such as Aegis and Stability better than almost any other class, and their tomes mean they always have access to extra abilities such as condition cleanse or reflect.
may be swapped out for the following:
- can be used to provide Stability and Resolution.
- can be used if you need multiple pulsing applications of Stability over a longer period of time.
- can be used as a reflect.
- can provide higher DPS than on encounters with long phases.
- can be used for more CC.
- might be useful on encounters where reliable Swiftness and Aegis are more valuable than damage.
The master trait in Virtues is completely optional. You could run for more support, or for higher Chilled uptime.
- Swap in as many Ritualist stats pieces as necessary to ensure Quickness uptime.
- If you are tanking, swap in Celestial stats gear until you have as much toughness as needed.
- If Ritualist stats are too difficult to obtain, you can replace those pieces with Celestial stats.
- If the toughness is an issue, then just run full Viper stats with .
Balthazar Runes Variant
If you want to benefit from ascended food buffs, you are better off running the setup below:
- You should use (or ascended versions) and .
- In fractals, you can swap the utility to without losing boon duration (assuming you have 150+ AR and Mistlock Singularities.
- You can swap in Sinister stats pieces for more DPS, but make sure not to drop below ~42% boon duration.
- for a cheaper alternative
, , and are used to maintain Quickness on your group.
- and can be cast as soon as they are available.
- should be used every 7 seconds to activate . You can estimate this by looking at the line that moves around the mantra icon as it recharges. Once it starts moving along the top of the icon, at least 7.2 seconds have passed (if you have Alacrity) so it can be freely used again.
Otherwise follow the rotation found in Build:Firebrand_-_Condi_DPS
Encounter Specific Tips
- Use on Scepter to Immobilize Seekers that are getting too close.
- Make sure not to face Seekers when using to ensure you don't pull them into the group.
- can be used to quickly recover after a skipped green, or at the end of the split phase if you have any spare pages.
For more information, see our Vale Guardian Guide.
For more information, see our Spirit Woods Guide.
- can be used to block Gorseval's slams.
- can be used to pull the little spirits into Gorseval to they can be cleaved down.
- During the split phase, use on the big spirits to prevent them moving into Gorseval.
- Use during the break bar to help out-heal the returned damage.
- During the later parts of the encounter it may be worth dropping your on the Orbs to prevent them expanding into the group.
For more information, see our Gorseval the Multifarious Guide.
- Bandit Sappers spawn opposite the cannons every 30 seconds, and you can use to pull them into the group. Make sure the sapper has thrown its bomb before doing this however if you don't want to skip the cannon.
- can also be used to provide Stability during the flamewall attack.
- If you have spare pages, use Epilogue Unbroken Lines in when Karde spawns, to provide toughness and protection for his flamethrower attack.
For more information, see our Sabetha the Saboteur Guide.
- Use to pull slublings (NOT the friendly slubling) into the stack.
- Unless it's being covered by other people, bring to provide Stability for the Fear attack after Slothasor's defiance bar is broken.
- can be used to quickly cleanse conditions if people are hit by the shake attack}}
- If slubling pressure is too high, then Chapter 3 Valiant Bulwark in can reduce it, though some slubling attacks are unblockable.
For more information, see our Slothasor Guide.
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various bandit CCs.
For more information, see our Bandit Trio Guide.
- You can be the group's primary reflect if you bring . Note that you must place the wall inside Matthias' hitbox, or the targeted person will need to remain still in order to ensure all the shards are reflected correctly.
- if you are not the main reflect, you can be a backup by using Chapter 3 Valiant Bulwark in .
- If your group's CC is bad, take to easily break the sacrifice. Matthias will no longer try to sacrifice players in the abomination phase, so you can use it to block the Shards of Rage attack instead (make sure not the block the bubble attack).
- Matthias will Fear the whole squad when transitioning into the abomination phase. If you have spare pages, enter and apply as much Stability and Resolution to your group as possible to protect against this.
For more information, see our Matthias Gabrel Guide.
Stronghold of the Faithful
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various White Mantle CCs.
For more information, see our Escort Guide.
- can be used to pull the orb into a rift.
- Slightly delay after the orb collecting phase and drop it on the group and KC when it starts using phantasmal blades to cleanse the Confusion and Torment from your subgroup.
For more information, see our Keep Construct Guide.
- is worth taking to reduce general annoyance from the various White Mantle CCs.
For more information, see our Twisted Castle Guide.
- Use to pull adds into the stack.
- Use during the split phase and on the "puzzle islands" to clear condis, provide Swiftness, and keep everyone alive. The pages should recharge by the time Xera spawns.
- You can help clear shards with without having to run into the AoEs.
For more information, see our Xera Guide.
Bastion of the Penitent
- Bring to help your group if you are skipping greens.
- If you are skipping greens and is not off cooldown, you can use to provide some Stability to your subgroup instead.
For more information, see our Cairn the Indomitable Guide.
For more information, see our Mursaat Overseer Guide.
- Epilogue Eternal Oasis in can be dropped on the target of Brutalize to boost healing to them during the break bar.
- If your group's CC is lacking, you can bring . Try to drop it on the target of Brutalize to provide some incidental healing as well as CC.
For more information, see our Samarog Guide.
- When blocking Mind Crush rather than hiding in the dome, you will take ticking damage for 10 seconds afterwards, so will be useful to keep people alive.
- If you are responsible for Aegis then you need to take as the duration and AoE are much larger.
- can be used to Immobilize Prides to keep them away from Saul.
For more information, see our Deimos Guide.
Hall of Chains
- Make sure not to pull the Tormented Dead into the group with .
- After the Tormented Dead has been knocked, you can use to keep it Immobilized at range.
- can be useful in dealing with conditions if people are hit by scythes or the Tormented Dead AoE.
- You could take to help with CC.
For more information, see our Soulless Horror Guide.
- You could bring as an emergency heal.
For more information, see our River of Souls Guide.
For more information, see our Statues of Grenth Guide.
For more information, see our Dhuum Guide.
- Use to pull in swords and CC shields.
For more information, see our Conjured Amalgamate Guide.
For more information, see our Sorting and Appraisal Guide.
- As it's hard to maintain DPS during Nikare's charge, use or to heal and clear condis, or provide extra toughness and Protection.
- The breakbar attack fires out projectiles than can be blocked with Chapter 3 Valiant Bulwark.
- The Largos are Exposed for eight seconds after being broken, so it may be beneficial to try your burst to coincide with this - if you enter your tome as the breakbar appears this should be approximately the correct timing.
For more information, see our Largos Assassins Guide.
- can be used to pull Magma Elementals (either into the group or away, depending on strategy).
- If the squad is really struggling to prevent the Lava Elementals from reaching Qadim, you could consider bringing as this will prevent them from being able to enter his hitbox for five seconds. Be aware that this will also push Magma Elementals out, so be very careful when you use it.
For more information, see our Qadim Guide.
The Key of Ahdashim
- is a good choice here as Sabir cannot be damaged during one of his defiance bars, so breaking it quickly is a group DPS increase.
For more information, see our Cardinal Sabir Guide.
- Chapter 3 Valiant Bulwark in can be used to protect against the hand knockback in the split phase by camping the tome to keep using it. Note that it will not be up for every hand (unless you are very slow) so you will either need to alternate with another player, or just keep it as a backup.
For more information, see our Cardinal Adina Guide.
- You should bring to protect everyone from the knock-back attack at the start of each phase.
For more information, see our Qadim the Peerless Guide.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium