Herald - Condition Mallyx Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A tanky, Condition focused Herald build designed for WvW Roaming.
- Axe over Shield - better mobility, CC and damage if you can afford to give up a significant amount of cleansing/sustain. Take on Herald if you're opting for Axe.
- can be taken for a more tanky option.
Every Grandmaster tier trait is viable depending on the situation:
- adds some AoE pressure, you're free to take it if you're not afraid of incoming condition pressure.
- works best against builds with heavy condition pressure but no boon removal.
- is somewhere inbetween the other two traits, mixing both defense and offense. Best option when facing condition builds with heavy boon removal, such as Necromancers and other Mallyx players.
- Take if conditions are a bigger problem for you than CC.
- - if you can't afford Tormenting runes this should do.
- Dire and Trailblazer's are very close to each other in terms of viability when it comes to this build. This is due to the fact that the build doesn't really need the extra condition duration provided by Trailblazer, but overall it's still the tankier and safer set. If you want to squeeze out a bit more damage, or you can't afford Trailblazer, some Dire pieces are perfectly fine replacements.
- A full set of exotic Dire armor costs ~2g on the trading post and is a perfectly fine thing to run if you can't afford Trailblazer's gear. As for the trinkets, try to use the stat swappable ascended WvW trinkets for easy access to Trailblazer.
- - optimal ascended food.
- - budget DPS option.
- - cheaper version of the ascended food.
- - optimal
- - budget option, comes from Canned Food Crates found in Skirmish Chests.
- Invoking a legend resets energy to 50, procs various traits such as or , and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD) among other things. Swapping legends is basically the main resource management tool in the build - swap whenever you're out of CDs or low on energy. That's not all however, on Mallyx builds legend swapping may also be used to do AoE burst damage or manage conditions on yourself.
- Start on Dragon stance (Glint) and while still in the base activate the following 4 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- (use its active when your energy is about to hit 0)
- In combat is used for dealing with conditions. On Mallyx transfers conditions to nearby enemies, while on Glint it extends the duration of boons on nearby allies, which is best used when you have Resistance.
- Swapping legends deactivates the upkeep skills of that legend without sending them on full CD.
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their rezzing teammates, or to knock them off of capture points - this allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Most of the damage coems from Mace and Mallyx.
- Chain ⇒ in order to stack Might. Use these two weapon skills on CD.
- is great for setting up this combo, making sure both skills hit your target.
- is a strong and cheap offensive ability, not only removing boons but also pressuring targets via procs. Spamming this could set up a kill for your allies as you're getting rid of all the target's boons, while in mirror matchups this gets rid of Resistance on your opponents while also occasionally giving you Resistance through .
- is the best CC skill in the build, capable of balling up an entire team or pulling enemies off the highground. While it doesn't do much damage on its own, if you have enough allies around you may consider abusing this skill as much as possible to harass the enemy team and set up kills.
- is a great followup for CoA. While generally viewed as a single target ability, it's capable of hitting multiple foes if they are close enough to each other.
- is another great dps skill, maintaining this for a few seconds while unloading some of your weapon skills in melee can be a significant addition to your burst damage.
Self Sustain & Disengaging
- Every Mallyx skill has a chance to proc Resistance on a 5s ICD. Other sources of Resistance include swapping legends with equipped or using an elite skill to proc 's 6th bonus (if taken).
- Resistance from Demonic Defiance goes off after the healing does from , so if you have Poison on yourself try to get Resistance from another source before using your healing skill!
- is basically your third healing skill. It heals for a fair amount, blocks attacks and cleanses conditions.
- aimed at your character heals for a small amount and grants Protection.
- is the most reliable skill to use if you want quick access to Resistance. It's also a great support skill in general, removing conditions from allies and granting them Resistance.
- will be your best mobility tool and on some maps can be used to leap to places where enemies can't follow (or at least, not easily).
- 's chain effect is your jail free card - makes you immortal for the duration by converting all incoming damage into healing. Some players may stop pressuring you once Face of Light's been activated, in this case you should just wait a couple of seconds before using Infuse Light. Make sure you get at least 10k healing out of this skill, try to predict when burst is coming and use Facet of Light in advance - FoL has a cast time thus cannot be used while stunned, while Infuse is instant.
- Twitch: sim_souls
- Condition Mallyx (sPvP) - Conquest PvP version.