Herald - Condi Herald
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Focused on: Condition damage
Condi Herald is a powerful generalist for open world with absurdly high defense and decent DPS. It can perform a variety of roles but operates best on its own or with small groups.
- Sword (offhand) - applies considerable vuln and has a teleport; good for trash mobs
Herald is a very versatile class with a swiss-army-knife style skill set. You should swap legends according to the situation.
- - The best choice for condi-heavy variants. This is required for the variant to work.
- - The strongest hybrid option; provides boon support and burst damage
- - Provides condi clear, projectile hate, and very high healing.
- - The strongest strike-based legend.
- - Provide large amounts of defense and CC.
- - more sustain
- - more condition cleanse
- Invocation offers a smoother playstyle at the cost of most of your sustain. Run this when you're facing weak mobs.
- + - provides higher strike damage
- - condition hate
- - extra sustain
- - access to various boons
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
This set uses gear similar to Build:Renegade_-_Condi_DPS, making it an excellent option for general PVE.
- Trailblazer - trades ~20% dps for a massive increase to defense
- Celestial - offers higher boon duration and ally support
- - extremely high sustain
- - use five of these + 1 Black Diamond for a very close analogue to
- - similar DPS to
- - defensive sigil
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions. Budget versions of these foods exist and are acceptable.
- - farming
- - DPS
- - defense
- (and variants) - farming
- , - dps
- - dps if using gear with high toughness
Legend Breakdown: Damage & General Use
Two big pieces of general advice here:
- Swap legends often, typically off cooldown.
- Try not to interrupt your auto-attack chain if possible.
Other than that, you can spam weapon skills and use your utilities appropriately as outlined below:
- Glint offers a wide variety of options and is the go-to hybrid spec. You have to options while in Glint.
- Consume and for damage and CC, then maintain and for extended offensive boons.
- Consume all facets other than and , then maintain for Protection.
Either way, always consume any active Facets before legend swapping to trigger .
- Shiro is our power DPS legend and is incredibly simple to use. Turn on until you run out of energy. Hit things.
- At first blush Jalis may not seem like much, but he's likely the most powerful legend in Rev's kit for most solo play. A few big things to note:
- is a huge amount of CC
- and provide a LOT of damage reduction.
- deal decent damage and provide some healing
- is a good stability source.
Generally with Jalis, you want to assess if the threat warrants a . If not, wear the target down with and (if it has a breakbar).
It should be noted that is very powerful on Jalis.
- Mallyx is our edgy spec and is the best option for heavy condition pressure, both in and out. As a bonus, it gets a phenomenal combo we'll talk about later that provides some of the highest sustain in the game.
While in Mallyx, it's often best to simply activate and let it run out. You can use to break stun or give yourself a break from conditions, and is a short-range leap which can group enemies up for you to burst down.
If running , your will heal you for absolutely absurd amounts of health. Seriously. No, like really. Just try it. Its hilarious, we promise.
- Our old friend Ventari is the worst of the legends for general play but you'll be happy he's there when you really need him. Ventari has two major components to remember:
- is a long-duration, low-upkeep dome of projectile hate. This skill trivializes content that relies heavily on projectiles, such as Carin in Bastion of the Penitent or the Champion Commander Razorwing. It does eventually expire, but it lasts quite a long time. Try to conserve energy while its up so you don't run out too fast.
- is a spammable condition cleanse in an AOE. This is fantastic for random open world zergs.
That's about it with Ventari. He's pretty straightforward.
Facet of Nature
This ability is quite powerful depending on which legend you have active. In general, you should strive to keep active during , , and due to the high healing and damage reduction it applies. Thanks to , you can also consume it and keep the bonus for a short time.
- - provides you lifesteal with a 0.5s ICD, allowing you to heal for roughly 160 hp/s.
- - provides 20% boon duration; this can exceed the duration cap
- - 10% damage reduction while active
- - pulls conditions from allies to you; not recommended in open world
- Shield skills remove a condition on use.
- and are your heal skills.
- is great for anti-condition pressure.
- is a very powerful heal.
- grants damage reduction based on current upkeep.
- if running staff offhand.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade