Herald - Condition Mallyx
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: PvP Conquest
A condition-based Herald build with decent boon removal, pressure, and utility. The current version specializes in dueling/sidenoding.
- Off-hand Axe over Shield - this cuts back on sustain significantly in exchange for more CC and mobility. Higher risk/reward option. Take on Herald.
- helps you deal with conditions. However giving up increases the chance of getting your interrupted after breaking stuns, which prevents the condition transfer and boon application from happening.
- trades mobility for an improved F2.
- - helps against conditions and has good stats.
- - makes the build even more tanky.
- - adds some extra Poison stacks to your burst damage, works well in a build with 2 healing skills.
- - better condition cleansing.
- - AoE CC and anti-projectile dome every ~30 seconds upon elite activation.
- - pulses defensive boons for your team whenever you use an elite skill once every ~30 seconds.
- - similar to Cerus but this one always applies Poison and Cripple instead of corrupting boons. The field spawns directly under your targeted enemy.
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50, procs various traits such as or , and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD) among other things. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs or low on energy. That's not all however, on Mallyx builds legend swapping may also be used to do AoE burst damage or manage conditions on yourself.
- Start on Dragon stance (Glint) and while still in the base activate the following 4 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- (use its active when your energy is about to hit 0)
- In combat is used for dealing with conditions. On Mallyx transfers conditions to nearby enemies, while on Glint it extends the duration of boons on nearby allies, which is best used when you have Resistance.
- Swapping legends deactivates the upkeep skills of that legend without sending them on full CD.
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their rezzing teammates, or to knock them off of capture points - this allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Most of the damage comes from Mace and Mallyx.
- Chain ⇒ in order to stack Might. Use these two weapon skills on CD.
- might not do a whole lot of damage but a ranged, unblockable boon removal with Chill and synergy can still pressure targets by softening them up or preventing them from building distance.
- (CoA) is a rather strong CC skill, capable of balling up an entire team or pulling enemies off the highground. While it doesn't do much damage on its own, if you have enough allies around you may consider abusing this skill as much as possible to harass the enemy team and set up kills.
- is a great followup for CoA (if you have the energy for it). While generally viewed as a single target ability, it's capable of hitting multiple foes if they are close enough to each other.
- Consider activating right before doing a CoA jump, as CoA is a leap finisher and EtD is a Dark field. By combining them you can grant yourself Dark Aura.
- is where most of the burst comes from. Always try to activate it before using Mace skills, even just a few seconds of this can cause serious AoE damage.
- Both elite skills can proc , which is something you should attempt to do once every 30 seconds. Targets right below the eye can be hit by the beam multiple times so is worth comboing with for CC.
Self Sustain & Disengaging
- is basically your third healing skill. It heals for a fair amount, blocks attacks and cleanses conditions.
- aimed at your character heals for a small amount and grants Protection.
- is the most reliable skill to use if you want quick access to Resistance. It's also a great support skill in general, removing conditions from allies and granting them Resistance.
- As with all stun breaks with a cast time, the second part of this skill can be interrupted and instead of just going on CD, you'll lose all the energy for nothing. could help with that - if you break stun with Pain Absorption you'll gain just enough Stability to cover the channeling.
- will be your best mobility tool and on some maps can be used to leap to places where enemies can't follow (or at least, not easily).
- 's chain effect is your jail free card - makes you immortal for the duration by converting all incoming damage into healing. Some players may stop pressuring you once Face of Light's been activated, in this case you should just wait a couple of seconds before using Infuse Light. Make sure you get at least 10k healing out of this skill, try to predict when burst is coming and use Facet of Light in advance - FoL has a cast time thus cannot be used while stunned, while Infuse is instant.
- Twitch: ShaoAZ
- Condition Mallyx Roamer - WvW Roaming version.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium