Harbinger - Celestial Elixir Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Celestial Harbinger WvW build designed for Roaming known for its high sustain, strong damage and decent mobility.
- Offhand Focus over Dagger - equally viable option. adds a great boonrip skill with high damage, but your condition cleansing and sustain's going to be a bit lower if you drop dagger.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - low CD stun break and the Resistance is useful against Blind spamming specs like D/P Thief or Holosmith.
- - stun break that could also be used as a mobility tool, iT's especially useful at scaling difficult terrain and kiting to the highground. The downside is the long cast time, especially when you're trying to set this up as an escape tool while disengaging.
- - if you need more cleansing.
- - area denial skill that could ward off attackers or trap enemies inside.
- Take if you want more passive survivability.
- is an equally viable option, improves your Pistol skills in exchange for lower burst damage and less Stability access.
- lets you share your elite's boons with allies, something that's worth considering if you're roaming with a group.
Taking Soul Reaping instead of Death Magic for more condition damage, better Life Force management and unblockable Staff Marks is also a viable choice. This however is a high risk/reward option, as your sustain is going to be considerably lower:
- - passive mobility boost.
- - good hybrid damage rune.
- - nearly permanent Quickness uptime.
- - better burst damage and condition variety, but Demon Queen is better at bringing down other high sustain Cele specs because of the healing reduction.
- - improves both your strike damage and condition pressure, easy to maintain.
- - extra survivability.
- - passive damage mitigation and great stats.
- - active damage mitigation.
- - budget version
- , , or .
- Budget: either from Canned Food Crates found in WvW s or purchased from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Elite specialization basics
- doesn't replace your health bar! Unlike other Necromancer shrouds, Harbinger Shroud can't be used to soak damage, which makes this spec more squishy by default. Death Magic should offset this a bit.
- You can enter shroud even with no Life Force to use, but staying inside still drains your LF each interval.
- Entering Shroud triggers . If you're CC'd and getting focused you can enter shroud for the Weakness and boon rip as a defensive measure and even proc for some cleansing and additional counter-pressure.
- is one of the more versatile skills in the build:
- The healing and endurance reduction from Poison and Weakness is great for wearing down enemy bunkers/supports.
- Could be used defensively for AoE projectile denial, helping you and your teams survive pressure, even shutting down elites such as .
- It's unblockable and the Poison does solid damage on its own.
- Both entering and staying in shroud removes conditions thanks to and .
- Removing and applying conditions generates Carapace stacks from Death Magic, reducing direct damage taken. At 25+ stacks is going to start pulsing Protection for, well, further protection. This boon also reduces condition damage taken thanks to .
- grants Carapace even if the condition was removed through other means, like .
- (SW) is great for preventing condition pressure from ramping up on you. Activating its chain skill which "ends" Spectral Walk does not stop the cleansing. This skill has many uses, for example:
- Activate SW ⇒ jump off a cliff while being chased ⇒ when your enemies jump after you.
- Activate SW ⇒ (Flesh Wurm skill) ⇒ teleport back when they catch up to you. This works for stomping downed enemies as well, the channeling isn't interrupted by either of these teleports!
- provides much needed vertical mobility, allowing you to teleport to the highground if you need to escape or chase someone.
- Harbinger has better mobility than the average Necromancer build which could prove useful when it comes to surviving damage. and are both great for building (or closing) gaps.
- and are the closest things you have to a mass cleanse.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium