Holosmith - Celestial Elixir Holo Roamer
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Designed for: WvW Roaming
A Celestial Holosmith build for WvW roaming built around and elixir synergy.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- - another block to use.
- - endurance refill on low CD, has synergy with various offensive traits. The toolbelt skill is the strongest part of this, allows you to revive yourself if you'd lose a duel provided that you can drop it under your character at the right moment.
- - if you're struggling against conditions a lot then this could solve your problem.
- Sword - focuses more on the strike damage aspect of the build. Better burst damage, worse sustain and range. Also adds an extra leap finisher.
- - unblockable CC to set up burst.
- You could consider taking if you're having trouble dealing with conditions, but you're going to have to sacrifice some damage for it.
Firearms over Explosives is also a viable option. While this makes your condi bursts a bit stronger, you lose the Fury and procs to even it out and your sustain's going to be a bit weaker due to the loss of frequent Blind and barrier procs:
- - makes your burning sources stronger but everything else a bit weaker. Increases the damage of your best burst skill slightly. In terms of effectiveness Trapper and Balthazar aren't far apart.
- - budget option with great stats and some extra defense against conditions.
- - defensive option with and synergy.
- - budget version.
- - defensive ascended choice with passive damage mitigation while also providing a decent amount of offensive stats.
Elite specialization basics
- Holosmith grants access to the Photon Forge (sometimes referred to as holo mode) and introduces a new resource: heat. Heat is generated passively while the forge is active and also by activating forge skills. Higher CD skills generate more heat.
- Reaching maximum heat (100) should be avoided as Overheating damages you and locks you out of the forge until heat goes back to 0.
- is used to activate the forge, after which your weapon skills will be replaced by 5 new ones. You can't exit the forge for at least 6 seconds, so think twice before reentering with high heat levels. You can however manage heat levels by dodging, both in and out of holo mode.
- Both Engage Photon Forge and Disengage Photon Forge count as toolbelt skills and will work with related traits. Both skills can proc weapon swap sigils too.
- Every elixir you use makes your next 3 attacks apply Poison thanks to .
- Your healing skill applies 6 stacks of Vass instead of 3.
- Vass works with toolbelt and kit elixirs too, giving the builds a constant stream of Poison applications.
- Your best burst skill is . It does high damage and hits several times over its duration, making it ideal for unloading Vass stacks.
- Condition cleansing is somewhat limited by default, mainly handled by (which you can activate by entering/leaving holo mode or swapping in and out of kits) and the + combo. You might need to be more careful against condition builds so make good use of your blocks, blinds and CC effects.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium