Mechanist - Condi DPS
Condition mechanist is a strong and versatile DPS build that is both the strongest and simplest version of condition engineer to date. The addition of the mech ensures reliable damage with minimal input, and the strength of signets allows you to replace kits and vastly simplify the rotation as you desire.
The plethora of viable builds means that this is a strong option regardless of experience level, and it allows you to gently increase the difficulty (and damage) as you gain confidence. The default build presented here is the highest damage on most bosses, but also the most complicated, so be sure to read the guide to figure out which build is best for you.
- Mace can replace Pistol, which offers lower base damage but a lot more Confusion, which can be stronger on encounters where bosses attack frequently.
If you use , you can dramatically simplify the rotation without losing too much damage:
- can replace .
- On bosses with high attack rates, you could replace with instead.
- also becomes stronger, but may still be preferred.
- If you want to totally avoid kits, use a along with (as there will be few explosions).
- will make signets significantly stronger, allowing you to replace kits with them.
- could replace . If taken, a could also replace the .
- On bosses with very high attack rates, you could use and (assumes you are running Bomb Kit).
- or ascended versions
- for a cheaper alternative
Jade Dynamo rotation
The Jade Dynamo rotation (using three kits) is very complicated and essentially boils down to keeping track of priority cooldown skills and switching into kits as necessary to maximise their uses. Downtime between kit swaps are filled with Pistol autos.
To make this manageable, each "kit" you swap to (for these purposes we consider Pistols to also be a kit) has a key skill that we ideally want to swap to and use every time it comes off cooldown, as well as some lower-priority skills that you use if they happen to be off cooldown when you swap. The skills you use in each kit are:
Key skills: &
Other skills: &
You may notice that the cooldowns of the key skills (before Alacrity) are 5, 8 and 12 seconds, which do not fit together very neatly. The full rotation then is not going to look very neat, but it can be broken down into a general loop with three sections:
Cycle through each kit in turn, using all the skills named above in each. In general, the best order for kits will be
- & ⇒ ⇒ ⇒
and have the same cooldown, so if we make sure to cast last on Pistol and first in then we can know that we only need to go into immediately after using .
After , autoattack on Pistol until just before then do:
- ⇒ ⇒
Your key Pistol/Pistol should be coming off cooldown now so you can immediately go
- & ⇒ ⇒ Pistol/Pistol
may not be available when you swap to , so auto with until it's ready.
After autoattack on Pistol until just before , then:
- ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ Pistol/Pistol
The final section is much like Section 2, but the cooldowns align slightly differently.
- & ⇒ ⇒ Pistol/Pistol
This time, when is available do
- ⇒ ⇒ Pistol/Pistol
Autoattack on Pistol until and are on a ~6 second cooldown then quickly swap into and use . Return to Pistol/Pistol after using and start again from Section 1 when and are off cooldown.
Rotation example (Jade Dynamo)
If you find the structure above difficult to follow, you can use your Pistol cooldowns to prompt you to swap kits:
- Every time you use , go into
- has roughly half the cooldown of and , so use it once immediately before or after using these Pistol skills, then again when they are on a ~6 second cooldown.
- Focus on the key skills so as not to delay your rotation.
- When swapping to kits to use key skills, have a look at the remaining cooldowns on the other skills. If they are ready, then swap back to the kit and use them when you would otherwise just be autoattacking on Pistol.
- Pistol skills should take priority.
Mechanist's signets are very strong, which allows them to replace and if you use the trait. This also allows you to use without losing DPS.
See the Condi Boon Support page for this rotation, and use off cooldown - this should prevent you needing to use outside of the opener.
Rotation example (J-Drive & Aim-Assisted Rocket)
Rotation example (J-Drive with Bomb Kit)
- Any of your other Pistol skills will interrupt , so it's best to use it last.
- You can swap to during the cast without interrupting the skill.
- During the wind-up of , it can be interrupted with . Either make sure not to press too soon, or use first.
- Press all your mech skills off cooldown - you can save for CC if necessary.
- If using , use it off cooldown. It is a very small DPS gain though, so hold on to it if there is any danger that the mech might die.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium