Mechanist - Condi DPS
A condition DPS build for Mechanist.
- Mace can replace Pistol, which offers lower base damage but a lot more Confusion, which can be stronger on encounters where bosses attack frequently.
If you use , you can dramatically simplify the rotation without losing too much damage:
- can replace .
- also becomes stronger, but may still be preferred.
- will make signets significantly stronger, allowing you to replace kits with them.
- in combination with offers an alternate rotation that relies on spamming grenades at range (see video example in the Usage section).
- could replace . If taken, a could also replace the .
- or ascended versions
Jade Dynamo rotation
The Jade Dynamo rotation (using three kits) is very complicated and essentially boils down to keeping track of priority cooldown skills and switching into kits as necessary to maximise their uses.
To make this manageable, each "kit" you swap to (for these purposes we consider Pistols to also be a kit) has a key skill that we ideally want to swap to and use every time it comes off cooldown, as well as some lower-priority skills that you use if they happen to be off cooldown when you swap. The skills you use in each kit are:
Other skills: &
Other skills: &
You may notice that the cooldowns of the key skills (before Alacrity) are 5, 8, 10, and 12 seconds, which do not fit together very neatly. The full rotation then is not going to look very neat, but it can be broken down into a general loop with three sections:
Cycle through each kit in turn, using all the skills named above in each - all these skills will be available with the exception of , which will only be available every other loop. In general, the best order for kits will be
- → Pistol/Pistol → →
In the opener can come second to build up stacks of faster.
As and have shorter cooldowns, you use
won't be available when you swap to , so auto with until it's ready, then throw two more s before moving to Section 3 to make cooldowns line up better.
As was used earlier in the opener, on the very first loop you can use before and after instead (So → → ).
The final section is much like Section 1, but now the kit order is
- Pistol/Pistol → → →
should be available as soon as you swap to , but rather than swap away immediately, continue autoing with until is available again, then use it and return to the start of Section 1.
Refer to the video link below to see this in action.
Mechanist's signets are very strong, which allows them to replace and if you use the trait. This also allows you to use without losing DPS.
See the Condi Boon Support page for this rotation, and use off cooldown - this should prevent you needing to use outside of the opener.
- Press all your mech skills off cooldown - you can save for CC if necessary.
- If using , use it off cooldown. It is a very small DPS gain though, so hold on to it if there is any danger that the mech might die.
Upgrade to premium membership and take advantage of all the premium benefits, including complete ad removal across the entire website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade