Mechanist - Alacrity Support Power DPS
A power boon support build for Mechanist. Provides permanent Alacrity and high uptime of Fury, with the option to provide permanent 25 stacks of Might. Mechanist is currently the only power build that can provide permanent uptimes of these three boons, making it a popular choice in many groups.
Power Alacrity Mechanist has a simple rotation that affords a good amount of CC with little damage loss, and the mech allows you to maintain high damage and boon uptime even if you're forced to deal with mechanics.
The mace build provides some extra support through barrier generation and offers slightly better CC, while the rifle build is higher DPS and (with higher boon duration) generates all its alacrity from the mech, enabling the mechanist to be completely off-stack as required without dropping boons.
- If no CC is required, offhand Pistol will offer a small amount of extra damage.
- Rifle will provide more DPS and better Might generation, though you will need more boon duration to make up for the lack of barrier to trigger .
- It would be a minor DPS gain to take , though it would only be worthwhile if you are absolutely certain that your group can maintain 25 Might without it.
- If you also want to be your subgroup's primary Might source, you can run . Ensure you are running in this case.
Boon duration variants
- The equipment above provides a generous amount of boon duration for two reasons:
- If using Rifle, you should run at least 50% boon duration. With this build, all your Alacrity generation is centred around the mech, so you will need to make sure it's on the group at all times.
- or ascended versions
The rotation below assumes you are using offhand Pistol.
Rest of the Rotation
After the opener, your basic loop is as follows:
- Autoattack and use on Mace until either Blowtorch or Rocket Fist Prototype are available - make sure to finish your auto chains!
- or - these should alternate between loops
- , and (if available)
- Weapon Swap (or stow kit)
- You will need to use to maintain Alacrity, but it can be delayed slightly if the Aegis is needed.
- Use off cooldown. You can delay it by a second if it will coincide with , as the internal cooldown of would prevent the first tick from applying Alacrity in this case.
- If you are using , use it instead of in the opener, then use one second after the final pulse of . Make sure never to have these two skills overlap - this is to avoid the internal cooldown from .
- Try to keep an eye on your mech, as it is a major source of Alacrity thanks to . If it ends up more than 600 units from the stack, don't hesitate to use to force it to the correct location.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade