Herald - Power Shiro
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A high skill cap PvP Power Revenant burst build, created primarily for team fights and rotating.
- is a situational choice which can be useful against enemies who rely a lot on blocking for sustain, like Guardians.
Sigil of Exploitation can be replaced by:
- Superior Sigil of ExposureYour next attack after you swap to this weapon while in combat inflicts 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 9s)/.
- Invoking a legend will reset energy to 50, break stun, remove one condition, and could even trigger the sigils of your active weapon set (if they are not on CD).
- Start the match on Dragon stance (Glint) and immediately activate the following 3 upkeep skills for party buffing:
- Optional: add to the mix just before leaving from spawn, especially if a teammate wants to stack boons (a ranger usingfor example)
- In combat don't try to maintain your Glint upkeeps for too long, in most cases they shouldn't stay up for more than 3 seconds. Activating Facet of Elements and Strength only to immediately follow up with using andis a perfectly fine thing to do - these are also some of your best AoE skills.
- The passive of won't be used on Shiro. On Glint it's good for extending the duration of important boons such as Quickness, and following up with its active can add an extra few seconds to those boons.
- followed by a Staff #5 is a great way of interrupt blocking enemies and instantly pressuring them.
- can be used to knock downed opponents away from their teammates who are trying to revive them, or to knock them off of capture points - the latter allows you to take the cap while bleeding them out, delaying their respawn.
- Both elite skills have obvious tells and are easy to dodge, stow weapons to cancel casting if they're about to be evaded/blinded - this will save all the energy cost and only send the skill on a cd of 5 seconds. The same qualities make these skills perfect for fake casting by stowing weapons immediately after beginning the cast, baiting enemy dodges/blocks.
- The best way to proc Superior Rune of Leadership(1): +8 to All Stats (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +12 to All Stats (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +16 to All Stats (6): +10% Boon Duration; when you use an elite skill, convert up to 3 conditions into boons of all nearby allies. (Cooldown: 45 seconds), which is a cheap instant skill. You don't even need to use the seconds party of the chain to get the effect to proc, although you may still want to do that in order to get rid of the energy draining (in case you can't just legend swap out of it in due time).
- is one of the most versatile and strongest skills in the build:
- Beause of its passive is the best source of Might in the build.
- is a cheap stun breaker and one of the few skills in the game that can reveal stealthed targets.
- The Blind from Gaze can be used to avoid powerful attacks without wasting dodges, and can help you stomp warriors/revenants/engineers/rangers by blinding their downed CC. Even mesmers can be stomped with a little luck because of the AoE reveal.
- If you're Blinded while channeling you can useat the last moment before the skill finishes its animation - in this case Gaze of Darkness will miss instead of your elite.
- Beause of
- Movement speed is capped at 33% while out of combat, making Swiftness just as strong as Superspeed. During combat however can be used for boosting your mobility, which is also useful for disengaging.
- Herald no longer has the sustain it once had, and staying in melee range without active blocks or evasion could quickly overwhelm it. Although generally perceived as a melee build, there are quite a few ranged skills that will play an important part. The build's geared towards massive burst damage and utilizes hit-and-run tactics.
- Use skills like ,orto poke from a safe distance if going into melee would be too dangerous (bunch of hostile AoEs on point for example).
- Create openings where you can pressure targets uninterrupted by utilizing your CC skills such as or. Make every moment count by capitalizing on the setup with tools like Quickness,andto further increase the damage of your followup burst.
- will serve as the primary burst skill in the build.
- Might stacking is a crucial part of ramping up your damage. This is done mostly through (and if taken,).
- works best in 1v1s, where the damage isn't split. In team fights, it's mainly used for the evasion. Note: If you're facing an opponent with access to stealth, land Facet of Darkness' chain skill on them to apply Revealed, as stealth cancels Unrelenting Assault.
- It's possible to make all projectiles of Precision Strike hit your target even in a team fight by standing inside your opponent's hitbox (inside their character).
- can augment any skill and increase your damage output significantly while active. Note that it's only single target damage, for cleave it's basically useless. Always stop maintaining this skill if you're about to hit 0 energy - turning it off sends it on a 1 second CD while running out of energy results in a 4 second CD.
- Much of the build's cleave damage comes from auto attacking with a Sword while under the effect of Quickness either from .
- is a skill with life steal, which means the damage it deals bypasses any damage mitigation like Protection or even. That being said it still can't go through evasion or invulnerabilities such as.
Burst combo examples
- From range (assuming you have Fury and Might stacks already): Enchanted Daggers ⇒ Phase Traversal ⇒ Impossible Odds ⇒ Shackling Wave ⇒ any of your other skills on the weapon set, or swap to staff for a CC (skill 5).
- Melee: Chaotic Release ⇒ (optional step) swap legends and use Impossible Odds ⇒ ⇒⇒ Precision Strike
Self sustain & how to deal with conditions
- 's chain effectis your jail free card - makes you immortal for the duration by converting all incoming damage into healing. It's also by far your best tool for dealing with condition spikes. Some players may stop pressuring you once Face of Light's been activated, in this case you should just wait a couple of seconds before using Infuse Light. Make sure you get at least 10k healing out of this skill, try to predict when burst is coming and use Facet of Light in advance - FoL has a cast time thus cannot be used while stunned, but Infuse is instant.
- Revenant doesn't have any mass cleanses, instead it's the proper chaining of smaller removals that's going to do the trick:
- The highest possible number of conditions that can be removed in one combo is 8 (9 if we count Blindness, which you should attempt to remove before starting the chain, and potentially 12 with Superior Rune of Leadership(1): +8 to All Stats (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +12 to All Stats (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +16 to All Stats (6): +10% Boon Duration; when you use an elite skill, convert up to 3 conditions into boons of all nearby allies. (Cooldown: 45 seconds)
- Ideally start with to get rid of all snares and hard-CC such as Fear and Taunt. This skill alone could remove 4 different non-damaging conditions thus increasing the chance of cleansing the more important, damaging ones with other skills. The evade frame of the skills also ensures that you won't be inflicted with new conditions.
- Swapping to staff removes a condition thanks to and swapping legends can remove another one via the trait Cleansing Channel, bringing the total count to 6. If you were already on Staff it's still possible to proc the cleansing sigil with a legend swap, as explained earlier.
- Finish the chain with .
- After this you should be safe, but you've also exhausted your kit so play defensively for a while in order to avoid getting hit with new conditions by chaining blocks/evasions, or just staying at a safe distance for a couple of seconds.
- The highest possible number of conditions that can be removed in one combo is 8 (9 if we count Blindness, which you should attempt to remove before starting the chain, and potentially 12 with
- The combination of Staff and Shiro gives the revenant amazing tools for disengaging/stalling. Riposting Shadows gives 25 endurance (half a dodge roll's worth) while also evading and removing every hard-CC and snare from the player. In addition to that Staff has a short CD block/evasion in form of and.
- Safest way to benefit from when you need it for the healing is to use skills with evasion/blocking that also deal damage, such as Warding Rift, Surge of the Mists, or Unrelenting Assault.
- Heavy condition pressure
- Twitch: Frostball