Harbinger - Celestial Elixir Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Celestial Harbinger WvW build designed for Roaming.
- Offhand Focus over Dagger - equally viable option. adds a great boonrip skill with high damage, but your condition cleansing and sustain's going to be a bit lower if you drop dagger.
- - worth considering if you're NOT running .
- lets you share your elite's boons with allies, something that's worth considering if you're roaming with a group.
Taking Soul Reaping instead of Death Magic for more condition damage, better Life Force management and unblockable Staff Marks is also a viable choice. This however is a high risk/reward option, as your sustain is going to be considerably lower:
- - passive mobility boost with good stats and a useful 6th proc. also works and it's a cheaper option.
- - much better Might stacking and damage in general if you can afford to give up the extra cleansing of Antitoxin runes.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - active damage mitigation.
- - budget version
- or or
Elite specialization basics
- doesn't replace your health bar! Unlike other Necromancer shrouds, Harbinger Shroud can't be used to soak damage, which makes this spec more squishy by default. Death Magic should offset this a bit.
- You can enter shroud even with no Life Force to use, but staying inside still drains your LF each interval.
- Entering Shroud triggers . If you're CC'd and getting focused you can enter shroud for the Weakness and boon rip as a defensive measure and even proc for some cleansing and additional counter-pressure.
- is one of the more versatile skills in the build:
- The healing and endurance reduction from Poison and Weakness is great for wearing down enemy bunkers/supports.
- Could be used defensively for AoE projectile denial, helping you and your teams survive pressure, even shutting down elites such as .
- It's unblockable and the Poison does solid damage on its own.
- Both entering and staying in shroud removes conditions thanks to and .
- Removing and applying conditions generates Carapace stacks from Death Magic, reducing direct damage taken. At 25+ stacks is going to start pulsing Protection for, well, further protection. This boon also reduces condition damage taken thanks to .
- grants Carapace even if the condition was removed through other means, like .
- 's 6th bonus is a massive boost to your cleansing in general.
- (SW) is great for preventing condition pressure from ramping up on you. Activating its chain skill which "ends" Spectral Walk does not stop the cleansing. This skill has many uses, for example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ (Flesh Wurm skill) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- provides much needed vertical mobility, allowing you to teleport to the highground if you need to escape or chase someone.
- Harbinger has better mobility than the average Necromancer build which could prove useful when it comes to surviving damage. and are both great for building (or closing) gaps.
- and are the closest things you have to a mass cleanse.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade