Mechanist - Alacrity Support Condi DPS
The community gave this build a rating, making it top-tier: Great
Condition mechanist is more complex than its Power counterpart and it suffers a lot more when simplifying the rotation or taking extra utility, but it could be viewed as a "way in" to the Condi DPS build.
- Pistol can replace Mace for higher damage but lower Confusion and barrier generation.
- is required if your mech is in danger of dying.
- If you find you need more Alacrity generation, you could replace or with .
- You can take instead of for a much simpler rotation, but at a DPS loss (keep the signet passive).
- Replacing with offers the highest damage, but with a significantly harder rotation and a loss of utility.
- It would be a minor DPS gain to take , but you would lose a decent amount of Might for doing so.
- This setup has ~36% boon duration.
- You could go as low as ~31%, but this is not recommended.
- If the +408 toughness from celestial stats causes problems, you can replace your gear with ritualist stats pieces instead. This will leave you with only +45 toughness from the .
- If you use , then can be taken for even more damage via .
- or ascended versions.
The rotation below does not use . See the Condi DPS page for this rotation - if you are using Pistol/Pistol you can follow it as written; if you are using Mace/Pistol then do an extra mace auto chain whenever you would use Pistol skills.
Rest of the Rotation
After the opener, your basic loop is as follows:
- Autoattack and use on Mace until either Blowtorch or Rocket Fist Prototype are available - make sure to finish your auto chains!
- or - these should alternate between loops
- and (if available)
- Weapon Swap (or stow kit)
If you're fast, you may occasionally swap to and won't be immediately available. In this case, use to fill the gap.
As indicated above, there are a number of ways this build can be modified to suit the player, each bringing a different rotation. Rather than attempt to cover all of them, some general guidance is provided, from most to least complex:
- Pistol/Pistol with 4 kits - see the following video.
- Pistol/Pistol with 3 kits - see the following video.
- 2 kits - Follow the Condi DPS rotation.
- If using mainhand Mace, follow the same rotation but do a full auto chain each time you would swap to Pistol.
- Mace/Pistol with 1 kit - follow the rotation above.
- Thanks to , if you are over 360 units away from your mech when using F1-3 skills, their cooldown will be 50% longer. It is therefore vital to make sure you are within range before using them or you will cripple your boon uptimes.
- You will need to use to maintain Alacrity, but it can be delayed slightly if the Aegis is needed.
- Use off cooldown. You can delay it by a second if it will coincide with , as the internal cooldown of would prevent the first tick from applying Alacrity in this case.
- If you are using , use it instead of in the opener, then use one second after the final pulse of . Make sure never to have these two skills overlap - this is to avoid the internal cooldown from .
- Try to keep an eye on your mech, as it is a major source of Alacrity thanks to . If it ends up more than 600 units from the stack, don't hesitate to use to force it to the correct location.
Enjoy an ad-free experience & support the website, for less than $1 per month! Upgrade to Premium