Herald - Hand Kiter
The community gave this build a rating, making it second-tier: Good
Designed for: Raids
A specialized variant of the Renegade - Boon Support Healer build designed to be self-sufficient while kiting the Soul Feast mechanic at Deimos. Should only be used in the Deimos encounter, for other encounters see Renegade - Boon Support Healer
Your mainhand weapon on the x/shield set doesn't really matter as you don't need to use any of the skills from it. If you are confident in your ability to survive, you can swap either weapon set for Hammer in order to get some ranged damage in.
- offers similar survivability to if you are able to reliably hit other allies with your tablet, and less reliance on for healing can give you more energy for blocks. You should also run if you use Jalis instead of Ventari.
Revenant has a great variety of options for hand kiting, so feel free to experiment and go with the option that fits you best.
Salvation can be swapped for Retribution for a greater focus on damage reduction over healing. This makes it easier to deal with hands, but harder to deal with the ticking damage after Mind Crush as it cannot be reduced. You should always run Jalis instead of Ventari when using Retribution.
- As this variant lacks , boon uptime is much less important and you should take instead of in Herald.
- If you are not confident, you could use as a safety net. Note that you are giving up a significant amount of healing by doing so, which can make this something of a false economy.
The exact gear doesn't really matter, but ideally you should aim to cap boon duration to ensure permanent Resistance uptime for and . You can just use the gear from Boon Support Healer, even though the bonuses from and don't affect you. This setup also avoid extra toughness (which can interfere with tanking) and vitality (which can be a double-edged sword as the ticking damage from Mind Crush is %-based).
There are numerous viable sigil options and which option is selected makes little difference to the build's performance
- - Useful if you find yourself using lots of dodges in your hand kiting. This synergises especially well if you're running Retribution.
- - If you're using a hammer, this can give you a small amount of extra survivability.
- If you really want to try and do as much damage as possible, you could run self-buffing sigils on your hammer such as:
There are numerous viable rune options, as long as you have enough boon duration.
is very nice as this build blocks a lot, but it's up to personal preference. Some other possibilities:
- allows you to get back to staff sooner after swapping for Mind Crush.
- adds some nice padding to your Resistance uptime.
- improves your passive healing.
- is ideal as it offers damage reduction, healing power and boon duration.
- Otherwise, any damage reduction food such as will do.
- or can be used at almost no cost in exchange for a minor loss of survivability compared to a damage reduction food.
- or .
- Legend swap off cooldown to maintain Resistance from .
- Try to maintain at all times.
- Use to block every second set of hand spawns.
- Heal through the other set of hands. Your skill priority is (in descending order): , , , , .
- Use or to survive Mind Crush.
- can be activated prior to to prevent damage from any hands that spawn while channeling the block, or if you are not confident with the timing of Mind Crush.
While on Ventari
- Bounce to allies and back to yourself to trigger the extended duration on (if using).
- Use on yourself (or your allies if they need it), leaving enough energy for or .
- Be sure to pick up the healing orbs that are dropped after dodging or using Ventari skills.
While on Jalis
- Activate and leave them running.
- Dodge over hands to give yourself Vigor and activate .
- Try to keep for emergency healing.
While on Glint
- Activate and . Leave them active.
- Activate and immediately consume your other facets off cooldown to provide multiple boons.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium