Herald - Condition Mallyx
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition-based Herald build with decent boon removal, pressure, and utility. Once part of the PvP metagame, now struggling to reclaim its former glory.
- Pulsating Pestilence is an equally viable alternative.
- Start the match on Dragon stance (Glint) and immediately activate the following 4 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- Facet of Nature's upkeep effect pushes your extra boon duration to 78% which can be quite useful for skills that grant Resistance, Might, or your dodge which grants Stability. In combat it's best used with Pain Absorption and Facet of Chaos for a brief period of time before unleashing its chain skill for a plethora of boons.
- Chain Echoing Eruption with Searing Fissure in order to blast AoE Might or Unyielding Anguish for AoE Blind.
- Swapping legends deactivates the upkeep skills of that legend without sending them on full CD.
- Chaotic Release can be used to knock downed opponents away from their rezzing temmates, or to knock them off of capture points - this allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Try not to use Facet of Light's chain skill when Versed in Stone procs - incoming damage will be reduced by 50%. Less damage taken means less damage converted into healing.
- Most of the damage will come from the trait Abyssal Chill, which inflicts 2 stacks of Torment whenever you chill a target, making Unyielding Anguish the strongest AoE skill of the build while significantly bumping up the damage of Precision Strike on single-target.
- Frigid Blitz - unblockable, high pressure, good gap-closer and the Chill can slow down disengaging enemies.
- Unrelenting Assault won't hit particularly hard but it's good for stacking Might and evading attacks.
- Banish Enchantment hits everything between you and the target so targeting the furthest foe away from you will usually result in more boons removed and more pressure applied to the enemy team.
- The corruption line has 2 viable Grandmaster traits, both with a 240 trigger radius:
- Maniacal Persistence - adds some extra pressure even while using defensive skills. Best used against Power oriented teams with few sources of boon removal.
- Pulsating Pestilence - great (and not exclusively used) versus other condi comps. Pros: instant activation, can be used with sword #3 to eliminate the chance of your opponent being out of range, chance to apply conditions you otherwise don't have access to. Cons: might not copy the best 3 conditions on you, less effective against Power based opponents.
- Downed targets: Searing Fissure + Unyielding Anguish + Embrace the Darkness + Mace auto attacks. This chain will make sure that your opponent won't get up anytime soon.
Self Sustain & Disengaging
- Resistance from Demonic Defiance pulses after the heal from
- Crystal Hibernation is your third healing skill. It heals for a fair amount, blocks attacks but stops you in place making you an easy target -watch out for Unblockable abilities like Reaper's Mark traited with Soul Marks.
- Unyielding Anguish will be your best mobility tool and on some maps can be used to leap to places where enemies can't follow (or at least, not easily).
- Envoy of Exuberance aimed at your character heals for a small amount and grants Protection.
- Pain Absorption is the most reliable skill to use if you want quick access to Resistance - while other Demon Stance skills may grant Resistance as well, this is your only on-demand access to the boon while Demonic Defiance is on CD.
- Heavy boon removal combined with high condition pressure